Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards ??

Default Credit Cards ??

hi friends, my girl actually just started working as a sales marketing executive 3months, with basic&commission, she is earning around 2.6k per month, she is applying for credit card but does she need to submit the CPF statement of the last 12months or 6months? as she just started work @ this company for 3months

as stated,

CPF statement of the last 6 months OR Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR latest computerised payslip (1 month for salaried employees or 3 months for commission earners).
    not to impress but shoot to express

Default Re: Credit Cards ??

just send in the latest payslip shld be ok bah..else give their helpdesk a call lor..

Actually, it is needed but most of the time, banks would also not want to lose a potential client so your gf can give it a shot with the latest payslip and last 2 to 3 months of CPF statement.

For her case, best time to apply is during roadshows where CC sales agents are trying to find new clients.
    Last edited by NovJoe; 21st July 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by izerkudie View Post
    hi friends, my girl actually just started working as a sales marketing executive 3months, with basic&commission, she is earning around 2.6k per month, she is applying for credit card but does she need to submit the CPF statement of the last 12months or 6months? as she just started work @ this company for 3months

as stated,

CPF statement of the last 6 months OR Income Tax Notice of Assessment OR latest computerised payslip (1 month for salaried employees or 3 months for commission earners).
    some card which has only credit limit of 500, you can try too..

Quote Originally Posted by ggodetucsamoht View Post
    some card which has only credit limit of 500, you can try too..
    500 where got enuff to bbb big lens?

Or simply go for UOB One card. Easy to maintain (Only 3 transactions of any amount per month for at least 12 months to get auto wavier) and up to 3x the salary limit.

It is an "OR". so either one of them will suffice
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

Latest pay slip will do.

Apply POSB everyday card if u drive. SPC normal day 17+% off and on wed 20+% off petrol. Im loving it!
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

letter of employment also can , with the salary indicated.
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

honestly... the best is don't apply because credit cards are unnecessary evil. if you don't have discipline and self-control... you'll spend more than what you earn.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

apply a sup card for her under your name?
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

as stated,

I think you will need 6 months. I remember applying for a UOB card and got rejected because I had only been working for a few months. Normally in the app form they will also ask how many years you have been with this company, not sure if they use that to decide whether to approve or not.

as stated,

errr.. what's wrong with debit cards for the time being?
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    apply a sup card for her under your name?
    bad idea....
    that's a long and slippery slope....

Quote Originally Posted by victorlee10 View Post
    I think you will need 6 months. I remember applying for a UOB card and got rejected because I had only been working for a few months. Normally in the app form they will also ask how many years you have been with this company, not sure if they use that to decide whether to approve or not.
    Yes, all these are part of their consideration on deciding whether the application will go through.

For TS, I believe your girl's application will be rejected, as she has just started working, although her yearly salary meets the 30k limit.

Just go for the debit card will do if her main aim is to be able to purchase stuff from overseas, etc. No need for credit cards.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

previously i applied for a few, i'm earning around 35k pa

standard chart, passed
    citibank, failed
    diners, passed
    hsbc, passed

duno why -.-
    not to impress but shoot to express

Blog Entries

I NEVER owned a credit card until I was in my 5th year of work....... being debt free for sure felt great then even if it meant being disciplined and spending within my means....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    I NEVER owned a credit card until I was in my 5th year of work....... being debt free for sure felt great then even if it meant being disciplined and spending within my means....
    Good advice Ed. Like Maggie said: Money you don't have you don't spend.

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    hehehe credit card doesn't necessarily = debt.

I've owned credit cards for about 6 or 7 years already, and never been in debt to any single one of them. Agree with you that it's all about discipline and spending within means.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    honestly... the best is don't apply because credit cards are unnecessary evil. if you don't have discipline and self-control... you'll spend more than what you earn.
    yes agree.

but it is also good to have credit cards because you can get things cheaper sometimes.
    for example, before i got my cc, my monthly membership fee at gym is $88 for one year contract.

however, when i use my cc, it's $58/month for 2yrs contract. however self control and discipline is really really important.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast