Thread: X's-Drive Pro VP300

Default X's-Drive Pro VP300

This thing is a
    Harddisk
    MP3 player
    Card Reader (support CompactFlash Type I/II, MicroDrive, SmartMedia, SD/MMC, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Picture Card)

INFO HERE

Used to bring notebook to tour when i have my digital camera with me to download pciture took on that day. With this gadget, no need to bring notebook anymore
    Anyone knows or has use this product or something similar, please comment.

Exact same scenario. Didn't want to bring notebook when travelling. So bought this toy with 20GB HDD.

Went on 5 days tour with two 1 GB CF card. Shot many photos... total more than 10GB !! No problem and no regrets.

The advantage of having a laptop is that u can edit and view the shots in full size.... on this X-Drive, u can't view your shot anyway..... I prefer a laptiop... those B4 ultra portables will do nicely....

The advantage of a x-drive (over a notebook)
    1) weight lighter than a notebook
    2) more portable than a notebook
    3) cost less than a notebook

The advantage of a notebook (over the x-drive)
    1) can view images
    2) can edit (retitle and touchup)

The Nixvu Vista
    With this, can not only review images stored, we are allows to view, organize and print your images any time any place, without the need for a PC.

The Nixvue Vista is the most advanced visual digital album around featuring a powerful OS with full file management capabilities and being the only one of its kind that can display almost all types of digital camera file formats. In addition to JPEG file format, it also display RAW files formats from Nikon and Canon cameras as well as TIFF files from 6 MegaPixel cameras, up to a maximum file size of 18MB. Upgradable software/fireware ensures continual support for future cameras and new image file formats.

Last edited by light; 6th May 2004 at 11:27 PM.

I would like a device like a PDA with a screen of that size to view my pics.... that small screen is about the same size and res of the camera's LCD, I might as well look at it on the LCD.... perhaps even larger than a PDA, but definitely much lighter than a ultra portable notebook.... a 8-10" screen would be good and having the device about slightly thicker than a 2.5" HDD with multi card reader and firewire/USB2.0/bluetooth/IR/WiFi/GigabitLAN/stylus/touchscreen.... WOW!!