Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: crop factor of canon

Default Re: crop factor of canon

If im reading this correctly, if the vf has 95% reduction, the actual image on cropped bodies may reveal that 5% more that is not seen thru the vf?

Quote Originally Posted by azurebluee View Post
    If im reading this correctly, if the vf has 95% reduction, the actual image on cropped bodies may reveal that 5% more that is not seen thru the vf?
    Spot on. Take a picture with some distinctive objects just at the border and check the captured image on display. You'll see the difference.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Spot on. Take a picture with some distinctive objects just at the border and check the captured image on display. You'll see the difference.
    haaa..no wonder when i try to frame my subjects the 'extras' always appears in my pictures and I gotta crop it. Its the same even when I use live view. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by azurebluee View Post
    haaa..no wonder when i try to frame my subjects the 'extras' always appears in my pictures and I gotta crop it. Its the same even when I use live view. Thanks!
    Are you sure? Do you understand what is happening? Your viewfinder shows about 95% of what your sensor captures...so there will be your "extras"....when you use live view...you are seeing what the sensor sees...why will there be extras?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by takafan View Post
    I think Canon 7D is the only APS-C camera with 100% viewfinder. Correct me if im wrong.
    So is the D300s. 100%.

I thought Canon Live view is 100%. Unless you are using a Sony A380 then is 95%
    Canon 40D: EF 24-105 L f/4 IS: Speedlite 580 EX II

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12