Thread: A wide angle shot

Default A wide angle shot

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    The colours and the composition of the photo. (specifically the warm colours)

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    As this guy was kinda like hopping off, I wanted to include the lights in the background and the empty space, to let the viewer feel that he was really hopping off.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Really warm and quite poor lightings. and it was quite a lucky shot as I guess, it only took him a second or so to hop off.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    I feel that the colours are abit warm and some details are lost due to noise reduction.

Thanks!

Last edited by HelloNiHao; 25th July 2010 at 10:54 AM.

Default Re: A wide angle shot

This photo could be one of those hanging on the wall of an art gallery. i don't see any imperfections, though some may want to use a bubble/protractor to measure the horizon. The picture as a whole is perfect in the composition, lightings and mood.
    Last edited by Eworms; 25th July 2010 at 09:53 AM.

The composition looks nice except the nois and the unnecessary lights on the top... else everything else was in the mood... :-)
    Picture tells a thousand words...

Quote Originally Posted by Cluelezzz View Post
    The composition looks nice except the nois and the unnecessary lights on the top... else everything else was in the mood... :-)
    The stage light is really not necessary. The image is tilted to the left. The noise is quite distracting. Other than that, it's a good attempt.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Quote Originally Posted by Eworms View Post
    This photo could be one of those hanging on the wall of an art gallery. i don't see any imperfections, though some may want to use a bubble/protractor to measure the horizon. The picture as a whole is perfect in the composition, lightings and mood.
    Erm, okay.. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cluelezzz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    The stage light is really not necessary. The image is tilted to the left. The noise is quite distracting. Other than that, it's a good attempt.
    Actually, regarding the lights, i thought it would be nice to include them shining down from above. and, i made the object tilted to the left to show that he was ready for "taking off" and not staying there, as a stationary subject.

The thing about wide angle, is that it is more effective close up. If you were closer (although i know it's physically not possible during a performance) to be nearer to the subject, then it's going to pop-out more. I see potential in this capture!

Like Johnathan Ang said, wide angle lens is more effective close up as it thrust the viewer right into the picture but you will have to contend with the distortions. Unfortunately, I do not see how the stage lights above and the tilt will tell the viewer that the performer is about to hop off. If the performer had hopped off, adding the tilt may further emphasize the motion. But with such low lighting conditions, it may be hard to catch such an action.