Thread: borrowing of cam?

Default borrowing of cam?

hi all...

i m wondering only if there is any kind souls out here in this forum willing to part with their dslr for two weeks...ya...

i would like to borrow for a trip oversea to switzerland...

ya..but i dun hav the $$ to rent or buy lorh...
    so i hope tat someone can lend me...the body only cos i hav got a canon system...liao..

hope i dun get shot for this...

God bless...

that is a interesting request, unless you know the people around here very well, i doubt people would wanna part with their $$$$ DSLR to someone they whom barely know with no $ as deposit, even if using an IC as identification.

Good luck anyway.

i ever lent someone my DSLR for 2 weeks...
    after lending tt someone.. tt bugger actually grumble so much abt my darling camera.
    wah liew... hao xing mei hao bao!

ruthbaby, you lent me lah... i make sure i am full of praise for it when i return it..kekekeke

no $ but going switzerland( most expensive place on earth) hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    after lending tt someone.. tt bugger actually grumble so much abt my darling camera.
    lend me also le.... i will be more than happy to use and take good care of your cam...

seriously if really can i will put deposit but i got no $$ to pay the rental fee, now still student

Quote Originally Posted by p4610yz
    hi all...

i m wondering only if there is any kind souls out here in this forum willing to part with their dslr for two weeks...ya...

i would like to borrow for a trip oversea to switzerland...

ya..but i dun hav the $$ to rent or buy lorh...
    so i hope tat someone can lend me...the body only cos i hav got a canon system...liao..

hope i dun get shot for this...

God bless...
    Indeed, it is a very bold request. I will lent u but the problem is, I don't hv any DSLR...

Seriously, what assurance do one hv if they will lent u their DSLR? In what way can u assure them that u will take care of their equipment & return after 2 weeks?....& u r sure u r not immigrating to Switzerland???

Strange if you have a SLR already, then why not just use your SLR? Two weeks is quite a long time you know, are you sure you want to bring a DSLR, and a hard-disk with you? Use film lah, then can don't worry about charging batteries and uploading CF card. And you will be more discriminate during shooting, makes you a better photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    aiyo... come, i pat yr head.

just test market?

to see if clubsnappers are people who can survive without their cameras for 2 weeks?

Smile

i m not testing market or wat....

i m really serious abt it..cos i m going there for a student exchange programme...i m covering the trip as a photographer...ya..i will b bringing along my film slr for the trip..but it is offical photographer..n i dun get any $$ for doing so..even to cover my cost..so i wan to look for a dslr at least i can cover the exchange programme without worrying abt the cost after tat..
    of course for my own stuff....n for my own enjoyment...i dun use digital..i will use my own slides...

for migrating there...last thing on earth....

ya...i just hoping tat there would b somebody who really believe in trust...
    yes a dslr is not cheap...if it is cheap..i would hav invested in one earlier on...
    yes...trust is very hard to gain in this world who is full of cheaters n things like tat....
    but i still hope tat some kind soul would lend me for the trip...
    i m a photographer...i take care of my stuff...n further more if the stuff is borrowed...y wouldn't u take special care for it....

as i say i do hope tat people will keep a open mind abt it...

when i first started this thread...i knw some people will say things both gd n bad...but i just went ahead...not to test water...but out of a need..n a desire..

with this...i still hope tat some one will still lend one to me...

God bless...

I think you will have better luck borrowing it from your close friends rather posting here.

Or you can try to get a used compact digicam instead. Do you really need a DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    I think you will have better luck borrowing it from your close friends rather posting here.

Or you can try to get a used compact digicam instead. Do you really need a DSLR?
    i hav ask my friends liao...n further more they r using mostly film slrs...then....
    y i m asking to borrow a dslr...cos i need the flexibility...cos i already hav my ef lens n it is b easier to use...then the amount of megapix..n the pic quality plays apart in my choice....
    n the pics would b used for presentation..n in newletters also...so...i do hope i can delieve some gd stuff to the NYAA people....

I make you a deal.

NYAA will get a DSLR on the trip.

But I replace you to go as covering photographer. Deal?

If you are the official photographer, then they shld pay for yr film. I think it is more realistic fighting for that. If not, they just have to make do with whatever you can afford for your films.