Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 166

Thread: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

  1. #141

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I will have to strongly disagree with u. Doesn't mean any new camera model appears u must upgrade. Like this, u're not into photography or know the true meaning of it but rather just an 'equipment follower' and there's no end to upgrading unless u supply me the money everytime.

    To me the so called upgrade ain't significant and doesn't justify a true upgrade.
    I have a suspicion that new buyers aren't going to look at it that way.

  2. #142
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    I have a suspicion that new buyers aren't going to look at it that way.
    Well definitely as they don't even have a LX3 to start with to upgrade, but what i'm saying are existing LX3 users. My opinion is still not worth to upgrade at all since LX3 is still very usable.

    The bottomline is use what's enough for u and dun waste money just for the sake of keeping up with the latest model.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  3. #143

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by NazgulKing View Post
    I have a suspicion that new buyers aren't going to look at it that way.
    not necessary, i have friends who are waiting to get LX3 once the price drop, its more affordable especially for those that like D-Lux 4.

  4. #144

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Upgrade! I heard it is very good for test shot.

  5. #145

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    For your info, some people had to spend over $200 (lens component) just to repair their out-of-date compact cam after warranty has ended.

    Some of them could have sold off at $200-$300 and use the money to upgrade, but they kept it till it goes beyond economical repair and end up trading in to Canon for a mere $40.







    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Well definitely as they don't even have a LX3 to start with to upgrade, but what i'm saying are existing LX3 users. My opinion is still not worth to upgrade at all since LX3 is still very usable.

    The bottomline is use what's enough for u and dun waste money just for the sake of keeping up with the latest model.
    I love photography but my photos suck!

  6. #146
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    again no filter thread.
    stupid low class trick to force people to spend money to buy a barrel adapter.
    same silliness with other manufacturers

    only designers of fz35 (and 28?) smart enough to build in filter thread

  7. #147

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by muvouser View Post
    Disagree. Better to dump LX3 now before the price dipped like mad. Now still can sell $500 plus, only lose a bit. But when LX5 second hand set comes on board, the LX3 will probably only sell for $300 or less.

    Top up some and upgrade to LX5 and you get a new cam with renewed warranty, better feature such as faster AF etc. Keep your LX3 and should you need to spend $$$ to repair, you could have used the money for a nice upgrade instead.

    Here's an analogy: You are now stucked with your Pentium 4 notebook and you can not even sell it at 10% of what you paid for.
    save ur analogy for ur self...camera is for taking a photo, not for buy and then sell it away for upgrade to a newer model...and camera can last for many years, unlike notebook...

  8. #148

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    My heavily used ACER notebook is still running excellently (touch wood). I bought it in March 2003 and have been using it, abusing it throughout the day for the last 7+ years already. All I did was upgrade the RAM and buy an external hard disk since then to keep up with my work demands. In contrast my seven year old cameras aren't worth taking pictures with anymore! IQ is horrid compared to current cameras... especially at mid to high ISOs. LOL!

  9. #149

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    You seem to be contradicting yourself. In May 2010, you posted:

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showp...56&postcount=6


    #6 26th May 2010
    flintflameinferno
    New Member Join Date: Mar 2010
    Posts: 38

    Re: Upgrade to D90 fm D40x. Need help!

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    d40/40x to d90...it's so natural, like evolution...u wont regret it..


    flintflameinferno








    Quote Originally Posted by flintflameinferno View Post
    save ur analogy for ur self...camera is for taking a photo, not for buy and then sell it away for upgrade to a newer model...and camera can last for many years, unlike notebook...
    Last edited by muvouser; 20th August 2010 at 03:11 PM.
    I love photography but my photos suck!

  10. #150

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    LOL, ts asked which cam is recommended to upgrade his d40, i have nikon d90, so i recomm him go to nikon d90....simple..
    i have lx3 for street photography and nikon d90 for more serious shooting....
    do i need to upgrade my lx3 to lx5 just to save my money?

    Quote Originally Posted by muvouser View Post
    You seem to be contradicting yourself.
    lol.... btw, camera is not notebook, but maybe ur analogy is correct...who knows?...
    sorry if my comment sounds offend u...
    Last edited by flintflameinferno; 20th August 2010 at 05:08 PM.

  11. #151

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    My heavily used ACER notebook is still running excellently (touch wood). I bought it in March 2003 and have been using it, abusing it throughout the day for the last 7+ years already. All I did was upgrade the RAM and buy an external hard disk since then to keep up with my work demands. In contrast my seven year old cameras aren't worth taking pictures with anymore! IQ is horrid compared to current cameras... especially at mid to high ISOs. LOL!
    cool!
    camera or notebook.. it's just a tool..
    have fun with it...

  12. #152

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification


  13. #153
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by muvouser View Post
    For your info, some people had to spend over $200 (lens component) just to repair their out-of-date compact cam after warranty has ended.

    Some of them could have sold off at $200-$300 and use the money to upgrade, but they kept it till it goes beyond economical repair and end up trading in to Canon for a mere $40.
    But go think for yrself, how many would have such a case where their LX3 becomes faulty and have to spend so much to repair?

    There's no end to upgrading, that is if u always have lots of money. Even so, there're much better things for the money than upgrading all the time.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  14. #154

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Hardwarezone has just posted the DMC-LX5 Reviews!


    http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/produ...9/review/73245


    A numbers of direct comparison were made between LX-3 and LX-5.

    Their view on ISO performance:

    1) ISO performance has indeed been improved.

    2) The difference in image noise between the LX3 and the LX5 is that while the LX5 is clearer with less image noise, the LX3 is sharper with more image noise.

    3) From ISO4000 upwards, the camera automatically drops resolution down to 3MP (2112 x 1408).

    4) Toning down the sharpening, might not sit well with the pixel peeping crowd, but for the average user, we wager they'll like how much clearer their photos look overall.

  15. #155

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Wow, 9.5/10 score! That's really impressive!

  16. #156

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    any idea whether the ricoh lc-1 lens cap can still be used on the LX5 like in LX3?

  17. #157

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterXtreme View Post
    any idea whether the ricoh lc-1 lens cap can still be used on the LX5 like in LX3?
    Curious about this too. And does the LX3 view finder fit LX5?

  18. #158

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by HunterXtreme View Post
    any idea whether the ricoh lc-1 lens cap can still be used on the LX5 like in LX3?
    Hi HunterXtreme

    LX-5 Lens thread has been changed. It is wider than LX-3’s. Ricoh LC-1 Lens Cap no longer fits.

    More details here and here…..

  19. #159
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    1,478

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by FeiFei View Post
    LX-5 Lens thread has been changed. It is wider than LX-3’s. Ricoh LC-1 Lens Cap no longer fits.
    the lens barrel diameter of course will change, that's a normal trade-off when zoom is increased.

  20. #160

    Default Re: Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Specification

    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    Curious about this too. And does the LX3 view finder fit LX5?
    Both the EVF and OVF fits onto the LX5. The limitation of the OVF is still the same, which is limited to only 24mm, however, the EVF does not have this limitation, just FYI.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •