Thread: recommend me a ...

Default recommend me a ...

Since my Canon Scanner Died, i'm wonderin the other day...I think I need a new scanner

ok here's what i wish to do with my scanner. Other than the normal doc scanning or image scan, me looking for one that can scan relatively good to good quality neg or pos films.

Does any one in CS have any recommendation for me? I do not care about the brand ... but the quality of scan and ease of use is more important.

anyone?

Btw, where can i check out Epson scanner's price?

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    Since my Canon Scanner Died, i'm wonderin the other day...I think I need a new scanner

ok here's what i wish to do with my scanner. Other than the normal doc scanning or image scan, me looking for one that can scan relatively good to good quality neg or pos films.

Does any one in CS have any recommendation for me? I do not care about the brand ... but the quality of scan and ease of use is more important.

anyone?

Btw, where can i check out Epson scanner's price?
    Easy, go to Funan Cetre when not busy and can go spend a day there... its better for u urself cuz u'll be the one using it...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Me too! I am looking for a scanner to scan my neg too. What is a price of a decent one?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Me too! I am looking for a scanner to scan my neg too. What is a price of a decent one?
    The last time i saw a cheap and decent scanner was the HP 3500... one version can scan neg. too... its old but its good...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Easy, go to Funan Cetre when not busy and can go spend a day there... its better for u urself cuz u'll be the one using it...
    yeah..that was what i had i mind already...

my only concern here is its ability to scan nicely...i ever experience something like 3/4 of slide sharp and the rest blur (like motion blur) but don't know what scanner my friend used.

So XXXBoy, if you got any thing PM me and i'd do likewise too...I dearly need a neg or slide scanner. I've even thought of those decicated neg/slide scanner...reviews from mags are helpful, but in the end...don't know what I want thus don't know which to buy! Crazy!

I've heard that the Minolta line of film scanners are quite good value for money. For flatbeds, think that's a new Epson 4870 which is supposed to be very good and you might want to check that out too...