Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any device to ease the process of changing batteries?

Default Any device to ease the process of changing batteries?

Hi guys,

I always have the problem of loading fresh batteries into my flash in time of emergency. So just wondering if there's any holder that can hold four AA batteries so that I can slot all 4 into the battery compartment at one go?

Hope u all know what i m talking about

Quote Originally Posted by horizoner
    Hi guys,

I always have the problem of loading fresh batteries into my flash in time of emergency. So just wondering if there's any holder that can hold four AA batteries so that I can slot all 4 into the battery compartment at one go?

Hope u all know what i m talking about
    Think that kind of invention is only for loading bullets into pistols....

Why not just superglue the 4 batteries together? Then again, you won't be able to charge them after that. And providing for such attachments can increase the size and cost of the flash.

Regards
    CK

hmmm... why not use a rubber band to hold the 4 batteries together in the proper configuration. that way when you take your "battery pack" out for loading, you won't have to worry about which way the + and - ends point.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    hmmm... why not use a rubber band to hold the 4 batteries together in the proper configuration. that way when you take your "battery pack" out for loading, you won't have to worry about which way the + and - ends point.
    That is quite an excellent idea. The thing is you probably need to add a backing to the batteries so that they don't end up in top of one another. Then as you insert the batteries, you can remove the backing.

good idea... i'm doing a project so maybe i can use this as my idea... patent it and then get rich!!! $$$ hehe...
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    That is quite an excellent idea. The thing is you probably need to add a backing to the batteries so that they don't end up in top of one another. Then as you insert the batteries, you can remove the backing.
    ummm... if it's going into a flash unit, won't they have to be on top of one another. (2 up, 2 down)?
    The toys

Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    ummm... if it's going into a flash unit, won't they have to be on top of one another. (2 up, 2 down)?
    Guess it depends in the kind of flash unit that you use.

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Guess it depends in the kind of flash unit that you use.
    quite true.
    The toys

use rubber bands? then the alignment will be quite hard to achieve. Perhaps i will drop by the DIY shop to see how I can solve my problem

rubber band should be able to work if u use some force to cramp in to the squeezy batt comparment slot..some more can re-use the same rubber band

glue...takes time but no need to force as in case of rubber band.

even if a new "universal battery holder" comes out in the market...u still got to load in the battereis one by one just like a m16 magazine...

so...

i place my bet on rubberband method

i gotta give it a try tonite ... just hope it can be fast as speed is the most important factor! Concern life and death! haha ...

Before the event starts, put the batteries into the speedlight, slide them out halfway, and tape them all together with Scotchtape®. Use a marker and mark one side so you know which is the correct side and orientation. Do the same to the rest of the batteries.
    I use to bring 3 sets of batteries in my pouch.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by horizoner
    ... speed is the most important factor! ...

How long does batteries usually last in Flash units? take, the 420ex for example...?

I m not a Canon user but I guess the following will be the factors affecting the batteries performance on flash

1) mAH of battery
    2) temperature (heard that extreme low temperature will affect it greatly)
    3) flash output .. if keeps flashing at max output will of cos exhaust the batts faster

My Sb80DX with 4 AA 1800mAH can fire effectively for about 40-50 shots.

vince123123
    Guests

the rubber band idea worked for me in the past when my flash was a 2x2 battery configuration.

however seems like the newer flashes, or at least nikons use the 4x1 configuration, and i would love to hear any suggestion on how to quickload this too :P 2x2 is so much easier

thin clear tape will do, better than using rubber band

may be u can try gaffer tape also, easier to peel off, but not sure if it is too thick

Erm.... just use a battery pack loh....

I m using SB80 which takes 4 AA. However, there is a groove in between so i can't tape all 4 together. sian!! Seems to me that groove can be cut if i want to ...

here's my brainfart for 4x1 systems:

use plasticine and make a molding of the battery configuration (i.e. you are making a tooth-like mold, top & bottom). Cast the shape in resin or plastic and glue the top and bottom to those big metal binder clips. voila, AA speedloader.

-- --
    |( )|
    |( )|
    |( )|
    |( )|
    -- --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast