My wife's family used to stay near Newton Circus, that place was prone to flooding all the time but after they make improvements in the drainage this has become non-existence until most recently. Yesterday's rain was intense and quite long. I just hope this does not happen during National Day celebrations.
NEA now days charge user for accessing their Radar info for 70km range and above and the wind speed/direction too. Is hard for Meteo lover to predict/forecast in time.
Nowadays, heads don't roll, just that it is an honest mistake and we have to move on.
1) Mas Selamat
2) Flood in Orchard
3) DBS network down
4) Transportation woes
Unfortunately, the authorities just pick and choose to their advantage, if you look at so and so countries, Singapore is still better.
I don't remember burger king at Liat towers ever being damaged so badly by floods. But ever since wendy took over, twice in one month is a bit weird.
Last edited by alantkh; 18th July 2010 at 09:39 AM.
I pity lucky plaza cameras and lens and hope that no good legacy lens or value cameras is caught in the flood. At least pray the shop owner chiong in and save those lens. The one still in production can still afford to perish
Look on the bright side. You got water to drink. Heard rumors that some people in the past 10 years ago threaten if don't lend money, .............
probably true.. better flood than the reservoirs dry up.
Even if got newater plants.. they still need used water to be able to process..
Yesterday even Lower Pierce reservoir was flooded. The boardwalk along the reservoir was completely submerged.
Well.. flooding occur due to green house effect. Recent years the weather is getting from bad to worst. Temperature has been on the raise these few years.
Monsoon season came later than it used to be while the dry season seem to get hotter nowadays..
Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
Everyone knows that the Merlion is always pouring out "money" from the wealth generated by the garment.
now the 2 casinos made so much for us, the Merlion is having a big problem. So the heaven overflow ..........
Maybe the garment should consider making another 1,000 Merlions to help, put them all along the waterfront, facing the casinos and i think this will pacify the heaven.
always the Light, .... always.
Best Selling items at Orchard Road right now :
1. Sampan ( for drivers who's expansive cars are trapped in the basement car parks or stalled on the road )
2. Paddle for sampan ( see above )
3. Rubber boots ( a.k.a PCK yellow boots )
4. Mask & Snorkel Set ( for those who need to retrieve valuable items in their submerged vehicles )
5. Wet Tissue ( to wipe off those mud marks )
6. Mops & dustpan ( to scope away water in the shops )
7. Insurance plans for "acts of god" on property & vehicles
Most sought after talents ( Urgent, immediate positions ) :
1. Mechanics ( who specialise in reviving stalled engines, )
2. PO ( who can identify "man with camera, in danger of putting himself or others in danger ) P.S free handcuffs for talents who can start work immediately
3. Photographer ( who can evade arrest and being cuffed by over-zealous PO )
4. Paddler ( Not the ping pong player, those who can paddle a sampan, pls see " Best selling items at Orchard road "
Last edited by stonefish35; 19th July 2010 at 02:41 AM.
Whenever there is a typhoon coming, there are always alerts coming in well ahead to evacuate people, boats and ships sail away and so on.
But our weatherman has never given any useful alerts to warn people. That is why so many are caught unprepared and so much losses incurred.
Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......