Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guide me for my 1st DSLR

Default Re: Guide me for my 1st DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by afiyy View Post
    thats the cleaning kit im referring too.

enlighten me more what is it use for and such ?
    Erm. Pretty obvious, isn't it? Lens cleaning paper and fluid for when your lens is dirty. Blower to dislodge dust from your sensor.
    Alpha

Dry Cabinet issues down here .

If I let it open by not leaving it inside the bag . Will it prompt to fungus ?
    Huh?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If you let what open by not leaving what inside the bag? What does this have to do with your dry cabinet?

Please explain yourself clearly, we cannot read your mind.
    If I let my camera open by not leaving inside the bag att times . Will it prompt to fungus and such ?

If I let my camera open by not leaving inside the bag att times . Will it prompt to fungus and such ?
    You mean if you leave it lying around? Well yes, that's why you should put it in a dry cabinet. If you only leave it in the bag that's even worse!
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Actually I took the risk to leave the camera out in the open environment, until I found a right dry cabinet. It was a 5months risk. Nothing happened...

I recommend you get a dry cabi straight. They are quite cheap, less than $150 and you get good ones.
    my own experience:
    prior to getting my drycab this month, have never put my point & shoots (Olympus C40Z, Canon A620, Canon S90) in drycab, nor my handphone cameras, etc... still all no fungus.

on the other hand, i have an old Yashica film SLR (never been in drycab since maybe 2000). the camera body & 35-70mm has no fungus, but the 70-210mm has fungus on one of the lens elements (but all the other elements are fine). all the filters for these lenses don't have fungus.

seems like hit & miss... not guaranteed that you'll get fungus in 1-2 years (AIPO says it takes about 1-2 years: http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...ad.php?t=88732), but not guaranteed that you won't.

Well for me, i would rather not take the risk. I find tt it is worth it to spend less than $200 for something tt will prevent fungus growth in my equipment. Jus my own POV
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Well for me, i would rather not take the risk. I find tt it is worth it to spend less than $200 for something tt will prevent fungus growth in my equipment. Jus my own POV
    yup, not taking the risk for my current DSLR... for cheap P & S, handphone camera, etc. i think it doesn't matter too much, though, especially if you are the kind to upgrade every 1-2 years (or are looking for an excuse to upgrade every 1-2 years :P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123