Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJC Homecoming

i will be going back with my classmates

Quote Originally Posted by zodnm
    Any NY old boys/gers here?

8th May 2004
    12pm onwards
    NYJC, 128 Serangoon Avenue 3 Singapore 556111

Ex-NYJCians are invited to visit their alma mater and participate in the Home-Coming carnival.

Programme

1200h : Opening of Homecoming Carnival
    1400h : Opening of Eblouissant
    1430h : Opening of NY Alumni Club Room
    1600h : 25th College Day Ceremony(Invited guest only)
    1800h : End of Homecoming Carnival

http://www.nanyangjc.org/Alumni/index.php

Time : 11am
    Venue : Canteen(any other palces? canteen too many ppl)
    We meet, then eat lunch at canteen then go shoot

1)Zod
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    What's the age limit? 1987-1988 batch, so 8th Batch?
    Anyway, what's the tally so far? less than 10?
    Will be there if I can find time.

Regards.

Aiya...since can't go down during homecoming, might as well go down after the homecoming...less crowded too.

Now starting to really miss the JC.

Haha...UL, your time was only black and white shoes allowed right? The rule survived for a looooong time...NY was the only JC that didn't allow multi-coloured sports shoes for school...what a dodo...

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Aiya...since can't go down during homecoming, might as well go down after the homecoming...less crowded too.

Now starting to really miss the JC.

Haha...UL, your time was only black and white shoes allowed right? The rule survived for a looooong time...NY was the only JC that didn't allow multi-coloured sports shoes for school...what a dodo...
    my time (96-97), only allow plain black or plain white shoes also

but a year after I grad, the rule change liao

anyway, when i was in year 2, many pple including myself also heck care the rule and wear other fancy shoes, always got chase after by Discipline Master, I was quite lucky and only got caught on my last day of A level exam, the DM also cannot do anything to me cos exam more important

WAH so many ex NYJCians?!?!?!?!

setz, i dun wanna go liao

later dio sniped

the other day i just saw Miss Mabel Yee my former GP tutor in NUH with her sons....wah...she's even thinner than b4 ....but always having this "smile" on her face

maybe i'll drop by to say hello to her....

the rest of the teachers?........

din have a very good life there anyway

how come NYJC homecoming thread turn to SEED? haha.....
    so anyone interested to meet up for lunch first?

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    oh yah!!! no fancy sports shoes allowed. we fought very hard to change that stupid rule but sigh, when i left it was still in effect. i mean, the mud colour uniform was bad enough (dun get me wrong, i still got feelings for the old JC)but the all-white/black shoe rule?

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong
    the other day i just saw Miss Mabel Yee my former GP tutor in NUH with her sons....wah...she's even thinner than b4 ....but always having this "smile" on her face
    OMG MABEL YEE!!!!!!!! yes i remember her!!! mabel yee of the megawatt smile and the killer stiletto hi-heel shoes... got fond memories of her, she the one that spurred me on to do well in GP.

hmmm...who's tt...tink i slept thru my two years....haha....i grad in 2002....hahah effectively makes me the yuongest NYJCian here...

my time they catch for ankle socks and spiky hair....kaoz.....totally didnt understand them....hair also cannot...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    oh yah!!! no fancy sports shoes allowed. we fought very hard to change that stupid rule but sigh, when i left it was still in effect. i mean, the mud colour uniform was bad enough (dun get me wrong, i still got feelings for the old JC)but the all-white/black shoe rule?

mud? no man. during my time, it evolved to tree trunk

nobody wanna meet up for lunch first?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry
    OMG MABEL YEE!!!!!!!! yes i remember her!!! mabel yee of the megawatt smile and the killer stiletto hi-heel shoes... got fond memories of her, she the one that spurred me on to do well in GP.

yep

she was damn funny

one of the very best teachers then

she really treats us then as "adults"

u dun want to passup your tutorial oso can, she just dun give marks lor...

fondly remember her screeching her nails onto the green chalkboard !!! Man, that was blardy irritating but she was always laughing her head off when she knows we can't tahan the sound. She's one super energetic GP teacher

Oh yeah, speaking of which....i heard the place changed alot...dunno, neber been back b4 eversince i left....but i still remember the 90 degree chairs and tables that can sometimes collapse LOL and the infamous "mona lisa" copycat painting (always play haunted themes for orientation there)

my time oso, black and white only shoes onli...... really kana sai....

imagine mud brown uniform, black and white shoes, carry green umbrella what will u b?

TREE :S

who remember's Mr Tham and his fantastico superfluos Engrawnd every morning during assembly?!?!?!

"YOU! YOU ALL, WHO WALLET IS LOSE?"

yep

she was damn funny

one of the very best teachers then

she really treats us then as "adults"

u dun want to passup your tutorial oso can, she just dun give marks lor...

fondly remember her screeching her nails onto the green chalkboard !!! Man, that was blardy irritating but she was always laughing her head off when she knows we can't tahan the sound. She's one super energetic GP teacher

Oh yeah, speaking of which....i heard the place changed alot...dunno, neber been back b4 eversince i left....but i still remember the 90 degree chairs and tables that can sometimes collapse LOL and the infamous "mona lisa" copycat painting (always play haunted themes for orientation there)

my time oso, black and white only shoes onli...... really kana sai....

imagine mud brown uniform, black and white shoes, carry green umbrella what will u b?

TREE :S

who remember's Mr Tham and his fantastico superfluos Engrawnd every morning during assembly?!?!?!

"YOU! YOU ALL, WHO WALLET IS LOSE?"
    wakakakaka......

I'm the lucky batch who gets to wear b/w shoes for first year only..

Sigh, NYJC had alot of damn "neber use blain" rules.
    and his infamous:-

"OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! COME HERE................. HOW MANY TIME I TELL U, NO WALK GRASS!!!!!! BUSPASS!!!!!!"

what a stupid rule. apparently there's this garden smack in the center of the school compound
    the lectur theatres are smack in the middle of each side of a SQUARE

so its like

.__*__
    |.......|
    *.......*
    |__ __|
    ....*
    the * denotes where the lecture theatres are at

and the __ or | denotes the concrete path along the perimeter of the garden where we go everywhere

ignore the dots

anywayz there's the path is almost an "X" inside this square
    meaning all the paths leads to the CORNERs of the square the garden ....

sometimes when we're late we will run midway thru the X and then cut across towards the lecture theatres thru the garden

and most suay is kana caught by Mr. Tham
    Last edited by plsoong; 7th May 2004 at 10:40 AM.

Sigh, NYJC had alot of damn "neber use blain" rules.
    and his infamous:-

"OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! COME HERE................. HOW MANY TIME I TELL U, NO WALK GRASS!!!!!! BUSPASS!!!!!!"

what a stupid rule. apparently there's this garden smack in the center of the school compound
    the lectur theatres are smack in the middle of each side of a SQUARE

so its like

.__*__
    |.......|
    *.......*
    |__ __|
    ....*
    the * denotes where the lecture theatres are at

and the __ or | denotes the concrete path along the perimeter of the garden where we go everywhere

ignore the dots

anywayz there's the path is almost an "X" inside this square
    meaning all the paths leads to the CORNERs of the square the garden ....

sometimes when we're late we will run midway thru the X and then cut across towards the lecture theatres thru the garden

and most suay is kana caught by Mr. Tham
    omg, u still remember... hahaha

bo liao mar

all these experiences so sure can remember very vividly

my math teacher oso

Mr. Wong Weng Fatt

piangz...every few seconds he will turn around and say, "okay?"

a few of us were so damn bored, took the calculator and added each time he said "okay"

one tutorial = 141-250 times?!

pengz.

so much for NY's vocabs

.__*__
    |.......|
    *.......*
    |__ __|
    ....*
    not 1 at each side la. it was 2 together side by side

__*_*__
    |..........|
    |..........|
    |..........|
    __*_*__

hehe... :P

wai : those pictures are nostalgic!

Wah...ya ya...also for the oldies, still remember the LTs are those wooden bench kinds with a slope as the table. All the things always fall off the sloppy table one. Imagine during the Maths lecture, you have so many foolscap paper running across the table, and you have to spilt your attention between copying the transparencies and preventing all the different coloured pens and the paper from falling off...

The back of the LT is always filled with rubbish and food wrappers.

If you have 2 lectures side by side (not uncommon), good luck for your buttocks...

my time doin construction....LT air con break down all sweat like pigs inside.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast