Thread: Nepal in June. advice please

Default Nepal in June. advice please

Dear fella clubsnappers,

I heard/read abt nepal, nice place for pic, scenery/pple/trekking etc. i also noe that june is the start of the monsoon. but i do wish to go there, as my gf is a teacher, able to take leave only in june/dec etc.

is there any place/mountain range in nepal that has lower rainfall than others etc?

budget is <2K /pax inclu EVERYTHING. how many days/wat sort of itenary/package/tour agency etc is recommended?

am reading up sites such as http://www.info-nepal.com/ etc

if not nepal, where else is nice in june? wanna go maldives, but also start of monsoon, greece too but waters too cold to swim etc. been to most other places in europe etc. wish to snowboard, but poor snow in june for oz/nz etc.

advice appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    Dear fella clubsnappers,

I heard/read abt nepal, nice place for pic, scenery/pple/trekking etc. i also noe that june is the start of the monsoon. but i do wish to go there, as my gf is a teacher, able to take leave only in june/dec etc.

is there any place/mountain range in nepal that has lower rainfall than others etc?

budget is <2K /pax inclu EVERYTHING. how many days/wat sort of itenary/package/tour agency etc is recommended?

am reading up sites such as http://www.info-nepal.com/ etc

if not nepal, where else is nice in june? wanna go maldives, but also start of monsoon, greece too but waters too cold to swim etc. been to most other places in europe etc. wish to snowboard, but poor snow in june for oz/nz etc.

advice appreciated!
    Follow this thread: http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=73485
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

june is late in the season, so sure to be wet everywhere. however, the weather patterns are yet to be as predictable as singapore, so you can still try your luck in some ways.

Some regions to try can be the Annarpurna circuit, Dhaulagiri section, which is situated in the western part of nepal. they are teaming with friendly villagers but the season may not be suitable.

everest region will be pretty deserted by the time you get there, as most expeditions end by then. Go namche bazaar near lukla, and you get to see what is a town like in the high altitude regions.

but honestly speaking, june would be end season for nepal already. drier places would be east of nepal, and I am talking about areas like India, Sikkim, Pakistan, or even inner China region.

Do ask the local guides based in those countries and they will give you a better idea.

Good luck!