Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st trip to Taiwan

Default 1st trip to Taiwan

Hi,
    i'll be visiting Taiwan in Nov. as it's my 1st trip there, i really need some recommendation for places to take photos.

i'll be in taipei most of the time cause i dnt really know how to move ard yet but i dnt mind moving out if tht location is a die die must go for photography nuts

Default Re: 1st trip to Taiwan

I will be heading to Taiwan in Nov too.
    Theres actually a "Photography Street" there, but im not really sure about the price difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    I will be heading to Taiwan in Nov too.
    Theres actually a "Photography Street" there, but im not really sure about the price difference.
    when man? i've changed to mid nov already.

if ard same time maybe can go ard 2gether if u dnt mind?

Are you staying only in Taipei city only, or will you have the chance to venture out to Taipei County as well?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by ahming111 View Post
    when man? i've changed to mid nov already.

if ard same time maybe can go ard 2gether if u dnt mind?
    I will be departing on the 17th/18th and be there for around 8-10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by ismokeweed79 View Post
    I will be departing on the 17th/18th and be there for around 8-10 days.
    oh, might still be able to meet up cause i'm coming back on tht sat

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    Are you staying only in Taipei city only, or will you have the chance to venture out to Taipei County as well?
    u mean the outskirts? yes, i would love to move to there by doing day trips.

might move to stay at taichung or taitung if there are enough attractions for me

You can try the 菁桐鐵道之旅 at Taipei Country. Very classic and retro. Also, 十分瀑布 is worth a visit. It's along the railway at 十分車站. Try to arrange for an entire day for this. You won't want to leave this place I assure you.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

You can try the 菁桐鐵道之旅 at Taipei Country. Very classic and retro. Also, 十分瀑布 is worth a visit. It's along the railway at 十分車站. Try to arrange for an entire day for this. You won't want to leave this place I assure you.
    both places near each other and at the outskirts of taipei?

both places near each other and at the outskirts of taipei?
    It's a stretch of railway with a few stations. 十分瀑布 is near 十分車站, but there's a walking distance. However, the scenary is superb along the way. Try to buy the 1 day pass for this tour. It's cheaper and you don't have to buy tickets every time you jump from station to station. You can also 放天燈 at 平溪車站. Very interesting...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

It's a stretch of railway with a few stations. 十分瀑布 is near 十分車站, but there's a walking distance. However, the scenary is superb along the way. Try to buy the 1 day pass for this tour. It's cheaper and you don't have to buy tickets every time you jump from station to station. You can also 放天燈 at 平溪車站. Very interesting...
    wow, you are making me looking forward to my trip already.

hhhhhmmmm, dnt know 16gb of memory enough for all the pics or not

Or you can go Dan Shui (淡水), which is reachable by taking MRT (stop at 淡水站).
    From DanShui, you can take a 5min boat ride to 八里 (not Bali), rent a bike there and just cycle along the DanShui river.

Then enjoy sunset at 渔人码头. This you must either take a boat ride or bus, too far to cycle to.

There are a few more places that you can visit:
    1. 淡江中学 (where the movie by Jay Chou '不能说的秘密' was filmed)
    2. 真理大学 (just beside 淡江中学)

This is the route I travelled last time in 淡水.
    You can also start from Dan Shui Lao Jie.

中正路28巷1号红毛城 --> 真理街 --> 小白宫--> 真理大学、淡江中学 --> 文化阿给6-4号 --> 直走马偕街 --> 浥尾偕医馆 --> 淡水礼拜堂 --> 左转三民街直走到中正路 --> 可口鱼丸232号 --> 阿香虾卷230号 --> 味香鱼丸店184号(许义鱼酥)--> 德裕鱼丸(旁边楼梯直达) --> 红楼 --> 回中正路 --> 福佑宫200号 --> 三协成糕饼店81号 --> 直走到淡水老街
    KC
    Canon 450D | Fujifilm Instax Mini 7 | Ricoh GRD II

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kcevangelion View Post
    From DanShui, you can take a 5min boat ride to 八里 (not Bali), rent a bike there and just cycle along the DanShui river.

Then enjoy sunset at 渔人码头. This you must either take a boat ride or bus, too far to cycle to.

中正路28巷1号红毛城 --> 真理街 --> 小白宫--> 真理大学、淡江中学 --> 文化阿给6-4号 --> 直走马偕街 --> 浥尾偕医馆 --> 淡水礼拜堂 --> 左转三民街直走到中正路 --> 可口鱼丸232号 --> 阿香虾卷230号 --> 味香鱼丸店184号(许义鱼酥)--> 德裕鱼丸(旁边楼梯直达) --> 红楼 --> 回中正路 --> 福佑宫200号 --> 三协成糕饼店81号 --> 直走到淡水老街
    ur allowed to go into the sch ar?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    ur allowed to go into the sch ar?
    ya, tourists are allowed to go in. But dun stand outside classroom watch their lesson lah :P
    the buildings are very nice.
    KC
    Canon 450D | Fujifilm Instax Mini 7 | Ricoh GRD II

Blog Entries

can i join them in the sstudying? wonder if can arrange something like that. will be cool

Quote Originally Posted by kcevangelion View Post

Hi

Went to taiwan sometime last dec. Great place to take street shots at the night market. Got very interesting shots because of all the weird things and people along the streets. Dan Shui is a great place for shots too. Alot of facilities for the public there, so you will see many locals doing recreation activities there and if you are lucky enough, you might get events that are not expected happening there. If you are looking for seaside shots where there are huge waves, Yeliou (pronounced Ye Liu) is the place to go. It is a park where there are many interesting stones eroded from the waves seawaves. One of the main attraction is the queens head where it is shaped like the shape of a women with a crown. I got great long exposure shots of the sea and sky there too (Rmb your ND filter).

Hope this helps. =) Rmb to try the food while snapping away!!!

Whats the temperature there when you went?

ups for more suggestion.

thanks for all the suggestions so far

Quote Originally Posted by dangrax View Post
    Hi

Went to taiwan sometime last dec. Great place to take street shots at the night market. Got very interesting shots because of all the weird things and people along the streets. Dan Shui is a great place for shots too. Alot of facilities for the public there, so you will see many locals doing recreation activities there and if you are lucky enough, you might get events that are not expected happening there. If you are looking for seaside shots where there are huge waves, Yeliou (pronounced Ye Liu) is the place to go. It is a park where there are many interesting stones eroded from the waves seawaves. One of the main attraction is the queens head where it is shaped like the shape of a women with a crown. I got great long exposure shots of the sea and sky there too (Rmb your ND filter).

Hope this helps. =) Rmb to try the food while snapping away!!!
    yes, will be gng yehliu. many pple recommend

16GB depends on what you taking. If only photos, should be enough. If include video, sure not enough!

Also, it depends on how many days you going. I was there for 8 days. Took about 10-12GB of photos.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast