Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: Ntu Photography Club?!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default Ntu Photography Club?!

    hello, anyone here from NTU photography club ah?

  2. #2

    Default

    ex-comm member... can i help you?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Beeshan
    Posts
    1,830

    Default

    oh, just wanna know what do u guys do in the club?

  4. #4

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Hi, I wonder Ntu photography club is it only meant for Ntu alumni club members or any Ntu graduates can also join this club?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Damn.. I didn't even know that NTU had a photography club.. LOL..

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Hi, NTU does have a photo club, called PhotoVideo Society (PVS). Any undergrad can join as a CCA

    Might wanna check this thread out for other NTU photographers..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176413

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by jonsoon View Post
    Hi, NTU does have a photo club, called PhotoVideo Society (PVS). Any undergrad can join as a CCA

    Might wanna check this thread out for other NTU photographers..
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176413
    Thanks.. Guess I am way too late to join now.. LOL..

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    I used to be one of the subcom
    Went thru the dark room course when i was in yr 1......tts abt 4 yrs ago

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    the club isn't even active makes me wonder why i even bothered to pay membership fees. I am from the subcom and NOTHING is heard from the main com since i signed the papers. so much for the main com boasting his ambitious plans to do this and that during interview. There is a senior after leaving NTU stil come back and use the darkroom for personal use!! The way they waste water and resources is really appalling VERY poorly run club.. blah... ::thumbdown::

    but maybe it's just this batch. hopefully the next be better!!!
    Last edited by cookieMonsta; 1st February 2009 at 03:30 PM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
    I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

    Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

    Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    A place where no man can enter
    Posts
    646

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cchsieh View Post
    Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
    I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

    Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

    Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.

    ya lor my BNW darkroom course was free that time leh...quite wu hua lah

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cookieMonsta View Post
    the club isn't even active makes me wonder why i even bothered to pay membership fees. I am from the subcom and NOTHING is heard from the main com since i signed the papers. so much for the main com boasting his ambitious plans to do this and that during interview. There is a senior after leaving NTU stil come back and use the darkroom for personal use!! The way they waste water and resources is really appalling VERY poorly run club.. blah... ::thumbdown::

    but maybe it's just this batch. hopefully the next be better!!!
    they are not super active, a little laid back.. cater more to newbie/fundamental... cycle repeats with new influx of new member yearly.. if only they got share content of the hard to get module PHO215 or something then will be good

    me many years in ntu liao.. only go their welcome tea session see see look look a couple of times.. a lot of people.. got see some member quite "up" and full of themself.. but me newbie cannot offer my opinion lah..
    Last edited by proteonXPR; 2nd February 2009 at 01:21 AM.
    pedantic.

  14. #14
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    north pole
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cchsieh View Post
    Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
    I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

    Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

    Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.
    wow, not the reply i expect from a main committee member. Frankly, you seem very defensive and i hope you choose your words careful for you reflect your club!

    as for that active alumni i cannot help but think how valuable is deem valuable.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    what do you expect from a school thats 50% engineering ah bengs, 45% ah tiongs and 5% goreng pisang.

    no concept of a civilised, non-lambasting kind of reply, just stoop to the level of the people who insult their club.

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    do not wash your dirty laundry in public

    play nice

  17. #17
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by cchsieh View Post
    Maincom of pvs here. First, i would like to clarify tha claim the club is inactive. This academic year,we had serval course and activities aimed at beginers. One basic photography course,videography course and two B&W darkroom course (last sem and this sem) and a photo montage. The membership fee is used primary to give discount to courses.
    I understand that we havent had any programme that needed the help of subcomm therefore most of the event are just run by maincoms.

    Secondly, the senior you mentioned is an active alumnni who possesed valuable knowledge in darkroom and also help out in the maintainnence of the darkroom. We dont see any wrong in letting him use under the supervision of maincoms.

    Thirdly, making prints in darkroom waste water, I agree with this but its part of the print making. We can only try to reduce the waste of water.
    hmm... i have to disagree with you. i think the club has been heading downhill.. i wish more was done and frankly i am disappointed as well..

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Yes, I personally feel that the club isnt doing a lot this semester. Last semester is better when different workshops are there to cater to the students.

    Now, i havent recieved any emails regarding any workshops this semester. I feel like spending money on the membership is pretty waste of money because there are not many workshops to begin with to have any discounts.

    I am here to give some of my opinions, no offense. Since i am not the only one who feels the same way.
    Passion for Photography

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    north
    Posts
    1,178

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Quote Originally Posted by chikubang View Post
    Yes, I personally feel that the club isnt doing a lot this semester. Last semester is better when different workshops are there to cater to the students.

    Now, i havent recieved any emails regarding any workshops this semester. I feel like spending money on the membership is pretty waste of money because there are not many workshops to begin with to have any discounts.

    I am here to give some of my opinions, no offense. Since i am not the only one who feels the same way.
    time to hear from the main comm!! Seems like pretty few unhappy members here from PVS

    BTW cchsieh the photo montage email was sent with only 3 days notice and you ranting and being so defensive didnt help clarifying matters. personally and no offense intended, i doubt i will renew my membership and definitely will NOT introduce freshies to part with their money. Another point proteonXPR mention about 'up' members, yeah sad but true some of them are really snobbish.

    FYI:

    Attached is the emailed sent to many of us to prove how late notice was served! if it was indeed such a major event, i didn't think 3 days did justice to it.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Farrer Park
    Posts
    989

    Default Re: Ntu Photography Club?!

    Mmmm...

    I'm more concerned whether there's CCA pts being awarded as a subcomm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •