Thread: Who owns a Pentax Mount Sigma 50mm F1.4 here?

Default Who owns a Pentax Mount Sigma 50mm F1.4 here?

As above. Keen to try out this lens as compared to the FA50mm/1.4.
    Black A6000, Tamron 18-200 Di III VC, SELP1650, SEL50F18, SEL30F18, SEL16F28

Default Re: Who owns a Pentax Mount Sigma 50mm F1.4 here?

Its definitely better than the FA50 but provided u get a good copy with no FF/BF....
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Yes. I can ald see a big difference between my Sigma 30mm 1.4 as compared to the FA50mm 1.4. Searched the BNS section but cannot find any for Pentax mount yet. Plenty for Nikon, Canon and Olympus though... so sad.

I know they got diff batch. The newer batch I heard is much sharper wide open and no problem with the BF/FF.

The sad part is, I heard Pentax mount no have yet here. AFAIK lah.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Have. $815 at SLRR.

2 ways to get this lens

1) u can buy local at 800+, if FF/BF too serious even AF fine tune cannot solve, free calibration at service center

2) get from HK, plenty of online options, much much cheaper, but u run the risk of BF/FF, again if AF fine tune cannot solve, calibration will cost $80... but even include the calibration cost still much cheaper than local price... and the shipping only takes 1 working day... got ppl even mentioned order in the morning, tomorrow afternoon the lens arrived liao...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

I had my brother test a copy in HK (Tin Chueng). It was OOF.
    I know of another friend who uses Nikon, and he reported BF/FF issues as well here in this forum. Plus my own case with the 10-20, it makes for too many cases to take the risk buying online.

Unless you take solution #2 as proposed by flowerpot, which is viable. Of course you'd have to spend time/leave to go down to the service center.

BTW, you can consider alternatives given the local price. Some are MF but consider what you are getting for the price (some are in fact cheaper)
    FA43/1.9ltd
    DA55/1.4
    K50/1.2
    A50/1.2
    Voigtlander 58/1.4
    Last edited by pinholecam; 23rd July 2010 at 05:32 PM.

I am considering the Sigma 50mm F1.4 coz I am totally impressed by the Sigma 30mm F1.4 which I bought from a few weeks ago. The one that I got is spot on in focusing even when in AFC mode. The focusing is really fast and precise even when the object is moving and this is at F1.4.

DA55/1.4: I thot this lens cost more than $1K?

BTW, uncle Tin Cheung no stock for the 50mm 1.4. If have, price will come close to $680 including shipping + GST so not much cheaper when you have to factor in the chance of blowing another $80 for calibration. Might as well get in Singapore.

Anyway, just saw my colleague flashing her Ipad in front of the office, might just save the $$$ and get a iPad instead! Haha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by normanho23 View Post
    I am considering the Sigma 50mm F1.4 coz I am totally impressed by the Sigma 30mm F1.4 which I bought from a few weeks ago. The one that I got is spot on in focusing even when in AFC mode. The focusing is really fast and precise even when the object is moving and this is at F1.4.

BTW, uncle Tin Cheung no stock for the 50mm 1.4. If have, price will come close to $680 including shipping + GST so not much cheaper when you have to factor in the chance of blowing another $80 for calibration. Might as well get in Singapore.

Anyway, just saw my colleague flashing her Ipad in front of the office, might just save the $$$ and get a iPad instead! Haha!!!
    u sure 680 ?? like i say there are plently options and at cheaper price(at least 50 cheaper), and no gst, even from tin cheung...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

If someone can pay $800+, he/she can try to pull the resources for $1K
    Just another lens to keep in mind.

maybe you got a good price. I was quoted $700+ (~$750) IIRC.

ok. What is the best price for the Sigma 50mm F1.4 Singapore local set and where to buy from? Can PM me if not convenient to reveal in the forum.... hehe...

750 was some time back... think price went up liao...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

But the sigma 50mm f1.4 is huge !

and whats wrong with the FA50mm f1.4 ? soft wide open ? Have you tried using a hood ?
    Buy Film Not Megapixels

hey norman

bought this lens late last year from adorama as, at the time, i could not find any local retailers able to bring it in, even if i 'special ordered' it

if you want to try it out before buying it, PM me and we can arrange a meet

as the above poster mentioned - it *is* a big lens. not so much huge as 'fat'

Quote Originally Posted by monkeygod View Post
    hey norman

bought this lens late last year from adorama as, at the time, i could not find any local retailers able to bring it in, even if i 'special ordered' it

if you want to try it out before buying it, PM me and we can arrange a meet

as the above poster mentioned - it *is* a big lens. not so much huge as 'fat'
    I guess the size is comparable to my Sigma 30mm 1.4.

Anyway, pls check your PM. Some private matters to check with you. Thanks.

Norman

I guess the size is comparable to my Sigma 30mm 1.4.
    It's much thicker & fatter than Sigma 30mm f1.4.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I had my brother test a copy in HK (Tin Chueng). It was OOF.
    I know of another friend who uses Nikon, and he reported BF/FF issues as well here in this forum. Plus my own case with the 10-20, it makes for too many cases to take the risk buying online.

Unless you take solution #2 as proposed by flowerpot, which is viable. Of course you'd have to spend time/leave to go down to the service center.

BTW, you can consider alternatives given the local price. Some are MF but consider what you are getting for the price (some are in fact cheaper)
    FA43/1.9ltd
    DA55/1.4
    K50/1.2
    A50/1.2
    Voigtlander 58/1.4

DA*55/1.4
    Voigtlander 58/1.4