Thread: Wireless Flash Trigger

Default Wireless Flash Trigger

Hi,

I am using a 550D and recently got a 430EX2. Wanted to do off camera flash. What do i need and what option do i have?

Read some trigger are just trigger, some can have E-TTL and etc... I am getting confused.

Does it means for the trigger, i set all the programme from the flash. And E-TTL i can use do it automatically and my camera and the flash can sync to each other?

Anyone can help me up?

Default Re: Wireless Flash Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunnyBaby View Post
    Hi,

I am using a 550D and recently got a 430EX2. Wanted to do off camera flash. What do i need and what option do i have?

Read some trigger are just trigger, some can have E-TTL and etc... I am getting confused.

Does it means for the trigger, i set all the programme from the flash. And E-TTL i can use do it automatically and my camera and the flash can sync to each other?

Anyone can help me up?
    You can fire your flash (manual mode) via wireless remote flash trigger or fire via a wireless TTL flash trigger.

If you are looking for TTL wireless remote flash trigger, check out here & for manual settings on flash, check out here
    Take the shot!

So in another word, the expensive one can use TLL and will save lots of money just by setting manually?

So most people use which type?

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunnyBaby View Post
    So in another word, the expensive one can use TLL and will save lots of money just by setting manually?

So most people use which type?
    The TTL flash trigger works like your flash on your cam's hotshoe when you shoot in TTL mode.
    The other trigger does not have TTL mode & you have to adjust the power output of the flash manually. This is just a flash trigger.
    It depends on the photographer & their work. I don't know which they use.
    Last edited by madmartian; 24th July 2010 at 09:53 PM.
    Take the shot!

most ppl when shooting off camera, use manual...cos you can get more consistent results and you get to adjust what effects you want...

hi, for the non-TTL wireless trigger another thing to take note is the limitation on high speed sync. technical specs says that it can sync to a max speed of 1/250 but from personal experience the max i can sync is 1/160 before the curtain starts to show in your picture, at least on my phottix tetra.