Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How many of you anti-touch up your pics?

Default Re: How many of you anti-touch up your pics?

Quote Originally Posted by eltonteo View Post
    thanks you all for the contribution... was just wondering many of us out there actually do PP their pics... well, can't deny, old school of thoughts and technic cam to do 1 shot 1 kill... but how many are actually in that league? I am wow by technology and I am also in the IT industry and therefore not anti new trend... but seeing how people PP pics until flawless and to the extent of the photos looks different from the real person really gives me the creep... we take pics to retain the best moments... but making what we retain looks different from the real person, isn't that too much bluffing? I might as well say I used to look like Aaron Kwok, David Beckham or whosoever to my grandchildren when I reach 80 years old?
    question u should really ask yourself is..wtf do u care what others do to their pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Actually there is a blind spot in everybody's vision as there are no photorecptors in the region of the optic disc, the brain automatically fills in this blind spot with information from the surrounding region exactly like the content-aware fill feature in Adobe Photoshop CS5.

Amazing isn't it.
    Wow... my eyes have Content Aware fill?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Wow... my eyes have Content Aware fill?
    Some people autofill their vision with unnecessary information and ends up at the IMH resort.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Dead horse
    Last edited by eyes; 21st July 2010 at 02:04 PM.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Think the question should be phrased as "do you consider yourself as a good photographer or a better DI artist?". Some photographers do proper settings to get the correct pictures, while some do DI with that in mind or to salvage it.

Quote Originally Posted by eltonteo View Post
    I just want to do a poll, how many of you out there are anti post processing of pics and belong to the old school of thoughts that real photographers would not do post process. Even if need be is minimal and just to cover pimple etc?
    this is not OLD SCHOOL, don't glamourise your thought if you don't know much about the subject.

everything that you can do in photoshop was done before in the darkroom - it was what photoshop was modelled after. so if the people that choose not to do PP do so thinking that they are retro, and cool and damn hip and feel like some wu shu master like ip man battling against guns.. they are so deluded and ignorant AND arrogant.

now, if you can produce good enough results with in-cam settings, then good for you. if you are just going to add a tag to all your photos saying I NEVER PHOTOSHOP LEH, SO NOT AS GOOD, directly or indirectly, then you are a lazy fool. simple as that.
    Last edited by night86mare; 21st July 2010 at 04:34 PM.

let me ask you a question :

do you see the world through a 4 sided frame?

no? that's what i thought so. better make sure you take photos that only cover the equivalent angle of your peripheral vision, which would not be a 4 sided frame.

if you want to be a purist, take it all the way. also, make sure that the DR of all your photos match what you see in real life. as to how, i don't know, maybe you can try to pray for the world to stop so that the light won't change.. and then you actually realise that you WOULD have to photoshop because your camera doesn't handle brightness like your eyes do. and that's even if you can get the world to stop for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12