Thread: Set building for photography.

Default Set building for photography.

I kind of get the impression this type of photography is quite popular overseas. But not much mentioned in the local scene.

I do mean, building a scene with props/background to imitate an actual scene and maybe do some portraits or fashion shoot in it.

Also i dont see much fashion stylist forums in singapore. Seems like this 2 sector which could help photography in the local scene is pretty much missing or high cost.
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh

Default Re: Set building for photography.

Quote Originally Posted by blurry80 View Post
    I kind of get the impression this type of photography is quite popular overseas. But not much mentioned in the local scene.

I do mean, building a scene with props/background to imitate an actual scene and maybe do some portraits or fashion shoot in it.

Also i dont see much fashion stylist forums in singapore. Seems like this 2 sector which could help photography in the local scene is pretty much missing or high cost.
    To use the building for shoots, you need "approval" from the building's security/management.
    A trouble affair, maybe that's why there's lack of such shoots.

Ya thats the problem. thats why we need to build sets.
    5DMk2,400D,EOS3 50mm F1.4,28-75 F2.8,GRDIII 28mm F1.9
    www.flickr.com/jenson_goh

i've assisted in some of these shoots before. building offices, retail stores, etc.... it is done here but from my experience in production houses or studios that do build sets. a lot of it is angles.
    --- the only constant is evolution and change ---
    --- the only solution is adaptation ---