Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: beer drinkers

  1. #41

    Default

    I never thought beer ever "tasted" good. Back in the school days when everyone thought drinking beer is "cool and manly", a lot of people wanted to try it. When I had my first sip of beer, I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with these people? Masochist or what?!?!".

    Pardon me but till this day, I'm still very puzzled when someone tells me this and that lager/draft/pilsner/etc beer taste good. I'm sure it's great for special occasion when everyone's on cloud nine and everyone thinks that their liver is a V12 engine.

    Just some food for thoughts.

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaeSiuM
    I never thought beer ever "tasted" good. Back in the school days when everyone thought drinking beer is "cool and manly", a lot of people wanted to try it. When I had my first sip of beer, I was thinking to myself, "What the hell is wrong with these people? Masochist or what?!?!".

    Pardon me but till this day, I'm still very puzzled when someone tells me this and that lager/draft/pilsner/etc beer taste good. I'm sure it's great for special occasion when everyone's on cloud nine and everyone thinks that their liver is a V12 engine.

    Just some food for thoughts.

    I guess to each his own.... I mean i look at people drinking Grappa or Sambuca and I think they are crazy. As for the liver part..... everything in moderation won't do you harm (IMHO)

  3. #43

    Default

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a health-freak or something along the lines of that.

    Fruit beers(Bacardi Breezer ) and white wines are my choice. Like many others, I used to pretend that "beer" actually taste great to me. I'm sure some people here REALLY like the taste of beer but I'm also very sure a lot of people out there are just following the crowd.

    Moderate alcoholic consumption during those special occasions or chilling out with friends is still great nonetheless.

  4. #44

    Default

    What's wrong with Grappa? Although i've only tried it once, it was quite a pleasant experience.

    Anyway, back to the topic at hand. To me beer is an acquired taste. I used to hate beer when i was young(er) but i slowly grew to accept it once i got older. If you ask me, stout is an even more amplified example of the above. Some people would rather down a pot of chinese medicine then drink stout... To each his own i guess.

  5. #45
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default

    Sapparo and SingHa
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sinagpore
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Hey, Carrefour selling XXXX beer for ...... $1.20 per can......go get it guys! (and let us know is it nice :-))

    http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/xxxx/xxxx.htm
    Last edited by DennisLee; 24th May 2004 at 01:21 PM.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaeSiuM
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not a health-freak or something along the lines of that.

    Fruit beers(Bacardi Breezer ) and white wines are my choice. Like many others, I used to pretend that "beer" actually taste great to me. I'm sure some people here REALLY like the taste of beer but I'm also very sure a lot of people out there are just following the crowd.

    Moderate alcoholic consumption during those special occasions or chilling out with friends is still great nonetheless.


    The beer must be drank chilled or else it will not taste good, it cannot be diluted by ice like some people does at coffee shop. It mustn't be sipped. You gulped down mouthful by mouthful.

    Its not the initial taste, its the after taste that's nice, it lingers on in your mouth......Ahhhh...

    Just like chinese/green tea. Its an acquired taste.

    Anyway I don't have any preference. Beer, stout, Cognac, Whisky, Burbon, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Wine and yes Sambuca...can light cigarettes for smokers...provided they are fast enough. I drink all hard liquor/spirits neat or "on the rocks".

  8. #48
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    1,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aton
    The beer must be drank chilled or else it will not taste good, it cannot be diluted by ice like some people does at coffee shop. It mustn't be sipped. You gulped down mouthful by mouthful.

    Its not the initial taste, its the after taste that's nice, it lingers on in your mouth......Ahhhh...

    Just like chinese/green tea. Its an acquired taste.

    Anyway I don't have any preference. Beer, stout, Cognac, Whisky, Burbon, Vodka, Gin, Tequila, Wine and yes Sambuca...can light cigarettes for smokers...provided they are fast enough. I drink all hard liquor/spirits neat or "on the rocks".
    hehe drank chilled? Hope you can tell it to them brits over here who are guzzling warm beer by the barrelful in the pubs.

    yup, agree that its the after taste. I initially found beer bitter, but after a while, found myself liking it.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bedok South
    Posts
    89

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    hehe drank chilled? Hope you can tell it to them brits over here who are guzzling warm beer by the barrelful in the pubs.

    yup, agree that its the after taste. I initially found beer bitter, but after a while, found myself liking it.
    For Stout, I can drink "warm".......not beer though...again...its an acquired taste.

  10. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennisLee
    Hey, Carrefour selling XXXX beer for ...... $1.20 per can......go get it guys! (and let us know is it nice :-))

    http://www.australianbeers.com/beers/xxxx/xxxx.htm
    XXXX is not too bad actually........ However at $1.20 a can, it will be heavenly!!! Trust me!!

  11. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NitroTech
    I am beginning to love it too!!! Cos at Balaclava after 9pm- "sad hour" (meaning after happy hour) it's still 1 for 1 (all night long actually) so i have taken to it!!
    what is the attraction of Balaclava, besides the beers?

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    what is the attraction of Balaclava, besides the beers?
    The band is not too bad. There are 2 bands actually, one with a male lead and the other with a female lead. IMO, the one with the male lead is better (they play on thursdays at Bala and Fridays at Wala Wala).

    The interior is also quite cosy (if you do get a sofa seat that is) but it gets very packed so usually after 7pm(on fridays) you will have to stand. Yeah thats about it..... anyway i'm there only for the cheap beers.

  13. #53

    Default

    what kind of music do they play? Crowd? youngish or working adult?

  14. #54

    Default

    How many jugs can you guys take so you still can focus manual?

  15. #55

    Default

    never tried to hold a camera after a jug! sorry!

  16. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In Paradise
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    what kind of music do they play? Crowd? youngish or working adult?
    Mostly working adults. The matured crowd.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •