Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

  1. #1
    Deregistered eejal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    End of the Line
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Is there such a law where the tatoo shops cannot tatoo those under 18?

    I find that students sporting tatoos to school isn't the right thing.
    I'm not against any person having tatoos...

    Discuss?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    if its govt school lets say not poly or tertiary, won't the students be expelled if they have tattoos?

    i think below 18 if want to get tattoed must bring parent consent form to the artist.

  3. #3
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    my cousin had identical twins...... they had both tattoed at their heel/ankle area (tiny tiny dot marks) at 6mths old
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  4. #4

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    Is there such a law where the tatoo shops cannot tatoo those under 18?

    I find that students sporting tatoos to school isn't the right thing.
    I'm not against any person having tatoos...

    Discuss?
    long hair is not against the law. can you keep long hair at school?
    Objection !!!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    long hair is not against the law. can you keep long hair at school?
    can if you join chinese dance

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post
    Is there such a law where the tatoo shops cannot tatoo those under 18?

    I find that students sporting tatoos to school isn't the right thing.
    I'm not against any person having tatoos...

    Discuss?
    Can tatoo lah.

    As long as on where you can't show people.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    U can tattoo at any age.

    Remember during my sec school days, there's this guy kana expel because of his full back tattoo..

    But for poly, tertiary, private school, they dun mind. Even my LAW teacher got tattoo.. hahaha.

    TS, why suddenly want to discuss about tattoo?
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  8. #8
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    In S'pore, is 18 yrs old..

  9. #9
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,931
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    In S'pore, is 18 yrs old..
    please quote from where ?
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  10. #10

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    There is no law governing minimum age for tattoo in SG. Saw this on Channel News Asia.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    UK law = 18 years old

    Singapore law = no minimum age.

  12. #12
    Deregistered eejal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    End of the Line
    Posts
    1,215

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    long hair is not against the law. can you keep long hair at school?



    Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    U can tattoo at any age.

    Remember during my sec school days, there's this guy kana expel because of his full back tattoo..

    But for poly, tertiary, private school, they dun mind. Even my LAW teacher got tattoo.. hahaha.

    TS, why suddenly want to discuss about tattoo?
    cuz i have been seeing a lot of tertiary students sporting a arm's length tatoos to school.. well..its up the sch to decide since there's no such law preventing under 18 from being tatoo-ed.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    I did my tattoo way back when I was a kid, full back, 18 then, still in poly

    I'm fine with tattoos, even if my child in future wants to do it but I'll just advice against doing on the arms really. Back, legs are fine at least they cant be seen when you are at work in future.

    After all we are still an asian society that has mixed feeling about tattoos, dunno what your boss will think lor..

    I work in an english company, my boss is fine with it, in fact, he loves it!
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 22nd July 2010 at 06:18 PM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by eejal View Post

    cuz i have been seeing a lot of tertiary students sporting a arm's length tatoos to school.. well..its up the sch to decide since there's no such law preventing under 18 from being tatoo-ed.
    Singapore government not so strict about tattoo-ing, even if they are strict, do u think Teens care? One good example here, Government banned under 18 to smoke but I still see sec student smokinG and some even beg me to buy behalf of them.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  15. #15
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    Singapore government not so strict about tattoo-ing, even if they are strict, do u think Teens care? One good example here, Government banned under 18 to smoke but I still see sec student smokinG and some even beg me to buy behalf of them.
    and i support this. i seen a few also.

    tattoo jsut do and dun get caught. easy as that

  16. #16

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    I did my tattoo way back when I was a kid, full back, 18 then, still in poly

    I'm fine with tattoos, even if my child in future wants to do it but I'll just advice against doing on the arms really. Back, legs are fine at least they cant be seen when you are at work in future.

    After all we are still an asian society that has mixed feeling about tattoos, dunno what your boss will think lor..

    I work in an english company, my boss is fine with it, in fact, he loves it!
    I agree with what u say cheese.

    Imgaine u r working with a old traditional Chinese boss? Lol. They got this very funny thinking "got ang kong is pai kia" lol.

    I got a very traditional Chinese boss. Hehe.

    Nowadays this type of art very common le. Full hand, full leg, even saw pple shave botak just to tattoo on their head. Ouch*
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    and i support this. i seen a few also.

    tattoo jsut do and dun get caught. easy as that
    Same goes for smoking.

    Just smoke and dun get caught. LOL.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

  18. #18
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    Same goes for smoking.

    Just smoke and dun get caught. LOL.
    this is singapore. fine country. just do and dun get caught

  19. #19
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Go geylang tattoo on backside...sure can!
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Minimum Age to have Tatoos?

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    this is singapore. fine country. just do and dun get caught
    Haha. That reminds me of my army days. Just do whatever u want but dun get caught.

    Rmb when I was in 3rd guards, there's this fake excerise and fall in everyone. Tattoo aside, no tattoo aside. Then the guys with tattoo all kana tekan. Lol. Can't rmb what the excerise called.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •