Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help needed!!! Taking photo at ROM!!

Default Re: Help needed!!! Taking photo at ROM!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    No problem.

Note:

1. The ring exchange please, very important.
    2. White balance.
    3. Composition.
    4. Decorations.
    5. How to wear rings.
    6. How to tie rings on ring pillow.
    7. Group photos after the ceremony.
    8. The friends will mingle and good opportunity to take shots that you can practice.
    9. Signing of certificate, practice on your speed, got 5 ppl will sign.
    10. Try out different light source.
    11. Batteries and extra bodies, lens, flash and cards.
    12. Talk to the videographer if have one, so that easier to work together.
    13. When outdoor, use different lens for different feel, trial and error.
    14. When groom kisses the bride, please ensure you stand correct place, normally will talk to the couple before ceremony to ensure that.

Good Luck.
    Great field guide....actually I am wondering if there is such photography book that is cater to asian wedding.....those available in the bookstores are mostly western.
    A camera a day keeps me happy!
    Flickr me!

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    canon don't have DX camera..
    sorry me dun noe what canon call that... me nikon user..
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SumoBear View Post
    Great field guide....actually I am wondering if there is such photography book that is cater to asian wedding.....those available in the bookstores are mostly western.
    Every race or dialect group or region or even village has very different flow in marriages. How would anyone start to write a book on "Asian" weddings?

sorry me dun noe what canon call that... me nikon user..
    Me neither, but yes, you're right. Canon is 1.6x and Nikon is 1.5x. The generic word for it is cropped factor, as opposed to full frame, which is the FX equivalent in Nikon. And no, I have no idea what they call that in Canon either.

Hi everyone....

I am in the same boat too....being arrowed by best friend to shoot her ROM and its my virgin ROM shoot. She has even rejected another friend of hers who is a full-time photographer that is offering his service for "almost free" to her. That photographer actually asked her for free lunch after the shoot because she do not want to hire and pay him....

Anyway the ROM is going to be held in the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple which I believe to be a place for many nice mood shot. At my end.....I do not have any good weapons to shoot yet...HAHA! Right now I only have a 400D, kits lens and a 50mm F1.4.....I think many people will have their jaws dropped by showing such setup for ROM shoot.....anyway I know the limitation of this setup and it does slow me down with shooting at times so I am planning to get a 5D MKII with 24-105 F4 L to challenge this task. Anyway its about time to upgrade....

Should I have a flash with me? I am not a flash user and do not own one. Natural lighting is the way to go for me all the while...

Apart from having the DSLR, I am actually thinking to bring a film camera like the Lomo LCA or a Canon Film SLR mounted with my 50mm F1.4. I have been shooting films for yearsssss....and it is still irreplaceable by the digital format. But just wondering if I have the time to handle different cameras at the same time.
    JUST KEEP SHOOTING

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Every race or dialect group or region or even village has very different flow in marriages. How would anyone start to write a book on "Asian" weddings?
    Haha....quite true!!! Never thought of that.....
    Flickr me!

Blog Entries

The 50mm with the Cropped bodies will definately be tight for an enclosed area. Thats the crop factor which I hate about crop sensor. To counter that issue, my plan of getting the 5D MKII and pairing with the 24-105 F4L should be enough to resolve issue on the width and zoom. Actually I am a prime lens shooter....hope I will know how to use the zoom on the 24-105 and zoom by foot :P
    I think it would be good for you to rent a FF body like 5Dmk2 with a 24mm prime. Some of the best wedding photographers in singapore have this 2 camera setup:

FF body + 24/1.4
    APS-C body + 50/1.2 or 50/1.8. (I've been told to avoid the Canon 50/1.4)

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Me neither, but yes, you're right. Canon is 1.6x and Nikon is 1.5x. The generic word for it is cropped factor, as opposed to full frame, which is the FX equivalent in Nikon. And no, I have no idea what they call that in Canon either.
    Never know that Nikon is 1.5x....I am a true Canon follower since I begin digital photography.
    Flickr me!

Blog Entries

Never know that Nikon is 1.5x....I am a true Canon follower since I begin digital photography.
    Yup. Canon APS-C is 1.6x. Everyone else on APS-C is 1.5x.
    Canon also have the APS-H at 1.3x

Canon just wants to be a little different from everyone else.

yup, all the books are for western culture . . . anyway, i am trying to do one for asian. But really, alot of different things to add as different dialects/races got different styles.

I think it would be good for you to rent a FF body like 5Dmk2 with a 24mm prime. Some of the best wedding photographers in singapore have this 2 camera setup:

FF body + 24/1.4
    APS-C body + 50/1.2 or 50/1.8. (I've been told to avoid the Canon 50/1.4)
    Oh yah...I have heard of such setup but unfortunately my budget does not allow me to have. So I am thinking to have a 5D MKII with 24-105 and a film SLR with 50mm F1.4. I love shooting film but do not wish to risk my friend's ROM with film.....film is rather unpredictable at times.....

Why avoid the Canon 50mm F1.4? In fact the photographers that I like use the 50mm F1.4 more than any other lenses.
    Flickr me!

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    yup, all the books are for western culture . . . anyway, i am trying to do one for asian. But really, alot of different things to add as different dialects/races got different styles.
    Is there a chapter about "gate crashing"? Singapore's gate-crashing is EXTREME!!!! FEAR FACTOR CHALLENGE!!!

In a recent wedding which I have attended, my friend's wedding brother was asked to whack a bottle of 1.5 liters concentrated Ribena Syrup. Its a great boost of vitamin C but unfortunately drink until vomit and have stomach upset for the full day....bridesmaids nowadays have no mercy!!!!
    Last edited by SumoBear; 28th July 2010 at 03:31 PM.
    Flickr me!

Blog Entries

Oh yah...I have heard of such setup but unfortunately my budget does not allow me to have. So I am thinking to have a 5D MKII with 24-105 and a film SLR with 50mm F1.4. I love shooting film but do not wish to risk my friend's ROM with film.....film is rather unpredictable at times.....

Why avoid the Canon 50mm F1.4? In fact the photographers that I like use the 50mm F1.4 more than any other lenses.
    I am not sure about the Canon 50/1.4. It was mentioned at a wedding photography talk, by a very famous local wedding photographer. I did not really bother because I am on Nikon. He said either go for 1.2 or 1.8.

Actually you can rent the FF camera and the 24m lens first, for this specific wedding you are going to shoot.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 28th July 2010 at 03:32 PM.

I am not sure about the Canon 50/1.4. It was mentioned at a wedding photography talk, by a very famous local wedding photographer. I did not really bother because I am on Nikon. He said either go for 1.2 or 1.8.

Actually you can rent the FF camera and the 24m lens first, for this specific wedding you are going to shoot.
    Famous? Who is the great one?
    Flickr me!

Blog Entries

Famous? Who is the great one?
    Better don't say here.

Is there a chapter about "gate crashing"? Singapore's gate-crashing is EXTREME!!!! FEAR FACTOR CHALLENGE!!!

In a recent wedding which I have attended, my friend's wedding brother was asked to whack a bottle of 1.5 liters concentrated Ribena Syrup. Its a great boost of vitamin C but unfortunately drink until vomit and have stomach upset for the full day....bridesmaids nowadays have no mercy!!!!
    Too much hong kong show in the past say 10 to 15 years ago.......... that's the problem
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Too much hong kong show in the past say 10 to 15 years ago.......... that's the problem
    very obvious. and very sad. Will be great in 15-20 years when they tell the story of the wedding to their kids "Yes.. Dad vomited the whole day and we all had so much fun getting him tissues .."
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_shin View Post
    Don't worry. Go shoot and enjoy the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Go ahead and have fun. Shoot a couple of fun ones before the ceremony and afterwards...
    Haha. Since kena arrow and you don't have much choice, just go out and have fun! No point worrying how badly it'll turn out. Everyone was a noob once.

Alternatively you could hire a photog yourself
    Last edited by qwerty628; 28th July 2010 at 06:31 PM.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    very obvious. and very sad. Will be great in 15-20 years when they tell the story of the wedding to their kids "Yes.. Dad vomited the whole day and we all had so much fun getting him tissues .."
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Haha. Since kena arrow and you don't have much choice, just go out and have fun! No point worrying how badly it'll turn out. Everyone was a noob once.

Alternatively you could hire a photog yourself
    Yup. I will have fun shooting and enjoy the whole process and gain some experience from it. I had inform the engaging couple that im a 1st timer as the senior advice me to do so and the couple say it is alright.
    JUST KEEP SHOOTING

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234