Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Son Caned - Parent Storms School threatens Principal

Default Re: Son Caned - Parent Storms School threatens Principal

Did he storm in on a rainy day?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    so if the sch did that, then i dun see why it is wrong for daddy to storm the sch. imagine that ur child got hit, without u even knowing.
    this is not operation desert storm.

what the father is teaching his kid is, get physical to solve problem as 1st option.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    Did he storm in on a rainy day?
    u watch too many friday the 13th liao lar. hahaha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    this is not operation desert storm.

what the father is teaching his kid is, get physical to solve problem as 1st option.
    not easy for daddy to control temper if kid got trashed in sch for no reason.

what will u do if ur kid got caned without u even knowing? can u firmly say u wont be pissed?

i'm merely raising a possible senario of what could had happened. remember, article itself was vague. why werent there arrests? why was there no mention if sch had contacted and got parents approval? and i certainly do not think his actions are right. but at least they can be explained.

nowadays, schools arent as simple as they used to be. u shld see the powerplay in the senior management team of my school. u will laugh
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 22nd July 2010 at 05:38 PM.

what will u do if ur kid got caned without u even knowing? can u firmly say u wont be pissed?
    given the fact school are afraid to cane student for obvious reasons, i firmly believe in the school that i choose to sent my kids (if i have) to. see my reply in this thread, what do u think? hahaha
    Last edited by denniskee; 22nd July 2010 at 05:45 PM.

Blog Entries

given the fact school are afraid to cane student for obvious reasons, i firmly believe in the school that i choose to sent my kids (if i have) to. see my reply in this thread, what do u think? hahaha
    hmm. i dunno. maybe teacher bad day? they are human too.

on the side note:

do u know that if as a teacher u anyhow take leave, sch will call up a meeting to discuss abt it?

this was a case mentioned to me by a teacher. he was entitled to leave cause he got a young baby.garment policy gives him a few days leave. cant remember wad the policy name. so he took off to celebrate baby 1st month. but when he came back he got a surprise:
    sch gave him a full blown meeting discussing him on the case. according to him: " while you are entitled to your leave, students are also entitled to your lessons". but now since change of upstairs people, boss now is his old colleague, he is on his way to rising up the promotion ranks.

and yes. schools are scary now.

I know a young army officer whose father is a retired LTC, when he posted to a new unit after OCS, and happen that the unit CO is his father's friend. His father ring up his friend and that young officer never had a relax day in his rest of the 1 1/2 years service.

That is call education.

i'm merely raising a possible senario of what could had happened. remember, article itself was vague. why werent there arrests? why was there no mention if sch had contacted and got parents approval? and i certainly do not think his actions are right. but at least they can be explained.

nowadays, schools arent as simple as they used to be. u shld see the powerplay in the senior management team of my school. u will laugh

wa, school nowadays so political?

Being a teacher these days for pri-sec education must be quite a bitch

Nowadays canning of students must get parent's approval?

wa lau, last time in my days in pri sch, alamak, for spelling test, every wrongly spelled word, one stroke on the hand by my english teacher. Return home, show my mom the spelling test results, part 2 la.........................

But I do understand from my teaching friends that being a school teacher these days isnt very rewarding, young parents are %&$^#$@ & the kids are little monsters as well, not a very respectful profession compared to my time & my father's time

If I had a kid now, first thing I would do on his first day of my child's school or during meet the teacher's session, I would say the exact as my dad. "cane the fella & give me a call, I'll do the part 2 when I'm home"
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 22nd July 2010 at 06:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post
    wa, school nowadays so political?

Being a teacher these days for pri-sec education must be quite a bitch

Nowadays canning of students must get parent's approval?

wa lau, last time in my days in pri sch, alamak, for spelling test, every wrongly spelled word, one stroke on the hand by my english teacher. Return home, show my mom the spelling test results, part 2 la.........................

But I do understand from my teaching friends that being a school teacher these days isnt very rewarding, young parents are %&$^#$@ & the kids are little monsters as well, not a very respectful profession compared to my time & my father's time

If I had a kid now, first thing I would do on his first day of my child's school or during meet the teacher's session, I would say the exact as my dad. "cane the fella & give me a call, I'll do the part 2 when I'm home"
    nowadays caning wont work anymore.

kids arent as gong as compared to the yesterdays. what they study for sec sch now, its like what u all may had called jc for all u know. kids now would rather reason out, than getting hit and given a "cause i'm ur father i said so" reply. guidign kids arent only just hitting them, all ur doing is to promote violence thats all.

effective parenting is much different. i've seen a few, and generally those who make their children understand (and a little punishment like time out or light cane on butt") tends to work much better in a long way. hitting a child 24/7 isnt gonna make him listen.

its 2 parts. 1 is to make him understand he is in the wrong, and 2 is to make him accept the punishment himself 心服口服.

nowadays caning wont work anymore.

kids arent as gong as compared to the yesterdays. what they study for sec sch now, its like what u all may had called jc for all u know. kids now would rather reason out, than getting hit and given a "cause i'm ur father i said so" reply. guidign kids arent only just hitting them, all ur doing is to promote violence thats all.

effective parenting is much different. i've seen a few, and generally those who make their children understand (and a little punishment like time out or light cane on butt") tends to work much better in a long way. hitting a child 24/7 isnt gonna make him listen.

its 2 parts. 1 is to make him understand he is in the wrong, and 2 is to make him accept the punishment himself 心服口服.
    positive re-enforcement la?

Hmmm.. True also

no leh. what if sch hit child without letting parent know?

i thought must get parents approval before can hit? no way sch can just cane without parents approval

so if the sch did that, then i dun see why it is wrong for daddy to storm the sch. imagine that ur child got hit, without u even knowing.

cause logically speaking, if daddy gave approval, why would he bother to storm office?
    It depends on the serious-ness of the case the student had done. Some school will inform their parents first and some will just cane and issue a letter for the parents to acknowledge. That simple.
    39, 40.5, 46, 49, 52, 55, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77.

Blog Entries

Hmmm.. True also
    no point just hitting without child knowing why he gets hit.
    on contary i think child will also just random hit when he grows older

Hmmm.. True also
    dont know if positive re-enforcement is working, i am positively sure that kids nowadays is more self-centered. see what goes on in mrt and buses.

Blog Entries

dont know if positive re-enforcement is working, i am positively sure that kids nowadays is more self-centered. see what goes on in mrt and buses.
    so far my batch one i look around, the better ones are from those families.

now family got 3 types.

1 is the hit like free.

2 is both parents working spend money only like free

3 is the positive re-enforcement.

i'll say the 3rd ones are the best of the lot in terms of attitude

We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. - Albert Einstein
    yea albert nice my idol

beyond a certain point, reason fails.

just look at clubsnap kopitiam. sadly, educators can't just walk away shaking their heads.

Blog Entries

there will always be oddities. no matter how much we try

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    beyond a certain point, reason fails.

just look at clubsnap kopitiam. sadly, educators can't just walk away shaking their heads.
    what happened to KPT..? closing down or flooded..?

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    what happened to KPT..? closing down or flooded..?
    well, let's just say that people don't always enjoy indulging in logical discussions - after a while they will resort to name-calling.... spouting popularist views to gain more people on their side to gangbang you.. some will call in their khakis to flame you together... some lagi best, will PM other people who disagree also to flame you...

the list goes on. this isn't about anything that happened recently.

even adults do that - let alone kids. reason doesn't always help.
    Last edited by night86mare; 22nd July 2010 at 11:36 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast