Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards ??

Default Re: Credit Cards ??

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    This is just a random comment from my father and why take it so seriously? Older generation pple dun have the habit to apply credit card.

What if i say pple driving opel to hao lian they driving continental cars? what will u feel too? (No Offence bro)
    hahaha cool... no la. Never take it seriously. Why you think I did? It's just a comment.

opel? hao lian? first time I heard that...
    Exploring! :)

not to impress but shoot to express

For sales positions, the banks looks at the BASIC only to determine whether you can hit the 30k based on only basic excl commission. Same goes if you wanna apply for HDB loan, they only look at basic as well. So check if ur gf's basic is at least 30k, if not, you'll need at least a yr of cpf statement. I do not work in sales and have a fixed salary, so when I applied for my first cc in my 1st 3 mths of working in the company, I got the card without much difficulty showing 3 mths of cpf contribution.

Now the banks are indeed throwing cc like candies. I've fallen prey to 3 others ever since.

But my heart pains if my mthly bills add up to total of 800 bux. Technically i'm not a hardcore user and I still swipe my NETS, even when purchasing my Kelly Moore bag 2 days ago...

Its really all about financial management. Yeaps.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

oh... speaking of credit card benefits...
    (apologies for the sidetrack)

anyone knows of any c/c that offers those free hotel F&B memberships?
    I remember the Amex one had the free Feed@Raffles card. Just wondering if anyone knows about others.

Quote Originally Posted by izerkudie View Post
    Payslips with variable component
    (Basic x 12mths) + Earned Variable Component.

If your girl is earning 2.6K per mth with a low basic, then it should be hard for her to apply as her total is not going to be past the 30K mark. Might as well wait until she has a full year before applying or the Citibank Clear Card with 500 limit (recommended)
    Last edited by TMC; 22nd July 2010 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by izerkudie View Post
    hi friends, my girl actually just started working as a sales marketing executive 3months, with basic&commission, she is earning around 2.6k per month, she is applying for credit card but does she need to submit the CPF statement of the last 12months or 6months? as she just started work @ this company for 3months

as stated,

CPF statement of the last 6 months OR Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR latest computerised payslip (1 month for salaried employees or 3 months for commission earners).
    btw when you say your girl do you mean your girlfriend or your daughter? funny that a few posts here refered to your girlfriend but I took it to mean your daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    btw when you say your girl do you mean your girlfriend or your daughter? funny that a few posts here refered to your girlfriend but I took it to mean your daughter.
    Does it matter for this case?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

My father always say credit card is "hao lian card"

I only use my card on petrol. Else NETS is my best friend!
    i still remember... back in the early 90s... when i first got my ATM (with NETS) card, i took my mother shopping and i paid using NETS (what else). then my mother commented... "wah, you got credit card ah?"
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Does it matter for this case?
    yes... if daughter... then daddy must bail her out if she over spends. if girlfriend... then tell her to suck thumb lor
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

How long you have been working does not matter at all. I got my Citibank, UOB and Standard Chartered credit card after just 1 month of work. Just submit my payslip and they gave me the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    yes... if daughter... then daddy must bail her out if she over spends. if girlfriend... then tell her to suck thumb lor
    I thought it was the other way around

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    oh... speaking of credit card benefits...
    (apologies for the sidetrack)

anyone knows of any c/c that offers those free hotel F&B memberships?
    I remember the Amex one had the free Feed@Raffles card. Just wondering if anyone knows about others.
    Yes yes. The Amex card sounds really good. My gf's father supp one for her. Got once we went to raffles hotel for dinner and it's one for one. Few months later recieved vouchers, vouchers include free buffet for 2 at raffles hotel, sissotel $90 per night, etc.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Yes yes. The Amex card sounds really good. My gf's father supp one for her. Got once we went to raffles hotel for dinner and it's one for one. Few months later recieved vouchers, vouchers include free buffet for 2 at raffles hotel, sissotel $90 per night, etc.
    wah... lucky you...

to me, I find Amex cards a bit less useful than others, especially in certain countries. Maybe because of the higher commissions they charge.
    Of course they are there to assist should the card be lost whilst overseas, etc... but touch wood so far I've been lucky.

Recently I saw OCBC had the Meritus one... but now no more..

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    How long you have been working does not matter at all. I got my Citibank, UOB and Standard Chartered credit card after just 1 month of work. Just submit my payslip and they gave me the cards.
    your pay must be damn high

your pay must be damn high
    Nah... my pay is not a lot. Seriously, why would the bank reject anyone's application? I mean thats how they make money right? They will be happier if we cannot pay our monthly bill.

so far citibank is only the bank that is giving me problems, i earn over 30k pa, but they rejected my application last year
    not to impress but shoot to express

Quote Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
    Nah... my pay is not a lot. Seriously, why would the bank reject anyone's application? I mean thats how they make money right? They will be happier if we cannot pay our monthly bill.
    afraid of bad debt...

I think Singapore's credit card debt situation is pretty scary.
    add to that all the courts credit and what have you not.... a frightening prospect for the future.

afraid of bad debt...

I think Singapore's credit card debt situation is pretty scary.
    add to that all the courts credit and what have you not.... a frightening prospect for the future.
    Singapore's situation is really that bad la. Asians still have the "spend within your means", "save for a rainy day" mentality. It's the angmo countries where people are using debt to fuel their spending.

honestly... the best is don't apply because credit cards are unnecessary evil. if you don't have discipline and self-control... you'll spend more than what you earn.
    just pay your bills on time, and have self-control.

you can benefit from credit cards, got dining discounts, etc.

nowadays... bank's give out credit card like giving out candies to kids. those who just started working might be tempted to take up all the offerings and spend like there's no tomorrow. beware... a credit card is like a double-edge sword. it helps and kills you at the same time (if you are not careful).
    i have heard that in america, college kids get credit cards with their name, pre-approved, etc, with a not-inconsiderable limit.. through the mail.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast