Thread: Guiding my son to learn photography

Default Guiding my son to learn photography

Dear all,

I'm guiding my 14 years old son to pick up interest on photography.. but, my "teaching" is very "dry" and afraid lost his interest....

As Internet is the key media now and would like to look for some interesting sites to use as the teaching medias for his learning.. Appreciate any recommendation of exciting and fun sites to use.

Thanks.

Default Re: Guiding my son to learn photography

Seriously... let him have a camera and start shooting at auto mode first. Let him have a feel of composing and understanding how an image can be made first

Once he has more interest, then you can start on the proper understanding of ISO, aperture and shutter speed and how it affects the picture taken.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Thanks.

He already have some hands on with my prosumer camera.. I had feeding him some information on & off during his shooting on some family event..But, just wanted him to have some proper way of learning photography in orderly manners.

Blog Entries

seriously, just provide a camera and leave him alone ....... HE will come to you if need any help or advise

CS is a good site to be
    Last edited by ed9119; 21st July 2010 at 11:23 AM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ahchek View Post
    Dear all,

I'm guiding my 14 years old son to pick up interest on photography.. but, my "teaching" is very "dry" and afraid lost his interest....

As Internet is the key media now and would like to look for some interesting sites to use as the teaching medias for his learning.. Appreciate any recommendation of exciting and fun sites to use.

Thanks.

Just out of topic a bit sorry, why do you want your son to pick up interest on photography?
    If he is already into it naturally, its alright you can pass him ur prosumer and he can play with it .... he will be very happy slowly exploring the features and function.

if he is not into it and u wanted him to take it up .. i think its tough ....

just my thoughts, no offence. coz i think interest and hobby is very individual.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    Just out of topic a bit sorry, why do you want your son to pick up interest on photography?
    If he is already into it naturally, its alright you can pass him ur prosumer and he can play with it .... he will be very happy slowly exploring the features and function.

if he is not into it and u wanted him to take it up .. i think its tough ....

just my thoughts, no offence. coz i think interest and hobby is very individual.
    i share the same thoughts too...

u can see in cs there are a few very young pg who are very good in photography.... i guess they achieved so much due to their strong interest in it...

when it becomes a chore, it is no longer interesting...