Thread: land/cityscape & Travel Lenses

Smile land/cityscape & Travel Lenses

Anyone here know the best/good lenses that use for shooting land/cityscape and travel photography? I am a canon user. Would appreciate if you can give your valuable information. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by engfk
    Anyone here know the best/good lenses that use for shooting land/cityscape and travel photography? I am a canon user. Would appreciate if you can give your valuable information. Thanks.
    depends what type of camera u using... if film slr probably a 17-40mm L lens... for dslr can use sigma 12-24mm lens... one thing tho... there is no such thing as a specific type of lens for a specific shot... u can also take landscapes with telephotos... depends on teh effect u want...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

depends on what you want to shott and how much you want to carry. there're times when I just bring along a 28-200 for travel.

I play safe and use a 24-135mm.... decent wide angle and telephoto.... good compromise on either end....

28-135 IS
    28-70L
    EF28/1.8
    17-40L
    16-35/L

basically a lot of choices..any one will do

normally i bring a set of zooms for everything....24-80....80-300....and some teleconvertors....and one or two primes....adds up to four lens???

For Landscape : Canon 17-40 F/4 L
    For portrait : Canon 70-200 F/4 L
    Just bring these 2 good enough already.
    The setup quite light also...

I would bring the 2 lens that I have: 50mm for low light conditions and Tamron 24-135. I find them heavy (with my EOS 30) heavy enuf...

I carry a sigma 15-30 for landscape and indoors; a 28-105 nikkor to cover portrait and macro.