Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: iPhone new cellular push notification

  1. #21
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
    The thing is, whenever you lost signal, the pop-up will appear. This is really irritating. Users can just refer to the signal bars right? Not sure which dumb-dump programmed this to appear whenever the phone loss signal?
    Ya, the signal bar should be a good indicator. Maybe there's a way to turn of the notification?
    Take the shot!

  2. #22
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Ok, finally I got the pop-up.
    I was in the MRT train (undergound) this afternoon, the pop-up popped up
    Could this be due to blind spots or due to weak receiver or just drop signals? It happenned twice
    So what's the point of selecting a different network if its the phone's problem & can we really select another network & make calls as normal? Then how are we billed after that?
    u can't just select another network and use it.
    eat. drink. shoot

  3. #23
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    u can't just select another network and use it.
    Ya, that's the point. What's with the pop-up right? Kinda dumb though
    Take the shot!

  4. #24
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Ya, that's the point. What's with the pop-up right? Kinda dumb though
    no idea..i've only received that popup once after i updated..
    eat. drink. shoot

  5. #25
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Just upgraded to 4.0.1. I have found the following:

    1. Battery life seems to have improved. Usually a overnight stand-by will cost me about 20% of the battery life. After upgrading, it only cost me about 8%! All settings as usual. No change.

    2. I still get the pop-ups, but less frequent. Guess the OS upgrade has made the signal strength status more accurate?
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  6. #26
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Ya, that's the point. What's with the pop-up right? Kinda dumb though
    just a thought...when you're overseas, u can join different overseas providers...
    eat. drink. shoot

  7. #27
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by TroyP View Post
    this message shows up every time the phone detects no signal from the base station...i got this message even before the push notification update
    eat. drink. shoot

  8. #28
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    just a thought...when you're overseas, u can join different overseas providers...
    But we have autoroam, but is it for local calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    this message shows up every time the phone detects no signal from the base station...i got this message even before the push notification update
    So this is an info pop-up from the phone's program when it looses signal. Maybe at times when it lost its signal we are not even aware of the pop-up unless the phone is always infront of us.
    Guess its just a minor problem that have to be gotten use to
    Take the shot!

  9. #29
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    But we have autoroam, but is it for local calls?

    So this is an info pop-up from the phone's program when it looses signal. Maybe at times when it lost its signal we are not even aware of the pop-up unless the phone is always infront of us.
    Guess its just a minor problem that have to be gotten use to
    autoroam is for overseas.
    eat. drink. shoot

  10. #30
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    autoroam is for overseas.
    I know that the autoroam is for overseas, but what I meant was when in overseas, like you said, we can join other network. But does that means we use the auto roam to connect to the overseas local provider network? Or connect without autoroaming?
    If its connected via the autoroam, does that mean that we have more charges to pay since there's be a few connections before we can make a call. Since our SIM card is still in the phone, autoroam shrges still apply?
    In this case, isn't it cheaper to buy a call card when overseas?
    Take the shot!

  11. #31
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    I know that the autoroam is for overseas, but what I meant was when in overseas, like you said, we can join other network. But does that means we use the auto roam to connect to the overseas local provider network? Or connect without autoroaming?
    If its connected via the autoroam, does that mean that we have more charges to pay since there's be a few connections before we can make a call. Since our SIM card is still in the phone, autoroam shrges still apply?
    In this case, isn't it cheaper to buy a call card when overseas?
    SingTel/Starhub/M1 have agreements with overseas providers to provide mobile service whilst you are overseas. Obviously, there are charges for these overseas providers to provide this service. As such, you have to pay for roaming service while you are overseas. For Singtel, you can subscribe to it's Roaming subscription at $10/mth, or you can choose to use Pay-as-you-roam.

    It might be cheaper to buy a call card, but you don't have the luxury of calling as and when you want on your mobile.

    You might want to call your service provider to get a better idea on how roaming works.
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #32
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: iPhone new cellular push notification

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    SingTel/Starhub/M1 have agreements with overseas providers to provide mobile service whilst you are overseas. Obviously, there are charges for these overseas providers to provide this service. As such, you have to pay for roaming service while you are overseas. For Singtel, you can subscribe to it's Roaming subscription at $10/mth, or you can choose to use Pay-as-you-roam.

    It might be cheaper to buy a call card, but you don't have the luxury of calling as and when you want on your mobile.

    You might want to call your service provider to get a better idea on how roaming works.
    I do know how it works. Just that in this discussion I thot it was something new, hence my questions

    Thanks dude for your time & explanation
    Take the shot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •