Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: 1st trip to Taiwan

Default Re: 1st trip to Taiwan

just get a traveller adaptor kit.

Get the plug adaptor for $5 or less @ the airport dutyfree shops or travel equipment shops

i already got that quite some time ago, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes View Post
    just get a traveller adaptor kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    Get the plug adaptor for $5 or less @ the airport dutyfree shops or travel equipment shops
    E-M10, E-PL1, 40mm-150mm, 9-18mm, Pentax c-mount 25mm, LX 5, Pentax Super Takumar 50mm, 45mm

Quote Originally Posted by flossbun View Post
    i'm going from 28/12 to 7/1 and bring my d90 along. i'm afraid of condensation as the weather will be cold and i'll be going up to alishan.

any advice on how to avoid or minimise condensation?
    Taiwan is not that cold - I have been to -22 without issue. The key is avoiding swift transitions between hot and cold places, esp damp ones.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi View Post
    Wah ... keep them coming ... as of now, haven't settled (or should I say clueless) what to have there ...
    shilin nightmarket lor... ximending.. taipei 101... 5 cent boat...
    i try remember as much as i can bah. but those are the more interesting stuff u wanna see first

Also, if its foggy, don't bother wasting 400NT($20) to go up to the 101, totally not worth it.

Seafood in Kee Lung
    北部濱海公路
    Jhongjheng District‎ Keelung City‎ 202
    Taiwan
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

If you have time, can make a day trip to Jiufen (or better still, stay overnight). Take a train from Taipei Main Station, alight at Ruifang, take a bus or cab to Jiufen.
    Otherwise, can try Danshui and Fishermen Wharf - easier, accessible by MRT. The old street is next to the MRT station, but got to take bus no 26 to Fishermen Wharf, where the Lovers/Valentines Bridge is. Can catch sunset there.

Jia Jia DVD shop
    中华路 一段落106-110 号码2楼。

Some decent deals, but the new ones are SG priced.

Just metres across the road:
    Hi Fi and camera St:

The trouble with electronics is that they know we are foreign so prices are higher, so do your homeowork first.

And of course the Usher store:

Jiu Fen is alright, its a bit toursity, avoid the weekends and it will be ok.

Nice tea places to chill.

Lots of cute tasty food to try.

From Ruifang, you can also take the Pingsi line and go to Jingtong, Shifen and houtong(if you like cats). you can hop on and off if you buy the day ticket(NT$54).

Hey Pete bro, how's the Usher prices there? Thinking of getting a pair of Be-718 Diamond DMD. I can have the help of the Taiwanese if i am getting (wife got lots of colleagues there), so prob won't be ripped. The shop is very near Xi Men Ding right? Just came back last week, will be going again in April free and easy and soley Taipei county area, 10-12 days or something.
    Last edited by 2100; 7th December 2010 at 08:04 PM.

Sent you a pm on Xtremeplace...

Thanks...anyway got it. Will try to google earth.

Usher
    台北市開封街1段67號
    67 Kai Fong St, Sec 1 Taipei 10041 Taiwan
    +886 02 2381 6299

Hi again ... wonderful input from the seasoned travelers ... do you think it's a good idea to get a map and a guide book about Taiwan before heading over? If yes, where can I get them? Went to Popular, Bras Brasah but the selection is really really limited ... thanks in advance again!

Hi again ... wonderful input from the seasoned travelers ... do you think it's a good idea to get a map and a guide book about Taiwan before heading over? If yes, where can I get them? Went to Popular, Bras Brasah but the selection is really really limited ... thanks in advance again!
    Why not get a lonely planet app for the iPhone/Andriod?

You can get maps from Taiwan Tourist Office in Singapore, UIC Building at Shenton Way (but I forgot which level, can check the building directory).
    If you can produce your flight booking and accommodation confirmation, they will give you some freebies depending on the promotion month - I got a free admission tic to the Palace Museum, and a souvenir gift coupon (to be redeemed at duty free shop when you depart Taipei).
    Better selections of tour guide books (in Chinese) can be found at Kinokuniya, and quite updated ones too.

Unfortunately I don't have a smartphone ...

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    Why not get a lonely planet app for the iPhone/Andriod?

Thanks! Will check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by muzikbug View Post
    You can get maps from Taiwan Tourist Office in Singapore, UIC Building at Shenton Way (but I forgot which level, can check the building directory).
    If you can produce your flight booking and accommodation confirmation, they will give you some freebies depending on the promotion month - I got a free admission tic to the Palace Museum, and a souvenir gift coupon (to be redeemed at duty free shop when you depart Taipei).
    Better selections of tour guide books (in Chinese) can be found at Kinokuniya, and quite updated ones too.

I just come back tonight after a month holidaying in Taiwan. Taiwan is a good place to visit.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast