Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 24-70 F.28l Usm.$115.99

  1. #1

    Default 24-70 F.28l Usm.$115.99

    Imagine u could grab this glass for sooo cheap. Spotted this on an ad in Artie's latest bulletin 136.

    Go grab one.

    <Added> So I supposed you r still scratching ur head who I was referring to. Artie's full name is Arthur Morris. He publishes a bulletin every now and then to briefly summarise his latest work and sometimes even review on his photography trips. You could retrieve his past publications from his web site under archives section, and that's where you will spot this L glass for a low low price.
    Last edited by Jeff; 6th May 2004 at 07:33 PM.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    新加坡
    Posts
    1,811

    Default

    ?
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

  4. #4

    Default

    Here ? http://www.birdsasart.com/bn136.htm
    Cant see any L Lens sale.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    Here ? http://www.birdsasart.com/bn136.htm
    Cant see any L Lens sale.
    The ad is run in the email bulletin #136, apparently.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    The ad is run in the email bulletin #136, apparently.
    Sorry to OT....but those are absolutely AWESOME pics. Especially the terns in flight. Wow. 400mm f5.6L and 600 f4L IS + 1D Mk II....what a combo. Easy to see why he is one of the best bird photographers around.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,678

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Sorry to OT....but those are absolutely AWESOME pics. Especially the terns in flight. Wow. 400mm f5.6L and 600 f4L IS + 1D Mk II....what a combo. Easy to see why he is one of the best bird photographers around.
    Well...since you aspire to be the Artie of Singapore, then MAI TU LIAO !!

    Go get the same setup and make us drool here !!

    http://www.avianwatchasia.org for some real bird photos
    My website : http://www.gorgeousfeathers.com

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Those are pretty awesome pics, but I don't understand this one. The remarks read...

    "Canon EOS 1D Mark II*digital camera with Canon EF 600mm*f/4 L IS lens and 2X II TC.**

    ISO 250.*Evaluative metering +1 stop: 1/250 sec. at f/10 in Program Mode (recommended*for use with fill flash).**

    Fill flash at -1 stop with Better Beamer. AI Servo AF with central sensor.**"

    The shot shows a closeup to the head. My question is, with a focal length of 1560mm, what is the point of using a fill flash??? Anyone care to englighten me? (no pun intended)

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    The shot shows a closeup to the head. My question is, with a focal length of 1560mm, what is the point of using a fill flash??? Anyone care to englighten me? (no pun intended)
    Just guessing here: for the little catchlight in the eyes?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Think I answered my own question. Just found this shot of the setup I mentioned. I believe that funny hood on the flash is an extender. (my knowledge on flash photography sucks).

    http://danks.netfirms.com/EF600.htm

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •