Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: where to buy watches in singapore?

Takashimaya got a lot of shops selling watches also...
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: where to buy watches in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    I'm searching for a Rolex Deepsea at a decent discount..... however Rolex here have a STUPID price fixing policy / discount policy of max 5% discount ? ( similar to Leica here ).

( FYI - Wholesalers of Singapore..... Grow up, this is called Price Fixing and in Australia this is illegal and punishable in court with fines EXCEEDING $500,000 !!! )
    It is controlled discount & Rolex appoints retailers through vigorous selection, they don't have wholesalers in our region. If retailers are caught by mystery buyers for giving excessive discount, the retailer will be punished still, there are always things that go through the net

You'll be surprised how powerful they are in the world of luxury products with a huge panel of solicitors to choose from. The only chance for you to save some money is to buy from a country where their currency suddenly de-values but you'd need to be quick before the prices are adjusted for "losses". It is an honour to be appointed as a Rolex dealer, an iron-rice bowl for the retailer and I doubt anyone would mess with Rolex, not even THG.
    "Like Moths, photographers gather at the sight of light" Robert Doisneau
    My Little Port

Quote Originally Posted by Berkins View Post
    That's the usual deal.. But some buyers are quite easy...I sold a submariner and an omega without buyer asking for verification ..lol.

But I myself still buy new from boutique or overseas.. unless it's a lower cost casual piece, then I buy from forums
    i was once even an easy buyer, i bought one over ebay and shipped it back. no problem.
    just that once has to be mindful to shop smart, to know whether it is a genuine deal/watches.

if looking for casio, seiko and such the shop above tekka is rather reasonably priced...the one nearer to the escalator. (bcos there are at least 2 there..)

I think the prices in town hard to beat Prestige at Bras Bersa complex.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    I'm searching for a Rolex Deepsea at a decent discount..... however Rolex here have a STUPID price fixing policy / discount policy of max 5% discount ? ( similar to Leica here ).

( FYI - Wholesalers of Singapore..... Grow up, this is called Price Fixing and in Australia this is illegal and punishable in court with fines EXCEEDING $500,000 !!! )
    Like that, might as well start with apple...
    Alpha

Can try watchshopforum.com for luxury watches in Singapore

Chuan Watches @ Golden Landmark level 1

I have a Seiko and Casio G Shock and am also considering a watch now. Did very minimal research and decided on Oris but have not view any model or know where to get yet. But now decided that I don't really need a watch... I rather buy D800 or D800E or D3s or D4.

Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    But now decided that I don't really need a watch... I rather buy D800 or D800E or D3s or D4.
    I went the opposite direction

Blog Entries

for cheaper watches like Seiko , Citizen or Casio there are a couple of reputable ebay sellers based in Singapore (eg pokemonyu or premierworld )
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    anybody can recommend where is good to buy watches ?
    I found a list of watch shops in Singapore here: crownwatchblog.com/directory
    Chuan Watches also worth a look
    Last edited by billy the kid; 1st June 2016 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    anybody can recommend where is good to buy watches ?
    Good watches meaning? Plenty of reputable store out there example like The Hour Glass, Sincere Watch, Cortina Watch, Watches of Switzerland etc.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123