Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Need Help on Website Designing

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default Need Help on Website Designing

    hi CSers,

    seen some of u with very nice websites. can i request some info on where can i learn such stuff, or u can share how did u pick up ur skills? if possible, provide a link to ur website can?

    pls feel free to leave some advices, like what books toi read for self teaching, where to go for courses? or lagi best, if u wanna conduct such a course?

  2. #2

    Default

    there are lots of resources on the Internet. go to any search engine and search for "web design".

  3. #3

    Default

    wainism in SCE rite...wait for next sem when CEC conducts dreamweaver course lor... hee.. they have it every yr.. dunno whether they gg to have it next sem. hmm.....

    if not, just pick up from books lor... quite easy one.. i think.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi CSers,

    seen some of u with very nice websites. can i request some info on where can i learn such stuff, or u can share how did u pick up ur skills? if possible, provide a link to ur website can?

    pls feel free to leave some advices, like what books toi read for self teaching, where to go for courses? or lagi best, if u wanna conduct such a course?
    I use basic html coding (very simple to understand one lah!) plus a few javascripts I copied for other sites that I like... all put together on the simple notepad. That way, I have full control over what is on the site, without all the extra rubbish that web editing softwares add on.

    Have a look at this web authoring site for starters...

  5. #5

    Default

    Try to waste your time here: www.kirupa.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juzthin
    wainism in SCE rite...wait for next sem when CEC conducts dreamweaver course lor... hee.. they have it every yr.. dunno whether they gg to have it next sem. hmm.....

    if not, just pick up from books lor... quite easy one.. i think.
    CEC courses reliable not?! last sem i went for this CEC(i think) course for building a computer, quite crap leh

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi CSers,

    seen some of u with very nice websites. can i request some info on where can i learn such stuff, or u can share how did u pick up ur skills? if possible, provide a link to ur website can?

    pls feel free to leave some advices, like what books toi read for self teaching, where to go for courses? or lagi best, if u wanna conduct such a course?

    No need course lah, for basic web page you can just get a html book and learn from it. Need just a pc/laptop with notepad and a web browser. (if u need to buy one, sms me and i'll sell mine (just brought a few days back, done my webpage liao) to you at $30. The title is "The complete reference, HTML & XHTML, Fourth Edition" sms me at 91192975 if u really want it.

    If you want something fancy, try php (free), javascript (free) and if you need to create database with your webpage, try mysql (free too). You need to activate your iis or your web server from your windows.

  8. #8

    Default

    Try using macromedia dreamweaver MX.
    Visit national lib, plenty of books off the shelves or use http://www.elibraryhub.com/ has a fancy search engine.
    - Jym -
    Creator of SMSPerks.com

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    i m totally totally new to this web design thing. really need some ideas on how to start from scrtach. what progs i need, where to learn these scripts and stuff..
    pls somebody help me!!!!!!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    CEC courses reliable not?! last sem i went for this CEC(i think) course for building a computer, quite crap leh
    er... CEC nvr conduct computer assembly course leh... Think you got it mixed up with computer society lah... haha...

    Dreamweaver teaches u how to use DW MX, for more advance stuff like web programming, try taking up the ASP course lor...

    tip: u'll need ASP in year sc304

    In any way, u can pick up quite easily one... try www.w3schools.com for the easy stuff.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juzthin
    er... CEC nvr conduct computer assembly course leh... Think you got it mixed up with computer society lah... haha...

    Dreamweaver teaches u how to use DW MX, for more advance stuff like web programming, try taking up the ASP course lor...

    tip: u'll need ASP in year sc304

    In any way, u can pick up quite easily one... try www.w3schools.com for the easy stuff.
    oops.. must have been mixed up!!! was conducted by some indian students. they know their stuff lah, but their instructions quite lousy lah. anyway, will join next yr if theres such courses. any way to learn of these courses? anyway,u shd be from sce? do we learn web design and stuff in our syllabus?

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    oops.. must have been mixed up!!! was conducted by some indian students. they know their stuff lah, but their instructions quite lousy lah. anyway, will join next yr if theres such courses. any way to learn of these courses? anyway,u shd be from sce? do we learn web design and stuff in our syllabus?
    indian students? confirm lah.. must be comp society....haha... they all also from SCE one.. haha...

    and hor..ya, i from sce.. still here.. haiz....

    web design and stuff? sorry lah... wrong course liao... but can pick up sideline one... that's why CEC conduct these courses mah... not in syallbus but students want to know... haha... hmm... sound like i promoting CEC a lot hor...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juzthin
    indian students? confirm lah.. must be comp society....haha... they all also from SCE one.. haha...

    and hor..ya, i from sce.. still here.. haiz....

    web design and stuff? sorry lah... wrong course liao... but can pick up sideline one... that's why CEC conduct these courses mah... not in syallbus but students want to know... haha... hmm... sound like i promoting CEC a lot hor...

    hmmz.... and i wonder why......

    kekekekeke....

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Maybe you state what you want to get from the website and we can see what kinda stuff you should consider.

    Eg, do you just want to display information? - html should do

    or you want interactive web page (which keeps or does not keep data)? - i like to use php. This site is created with php, can also consider asp, perl, etc, but generally need you to learn programming.

    or you want very graphics intensive one that will need you to learn some graphic intensive web designing program ....

    My experience, html is very easy to learn. With a good book as reference, you should be able to come out with something nice easily. If you cannot go pass html, forget about the scripting part. However, i think there are tools to help you create webpage without writing your own html.

    Depends on what u want lah.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    all around the world
    Posts
    507

    Default

    i think one of the better sites is:

    www.w3schools.com

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    erm.. basically want to do a interactive website. maybe some forums, with those fancy flash stuff, moving animations. thinking along the lines of a website for my hall. where people can post coments, do polls etc etc. but must look good lah, so shd be graphics intensive. html pretty plain leh..

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    erm.. basically want to do a interactive website. maybe some forums, with those fancy flash stuff, moving animations. thinking along the lines of a website for my hall. where people can post coments, do polls etc etc. but must look good lah, so shd be graphics intensive. html pretty plain leh..
    if u want to do that u have to go for ASP or PHP coding i think... harder to learn but should give u the same results as CS here... good luck!
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    all around the world
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    erm.. basically want to do a interactive website. maybe some forums, with those fancy flash stuff, moving animations. thinking along the lines of a website for my hall. where people can post coments, do polls etc etc. but must look good lah, so shd be graphics intensive. html pretty plain leh..
    one step at a time.
    If you wish to achieve the things you have mentioned within a short time, then I advise you to get someone to do it for you.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    yeah i know.. what i m talking abt is the (hopefully) end result! erm.. currently reading html.. hopefully i can set up a website someday

  20. #20

    Default

    Creating a website is easy.

    Code:
    <HTML>
    <HEAD><TITLE>Hello, World!</TITLE></HEAD>
    <BODY>This is my very first web page. <A HREF="http://www.clubsnap.org">This</A> is my favourite website.</BODY>
    </HTML>
    Creating a good and aesthically-pleasing website requires a bit of skill. It goes beyond the HTML and whatever coding and touches into usability and design.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •