Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: where to buy watches in singapore?

Default Re: where to buy watches in singapore?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuragiz View Post
    China got the best price. Lol.

Maybe can try hour glass? They give discount when I bought a watch there.
    yes, saw IWC watches selling in China for around RMB200

You can try WatchShopForum.com

It is classified for designer watches
    Last edited by yeoandy; 7th February 2012 at 07:53 AM.

Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by koplady11

Bought my bf's watches at Bras Basah, the shop next to the UOB atm, think their name is Prestige. Very good prices and watches are in very good conditions as well.

The owner of Prestige is a lady and the shop opposite hers at the back is her brother's. So if she cannot find the specific range you are looking for, she will recommend to her brother. If you're looking for Seiko, her brother has quite a good range. And both will ask the same thing: What is your budget? Normally the price difference between retails like Isetan, BHG etc and the shop there could be as much as $150. But compared to Mustafa, maybe 10-20 bux more expensive. However, I do not trust Mustafa's handling of goods as the watches I saw there, when inspected, have scratches and they will claim that that model is the last one they got. =_=""

I've recommended Prestige to many friends. All have replied with nothing but good reviews for the shop.
    I buy watches from them for the pass 20 over years. Timex, G shock, Seiko, Casio, luminox, Skagen, Sunnto ... If they sell Rolex too I confirm buy from them Brother is Jack I always look for him for best best price.
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

King wah cash is king

the shop facing Cathay - King Wah - is close, shift to the building across the road, next to Ruby store and under a new name.

Go to sg-roc or swx forums...many grey dealers..good price for rolexes and pams

Cortina, Sincere and Hourglass.

Never buy Rolex and Pams from grey market forum/online sellers. Extreme high risk as they might sell you high grade fakes and then disappear - fly by night scammers. Pawn shop client told me some fake Rolex and pans are so good that even they sometimes also mis judgement. Lost is covered by insurance but their premium get raised highly.

By IWC at Changi Airport if you want them brand new. Usually max discount given by dealers on top of that you can get another 7% from the gst.

I'm searching for a Rolex Deepsea at a decent discount..... however Rolex here have a STUPID price fixing policy / discount policy of max 5% discount ? ( similar to Leica here ).

( FYI - Wholesalers of Singapore..... Grow up, this is called Price Fixing and in Australia this is illegal and punishable in court with fines EXCEEDING $500,000 !!! )
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    I'm searching for a Rolex Deepsea at a decent discount..... however Rolex here have a STUPID price fixing policy / discount policy of max 5% discount ? ( similar to Leica here ).

( FYI - Wholesalers of Singapore..... Grow up, this is called Price Fixing and in Australia this is illegal and punishable in court with fines EXCEEDING $500,000 !!! )
    if Rolex is the manufacturer and this is their company law to ensure no one sells below SRP, it's not price fixing.

but if a group of wholesalers conspire together to fix the price whereby it benefits one or all (themselves), that is price fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    if Rolex is the manufacturer and this is their company law to ensure no one sells below SRP, it's not price fixing.

but if a group of wholesalers conspire together to fix the price whereby it benefits one or all (themselves), that is price fixing.
    You are very right..... I think Im searching for a diff term. ( but in AUST a wholesaler can't force a dealer to maintain one price nor discount level, it's the choice of the dealer.... that said a wholesaler (w/s) CAN make it difficult for a dealer to deal with them by restricting access to product, that said in Aust it's hard to cancel distribution once its granted to an agent - as the agent can take the w/s to court. )

So can you get me a fat discount on my Deepsea
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    You are very right..... I think Im searching for a diff term. ( but in AUST a wholesaler can't force a dealer to maintain one price nor discount level, it's the choice of the dealer.... that said a wholesaler (w/s) CAN make it difficult for a dealer to deal with them by restricting access to product, that said in Aust it's hard to cancel distribution once its granted to an agent - as the agent can take the w/s to court. )

So can you get me a fat discount on my Deepsea
    nope.. i don't work for Rolex..

but i know how you can get one for free..

just rob someone who's wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    nope.. i don't work for Rolex..

but i know how you can get one for free..

just rob someone who's wearing it

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Never buy Rolex and Pams from grey market forum/online sellers. Extreme high risk as they might sell you high grade fakes and then disappear - .
    Here is the normal practice when we buy from individual/online sellers. Agree the price and meet at Rolex Service Center, buyer pay $100 for authentication fees. Once it is authenticated as genuine Rolex watches with no missing /fake parts, buyer and seller get the deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post
    Here is the normal practice when we buy from individual/online sellers. Agree the price and meet at Rolex Service Center, buyer pay $100 for authentication fees. Once it is authenticated as genuine Rolex watches with no missing /fake parts, buyer and seller get the deal done.
    Thats a good bit of advice bro

Quote Originally Posted by nex100
    By IWC at Changi Airport if you want them brand new. Usually max discount given by dealers on top of that you can get another 7% from the gst.
    Which one at airport?

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se

That's the usual deal.. But some buyers are quite easy...I sold a submariner and an omega without buyer asking for verification ..lol.

But I myself still buy new from boutique or overseas.. unless it's a lower cost casual piece, then I buy from forums

sg-roc for wristwatch 411.

I bought a couple of watches in Hour Glass Millenium walk and have been quite regular there. Normally they will offer anything from 15 to 25% discount depending on the brand. My preference is for IWC more a watch makers' watch. If you travels to Hong Kong, then try Prince watches & Jewellery at Causeway Bay, good price and no GST. Cheers
    Chris
    5D2 / 5D3 / 16-35 2.8L II USM / 24-70 2.8L / 100 2.8L IS Macro/ 70-200 2.8L IS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast