Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

  1. #1

    Default Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Here is a series of pictures showing how the so-call profesional get his pictures, where dSLR with big lenses failed.


    ******* 1 - Showing a group of dSLRers with big lenses about to get pissed...




    ******* 2 - He is trying to gain the model attentions...




    ******* 3 - See his cool looks... Really think himself is very profesional.




    ******* 4 - Refocus on the ******* for you guys to have better looks.




    ******* 5 - Now he finally got his shots!




    Hope my pictures with proper composition and bokeh still fall into potrait category : )

  2. #2
    Senior Member Elite77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Nice capture. Wahaha.....
    D800E|105mm F2.8D micro|16-35mm F4 VR|Raynox 250|R1C1

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    nice.. interesting..

    hmm.. how about a little write up of the event or a sneak view of the subject?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    dslr or not, people who shoot models at events need to get a life.

    personal opinion, of course.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    [QUOTE=night86mare;6325560]dslr or not, people who shoot models at events need to get a life.

    personal opinion, of course.[/QUOTE

    I'm curious why ?
    That said the same will also apply to those who shoot insects , those who shoot cats and those underwater photog?
    Isn't photograhpy amazing because it can involve everything & anything ordinary ?
    Different subjects interest different people

  6. #6

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post

    Different subjects interest different people
    most of the cameramen who shoot models at events are more interested in things other than photography. they aren't there to capture beautiful photos, they're there to capture lonelytime material..... me, my dslr, and those photos of models in revealing outfits that i managed to look at today at the show..... drool, etc. i'd say 90% of them are like that.

    anyways, like i said, it's a personal opinion, you don't have to agree with me, and i don't have to agree with you.
    Last edited by night86mare; 21st July 2010 at 01:48 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Anyway TS nice POV. a background story will be nice
    Last edited by stonefish35; 21st July 2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Typo

  8. #8

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    most of the cameramen who shoot models at events are more interested in things other than photography. they aren't there to capture beautiful photos, they're there to capture lonelytime material..... me, my dslr, and those photos of models in revealing outfits that i managed to look at today at the show..... drool, etc. i'd say 90% of them are like that.

    anyways, like i said, it's a personal opinion, you don't have to agree with me, and i don't have to agree with you.

    Oh thanks for the lead, have not been to enough events to notice that. So you followed all of them home & stalked then till you saw 90% of them doing the deed that you mentioned?
    And would organized model photoshoots fall under the same category too?

    There's no need to agree with anyone's pov. We are not Norh Korea or Burma
    Last edited by stonefish35; 21st July 2010 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Typo error

  9. #9

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by stonefish35 View Post
    Oh thanks for the lead, have not been to enough events to notice that. So you followed all of them home & stalked then till you saw 90% of them doing the deed that you mentioned?
    And would organized model photoshoots fall under the same category too?


    don't need to say anything already, people often feel the need to defend their own choices.

    best defense against others' words - a clear conscience.

    have a nice day.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    don't need to say anything already, people often feel the need to defend their own choices.

    best defense against others' words - a clear conscience.

    have a nice day.

    well I guess that's what usually happen at events maybe?
    Anyway enough of my crashing of ts thread . Good day to you too. Just hope less rain & floods for the coming weeks

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sicily, Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    1,805

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    dslr or not, people who shoot models at events need to get a life.

    personal opinion, of course.
    +1 agree

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, Singapore
    Posts
    1,513

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    yeah never really understood the whole rationale behind paying entrance fees to take pictures of "models", and paying good money to attend photoshoots with "models".

    where i come from, i'm the one that's supposed to be paid to take photos of models (real and imagined)!
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

  13. #13

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    yeah never really understood the whole rationale behind paying entrance fees to take pictures of "models", and paying good money to attend photoshoots with "models".

    where i come from, i'm the one that's supposed to be paid to take photos of models (real and imagined)!
    Where do you come from?

  14. #14
    Member blaz7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    523

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Just curious, what event was this?
    α Cameraman
    flickr

  15. #15

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Haha..interesting expressions from the photographer in #1 and this guy in #2-#5. I think it will be even better if can capture both these expressions in one picture - think will be even more interesting! A compact camera in a sea of DSLRs..

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    most of the cameramen who shoot models at events are more interested in things other than photography. they aren't there to capture beautiful photos, they're there to capture lonelytime material..... me, my dslr, and those photos of models in revealing outfits that i managed to look at today at the show..... drool, etc. i'd say 90% of them are like that.
    Not planning to debate on the intention behind taking the pictures or discuss about what you said..

    One comment is, for those reasons that you mentioned, isn't it easier, cheaper, more convenient to just search on the internet for "lonelytime" material? Don't understand why pple would want to spend the $$ to go and buy camera equipment and to spend the effort to take pictures just to satisfy those desires.. ?

    If there is no passion for photography, why would pple spent the $ & time on photography when it is probably more "rewarding" to just "google".. ?

    Well, if they want to watch "live" and "feel" the heat, then there is no need to bring camera right?

    But, if you're referring to those who doesn't know how to use computers.. then what you said makes sense..

    But it probably doesn't apply to those who post up pictures in CS bcoz these pple do know how to use computers.. I guess.. ?

    Juz asking out of curiosity.... any comments?

  17. #17

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Not planning to debate on the intention behind taking the pictures or discuss about what you said..

    One comment is, for those reasons that you mentioned, isn't it easier, cheaper, more convenient to just search on the internet for "lonelytime" material? Don't understand why pple would want to spend the $$ to go and buy camera equipment and to spend the effort to take pictures just to satisfy those desires.. ?

    If there is no passion for photography, why would pple spent the $ & time on photography when it is probably more "rewarding" to just "google".. ?

    Well, if they want to watch "live" and "feel" the heat, then there is no need to bring camera right?

    But, if you're referring to those who doesn't know how to use computers.. then what you said makes sense..

    But it probably doesn't apply to those who post up pictures in CS bcoz these pple do know how to use computers.. I guess.. ?

    Juz asking out of curiosity.... any comments?
    come on...lets not deny 90% of the photoshoots highly sort after and highly priced are sexy/bikini/lingerie shots. is there a reason for this? economics : supply and demand for drooling purposes (own opinion like NM).

    the only girl is shoot is my gf or paid photoshoots where people pay me to shoot them. full stop. shooting skimply clad girls goes against my own conscious.

    males are made such a way they like to see sexy womens (me included)....but i deny myself of such stuff to not satisfy the evil desires of my heart.
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    most of the cameramen who shoot models at events are more interested in things other than photography. they aren't there to capture beautiful photos, they're there to capture lonelytime material..... me, my dslr, and those photos of models in revealing outfits that i managed to look at today at the show..... drool, etc. i'd say 90% of them are like that.

    anyways, like i said, it's a personal opinion, you don't have to agree with me, and i don't have to agree with you.

    haha, pretty true... most, as u said... but mayb there r exceptions... but boys will be boys.
    When the shooting gets tough, the tough gets shooting.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post

    If there is no passion for photography, why would pple spent the $ & time on photography when it is probably more "rewarding" to just "google".. ?

    Well, if they want to watch "live" and "feel" the heat, then there is no need to bring camera right?
    the camera is a cover for their real desire.

    they can justify to their friends "see, i'm doing photography.. i went to event and there were these models, so i shun bian shoot them"
    they can justify to their parents "see, i'm doing photography.. blah blah blah"

    never mind that they actually planned to go to a computer show, camera show, motorcycle show, car show, sole purpose was to capture more pokemon models to "bring home".. when the primary focus of that show is not even supposed to be the models. but the organisers of these shows know that, so they produce the supply to meet the demand.

    i'm sure we all remember the sunshinetracy incident.. that is a clear example what all this is all about.

    and you are right, the difference between porn on the internet and this is that there is probably some amount of intangible delight to be derived from having seen the person in reality before. a porn model remains a porn model, far and unreachable, but the person you have seen in real life, well, it's not hard to see how it works, right?

    for the people who liken this to be like landscape photography, cat photography, insect photography - the main difference is that all those have nothing to do with embracing your primal desires and just using photography to cover up. the previous 3 categories also have photographers in it for the sake of saying that they do photography, but that's more of an ego/face issue rather than giving in to the lower head.

    a proper portrait is hard to execute - so many people here claim that they want to "capture the beauty and soul" of the person, i don't see how in an uncontrollable environment like a show of any form, this could be done. let alone the fact that the models aren't necessarily wearing things that suit their so-called soul and personality - common factor is revealing, revealing, revealing.. so what is the real purpose here, you can imagine.

    that said, just because one only shoots in a studio where everything is controllable doesn't mean a thing to me. there will also be cases where people putting up pretenses of being morally upright are the worst of the lot. this also includes me - and the difference between a good person and a bad person, a serious photographer or one who's just using photography as an excuse for other things - is whether you bother to keep yourself in line. boys will be boys, that much is true, but can you exercise the appropriate amount of self-restraint to keep it pure?

    at the end of the day, if you can look yourself in the mirror and honestly, honestly speak to your conscience and be at peace with it, that's what matters. which is why i said, if your conscience is clear, and you shoot all these for pure aesthetic reasons, or to just test out your gear, whatever... you won't bother about what i say, right? you won't fall into that category.

    anyways, we are going way off topic. this will be my last post on the matter... and i don't know for sure what TS is trying to say with his pictures.. but well, in any case, just sharing my thoughts. cheers.
    Last edited by night86mare; 21st July 2010 at 12:26 PM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: Compact Camera Rock! Put dSLRs into shame!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    the camera is a cover for their real desire.

    they can justify to their friends "see, i'm doing photography.. i went to event and there were these models, so i shun bian shoot them"
    they can justify to their parents "see, i'm doing photography.. blah blah blah"

    and you are right, the difference between porn on the internet and this is that there is probably some amount of intangible delight to be derived from having seen the person in reality before. a porn model remains a porn model, far and unreachable, but the person you have seen in real life, well, it's not hard to see how it works, right?

    anyways, we are going way off topic.
    hmm.. Makes sense....

    Anyway.. I guess TS don't put up these pictures solely for C&C on pictures I guess..? heehee..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •