Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!? - Part 2

Default Re: Eastern Snappers FALL IN!? - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Wah you're still alive (here)!

Anyway peeps, my brother wants a favour from me. He and his group of friends (PS3 gamers) wanna take a group picture of themselves and their cars. Like, posing2 la for momento b4 their road trip in Oct. Was thinking of rounding up like maximum 5 of you guys, incl myself. So any 4 interested snappers who wish to take pics of ah-beng/modified/pimped cars? Tentative date is next Sunday morning 1st August. Location will be released thru pm later coz haven't decided yet.

Ps: I'm just exaggerating on the ah-beng/mod/pimped cars. Thats just applicable to my brother's.

PPS: My bro and his gang are from mycarforum. So its gd to for us to showcase another forum's enthusiasts in ours and likewise for them.
    can i join in?

Ok sinned79 is first!!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

include me
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

mycarforum casual photoshoot:

1) koplady11
    2) sinned79
    3) skylover
    4)
    5)

1st august I will still be in Shanghai so can't make it !

If it is in the afternoon, can I join you?

Quote Originally Posted by duffydufs View Post
    I guess late morning ba?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Quote Originally Posted by byteyou View Post
    yup correct, you in IT line as well?
    me too.. Java!

I juz realized my post always hit on 8 de no.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    me too.. Java!
    i oso IT line but i am still working now =(

Quote Originally Posted by random-pax View Post
    i oso IT line but i am still working now =(
    Don't worry. My Sun is burnt!!! NOOOOOOOOO

Don't worry. My Sun is burnt!!! NOOOOOOOOO
    well thats working life

Quote Originally Posted by duffydufs View Post
    I guess late morning ba?
    Yeaps, around late morning or whichever timing wld be better at the location. We have not decided on location but my brother left me to decide. How??? Dunno where a nice place to take a grp car shot leh, if possible, from an elevated view some more...

Season 2! Lemme jump in a little!

Too bad I can't post here as often as you peeps here, cos it's really hectic at the workplace. Would definitely be interested in any follow-up of the 1st outing, since I couldn't make it for the first one...

koplady11, that's quite an interesting assignment to engage Eastern Snappers! They ought to wash and polish their rides the day before the shoot, maybe even strobe a little to put their cars in good light? (depends on time-frame of that morn, plus shoot environment)

And, imho unfortunately, I'm doing s/w development too...
    Where does the ocean go...

Quote Originally Posted by ENDorphins View Post
    Season 2! Lemme jump in a little!

Too bad I can't post here as often as you peeps here, cos it's really hectic at the workplace. Would definitely be interested in any follow-up of the 1st outing, since I couldn't make it for the first one...

koplady11, that's quite an interesting assignment to engage Eastern Snappers! They ought to wash and polish their rides the day before the shoot, maybe even strobe a little to put their cars in good light? (depends on time-frame of that morn, plus shoot environment)

And, imho unfortunately, I'm doing s/w development too...
    Well, apparently my bro told me his car is not the beng-est car among the grp, and judging from how he takes care of his car, I gotta a feeling these guys' rides would be super duper shiny la. Unless got flood at the carpark.

I'm still a newbie and has no experience in shooting cars, so I'm just giving this opportunity to anyone here, who preferably has prior experience and wld be able to guide others as well, to lead the shoot. I'm just consolidating names. Haha. Dun even know where to get those guys to go to! Any suggestions??

Yeaps, around late morning or whichever timing wld be better at the location. We have not decided on location but my brother left me to decide. How??? Dunno where a nice place to take a grp car shot leh, if possible, from an elevated view some more...
    finally! i can use my UWA

suggestion... look for a multi storey car park with open roof? then i can park myself opposite or near the carpark. I can put my UWA to use there. Should be elevated enough.

sorry i dun drive... so dunno where got such carparks.

Well, apparently my bro told me his car is not the beng-est car among the grp, and judging from how he takes care of his car, I gotta a feeling these guys' rides would be super duper shiny la. Unless got flood at the carpark.

I'm still a newbie and has no experience in shooting cars, so I'm just giving this opportunity to anyone here, who preferably has prior experience and wld be able to guide others as well, to lead the shoot. I'm just consolidating names. Haha. Dun even know where to get those guys to go to! Any suggestions??
    Googled car photoshoots in Singapore before I saw your reply. Location-wise, lot's of people love hitting the new Marina Bay Sands vicinity due to the fantastic backdrop it provides. Furthermore, shots are done quite early in the morn, or evening period, where the ambient light is really great. Composition-wise, I observed lots of panning shots that catch the vehicles in fluid motion. One such thread lies here: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=351706 and some similar ones I caught in CS over the past weeks..

You would wanna consider roping in someone who can managed the composition well in a car photoshoot. I have zilch experience in shooting cars, so just pushing some ideas out to play ard with. Moreover you have a week more to figure out the details of the shoot!

ok.. but its better not too late in the morning or else the sun shine too bright den not very nice with all the glaring etc.

lolx.. I duno. carparks with nice background. or maybe a place of attraction? I don't have experience in taking cars shoot. First time nah..

Googled car photoshoots in Singapore before I saw your reply. Location-wise, lot's of people love hitting the new Marina Bay Sands vicinity due to the fantastic backdrop it provides. Furthermore, shots are done quite early in the morn, or evening period, where the ambient light is really great. Composition-wise, I observed lots of panning shots that catch the vehicles in fluid motion. One such thread lies here: http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=351706 and some similar ones I caught in CS over the past weeks..

You would wanna consider roping in someone who can managed the composition well in a car photoshoot. I have zilch experience in shooting cars, so just pushing some ideas out to play ard with. Moreover you have a week more to figure out the details of the shoot!
    not bad.. nice..

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    finally! i can use my UWA

suggestion... look for a multi storey car park with open roof? then i can park myself opposite or near the carpark. I can put my UWA to use there. Should be elevated enough.

sorry i dun drive... so dunno where got such carparks.
    I did observed some WA-ish captures in my searches, with heavy usage of leading lines to give the sense of distance and reach that the vehicle could achieve.

For MS-carparks, would have to find one where the top level is relatively empty, so can provide more breathing room to park the cars at a good angle for desirable shooting.

I did observed some WA-ish captures in my searches, with heavy usage of leading lines to give the sense of distance and reach that the vehicle could achieve.

For MS-carparks, would have to find one where the top level is relatively empty, so can provide more breathing room to park the cars at a good angle for desirable shooting.
    yeah since i dun drive i dun know if there is such MS carparks but i am sure there is!

actually i know of a carpark that might be suitable....

Shaw tower (beach road, or was it shaw center, always get the name wrong haha), got an open air carpark... but to be elevated... i will need to climb on a ladder
    Last edited by sinned79; 24th July 2010 at 12:39 AM.

Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast