Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: considering to switch to film and sell off my dslr for a slr

Default Re: considering to switch to film and sell off my dslr for a slr

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Desperate as in short of money? Then I'll be blunt and suggest that maybe cut down on spending for photography, it is no matter what, just a hobby after all. Other things should take priorities.
    erm i am not really short of money. i just hate the long wait. thats all. and switching to film has been on my mind for a pretty long time. yeah so think of a way to save more money in a shorter time.

There're almost new F60 for less than 80$ at TCW ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

It seems u still bent on selling ur DSLR, but u already stated if DSLR u would be getting a Canon for ease of sharing with ur frens then go ahead. IF ur frens willing to share.hehehe.

I also find film very addictive so I had both and same lenses can be use on both also. There are always good and cheap SLR around. Just look around B&S or area around peninsula to find them. The only place I know selling 2nd hand SLRs are B&S,Ebay,TCW,ALEX Photo. There is another one but would not recommend it haha.
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

All my slr cameras cost me 50 to 200bucks max.
    What is the model of the slr that you are eyeing on? Why so ex?

If your intention is to explore film cameras now, and you deem that you wanna switch to canon, then sell your d200. No point keeping somethings that you wont use.

But a dslr is not cheap, if you hate the long wait (to get a slr), then how about one day when you decided to buy a dslr?

Quote Originally Posted by ORENJI-FOY View Post
    i own a second hand nikon d200. i got it last year but after trying out both film and digital, i felt that i am more interested to do film instead. but due to financial constrain... it will take me awhile to save up enough money to get a second hand slr. so i was thinking of selling my d200 and use the money to get a slr and film scanner and some other lenses. but i cannot decide whether keeping my dslr or selling it . for me dslr is kinda like to help me learn and practice photography as it would be cheaper compared to film. but i wanna do film and i find it more interesting. so the question now is to sell or not to sell. if i dun sell i will have to wait and work to save up money for the slr. but if i sell my camera i will be able to get the money faster... in a way.

so advice please!!! thanks!
    Film is for people with deep pocket.
    If you cannot afford a film SLR, it means you will end up in financial debt to develop your film.

i own a second hand nikon d200. i got it last year but after trying out both film and digital, i felt that i am more interested to do film instead. but due to financial constrain... it will take me awhile to save up enough money to get a second hand slr. so i was thinking of selling my d200 and use the money to get a slr and film scanner and some other lenses. but i cannot decide whether keeping my dslr or selling it . for me dslr is kinda like to help me learn and practice photography as it would be cheaper compared to film. but i wanna do film and i find it more interesting. so the question now is to sell or not to sell. if i dun sell i will have to wait and work to save up money for the slr. but if i sell my camera i will be able to get the money faster... in a way.

so advice please!!! thanks!
    jump jump jump! buy buy buy! film! gogogo!
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    jump jump jump! buy buy buy! film! gogogo!
    you remind me of a hyper bunny

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    you remind me of a hyper bunny
    hop hop hop! save save save! hahaha
    sound like some kangaroo. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    If you cannot afford a film SLR, it means you will end up in financial debt to develop your film.
    not really. cos i usually sent my film to develop all a on shot and i usually plan before ahead of time and i slowly save up. so i guess for me developing film is not too big a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrion View Post
    All my slr cameras cost me 50 to 200bucks max.
    What is the model of the slr that you are eyeing on? Why so ex?

If your intention is to explore film cameras now, and you deem that you wanna switch to canon, then sell your d200. No point keeping somethings that you wont use.

But a dslr is not cheap, if you hate the long wait (to get a slr), then how about one day when you decided to buy a dslr?
    true true. i was think of that. cos i seems to be using my dslr lesser and lesser to the point that i think it's collection dust(not literally lah of cos). i currently use my film toy cameras and polaroids more than my dslr. and i was thinking if i dun use it den it'll be a waste. but for now a d200 wouldnt fetch much either. so there is the pro and con lah. and plus i want to change system oso.

anw, i am aiming for a nikon fm2 or some where along that range one. erm i was thinking of getting a nikon em or sth like that but the specs lack sth i want so fm2 wil be the one i would one.

Nikon FM2? Previously someone selling the body for 200Bucks+, is that the acceptable price range for you?

true true. i was think of that. cos i seems to be using my dslr lesser and lesser to the point that i think it's collection dust(not literally lah of cos). i currently use my film toy cameras and polaroids more than my dslr. and i was thinking if i dun use it den it'll be a waste. but for now a d200 wouldnt fetch much either. so there is the pro and con lah. and plus i want to change system oso.

anw, i am aiming for a nikon fm2 or some where along that range one. erm i was thinking of getting a nikon em or sth like that but the specs lack sth i want so fm2 wil be the one i would one.
    If this the case, sell you D200.

With the money, get a FM2 for your photography works and maybe a decent digital p&s for more casual and everyday shoot.

Good to have a digital camera.....sometime i use it to check on the exposure before i shoot with film.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    Erm, dont shoot negs & slides lor..

I shoot B&W & process them myself at home, its not that expensive really

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    don't.
    I have film slrs. too many.
    they are good.

the biggest thing that bugs you after a while is the huge amount of money you spend on processing film and printing them out and in the process making the photo lab owners extremely rich. But they don't really take care of your negtaives, slides or photo prints.
    Yea agreed. Film processing and printing cost alot in long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrion View Post
    Nikon FM2? Previously someone selling the body for 200Bucks+, is that the acceptable price range for you?
    yeah. that is the price i usually find on clubsnap. but still i need to save up quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    If this the case, sell you D200.

With the money, get a FM2 for your photography works and maybe a decent digital p&s for more casual and everyday shoot.

Good to have a digital camera.....sometime i use it to check on the exposure before i shoot with film.
    but i feel that it's risky to be without and plus i am afraid that it wouldnt earn much or at least fetch a good price. yeah.

so after thinking for so long i still dunno whether i should sell it. but kinda thinking that i should just wait and save up instead of selling. anw i think i will cheak out the market first bah. haha
    thanks all!

Blog Entries

so after thinking for so long i still dunno whether i should sell it. but kinda thinking that i should just wait and save up instead of selling. anw i think i will cheak out the market first bah. haha
    thanks all!
    save up. film slrs are now cheap. just get one wiht a system that fits ur current lenses can liao

true true. yeah i think that is what i will do hahaha THANKS!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12