Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: Motivation(s)....

  1. #41

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post

    Money do make life easier... but does it make you happy...
    Hart
    does it make u happy when your bills are paid on time? everytime

    probably not eh? No kick in there. Where's the thrill? Emotional satisfaction of no late fees? nah!

  2. #42

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Interesting thread here...
    Thanks...

    Do contribute about what you think...

    It is essential to keep the positive things going so it benefits all that read the thread.

    Regards,

    Hart

  3. #43

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    yea, once u reach a stage where u don't need the money as a driving force, u dump it like your ex. Forgetting that it was IT that drove you to do what u r doing now...now your new fling is Ms emotional happiness...while still sleeping with Ms Money on every job..

    men..
    By having focus on emotional needs does not make one forget about the first objective to stay afloat.

    Motivation change over the course based on your situation and condition... I do admit and I said it again and again... Yes, money is often the initial motivation... but for those that make it happen rarely only fuel with money.

    This thread is not design to argue if money or any other factor form the motivation behind everyone driving force, but it is a thread to share what motivates people...

    it is very clear that true motivation of yours is money and there is nothing wrong with it, however, I don't see the real benefit of yours to try to make sure people agree with your opinion that money is and the only objective achieve anything in helping others?

    It is a series of thread that I would like to start to show people the positive outlook in everyone (or in laymen terms, things that are good inside everyone).

    I hope I make it clear enough now.

    Regards,

    Hart

  4. #44

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    does it make u happy when your bills are paid on time? everytime

    probably not eh? No kick in there. Where's the thrill? Emotional satisfaction of no late fees? nah!
    You have truncated my wording... I did say, only you can answer that for yourself...

    There, you said it loud and clear... and you are perfectly right to think that way and there isn't anything wrong...

    Some may disagree and they are absolutely right too...

    I am not here with an agenda to swing people to think one way or another, my pure initiative is to create a few thread to show the positive sides....whether it benefit the reader or not, it is up to them.

    Regards,

    Hart

  5. #45
    Member tammyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    brunei, malaysia, singapore
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    When i was little (prob 20 years ago.. lol), i was moved to tears by a Tv Commercial. It's about family, although i can't remember the full details, i do remember, it "touched" me. It make me cry a little, make me smile, and it stays in my heart.

    19 years later, i pick up photography, not professionally, just to create something that i like, to turn my imaginary into a real picture, to push the boundaries of what i can and can't do, and the main aim, i want to "touch" ppl, to see the smile, the gratitude, the appreciation from them... That's my ultimate motivation.
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

  6. #46

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    By
    This thread is not design to argue if money or any other factor form the motivation behind everyone driving force, but it is a thread to share what motivates people...


    Hart
    Is there a difference? between the 2?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    your next immediate and only motivation will be $ when u don't have a job for the next half a year. But of cos u have so your motivation shifts to "leaving a legacy of my photos"...for the next 6 months...at least.

    just saying

  8. #48

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    When i was little (prob 20 years ago.. lol), i was moved to tears by a Tv Commercial. It's about family, although i can't remember the full details, i do remember, it "touched" me. It make me cry a little, make me smile, and it stays in my heart.

    19 years later, i pick up photography, not professionally, just to create something that i like, to turn my imaginary into a real picture, to push the boundaries of what i can and can't do, and the main aim, i want to "touch" ppl, to see the smile, the gratitude, the appreciation from them... That's my ultimate motivation.
    er, i think the TS asked what's the motivation of working photographers not hobbyists.

  9. #49
    Member hotwork77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    119'37.70"N 10347'39.19"E
    Posts
    1,353

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    I think looking back after awhile, I tend to feel that we are like a production line...born...breed...die.

    The desire now is to stand out from the crowd and be counted. Today I do something different. Today I ...
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

  10. #50

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    When i was little (prob 20 years ago.. lol), i was moved to tears by a Tv Commercial. It's about family, although i can't remember the full details, i do remember, it "touched" me. It make me cry a little, make me smile, and it stays in my heart.

    19 years later, i pick up photography, not professionally, just to create something that i like, to turn my imaginary into a real picture, to push the boundaries of what i can and can't do, and the main aim, i want to "touch" ppl, to see the smile, the gratitude, the appreciation from them... That's my ultimate motivation.
    Very nice motivation indeed... when times get harder, you will always need to recall back these motivations and it should helps you realise that sometimes life isn't perfect.

    Hart

  11. #51

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I think looking back after awhile, I tend to feel that we are like a production line...born...breed...die.

    The desire now is to stand out from the crowd and be counted. Today I do something different. Today I ...
    Great to start to think to stand out from the crowd... when your mind desire, it will help you to find a way... just make sure you know how to separate between wishful thinking and strong belief that helps to produce actions to support you to stand out from the crowd.

    Hart

  12. #52
    Member tammyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    brunei, malaysia, singapore
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    er, i think the TS asked what's the motivation of working photographers not hobbyists.
    Errrrrr.... read this....

    *i can't help much here as i am just a hobbyist trying to earn some $ with camera*


    *you don't have to be pro to comment... It is about the motivation that took you to start shooting...*



    FYI, i am not just a hobbyists, i am an aspiring fashion photographer. The goal, ain't easy. But its the motivation that keeps me going.
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

  13. #53
    Member tammyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    brunei, malaysia, singapore
    Posts
    219

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    cheers~

    Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Very nice motivation indeed... when times get harder, you will always need to recall back these motivations and it should helps you realise that sometimes life isn't perfect.

    Hart
    The thing that i fear the most, is that my pictures will bore you to death...

  14. #54

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by tammyt View Post
    FYI, i am not just a hobbyists, i am an aspiring fashion photographer. The goal, ain't easy. But its the motivation that keeps me going.
    Best of luck with your venture...

    Of course, if you think we could off any help, let us know.

    Regards,

    Hart

  15. #55
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    all motivation(s) is a subset of $. Thanks for the chuckle
    I dun quite agree.... there may be other factors like wanting to right a social injustice through this job. $ may be a subset or a means to this end and not the final destination.
    G

  16. #56

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    There are things that are right and things that are no so right and there are things that require you to ignore or do nothing.

    If u know what I mean.

    Hart

  17. #57
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    1,105

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    There are things that are right and things that are no so right and there are things that require you to ignore or do nothing.

    If u know what I mean.

    Hart
    haha...i am not 100% sure but prb get the drift of what u mean...
    G

  18. #58

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Quote Originally Posted by godzilla60 View Post
    I dun quite agree.... there may be other factors like wanting to right a social injustice through this job. $ may be a subset or a means to this end and not the final destination.
    u mean like photojournalists wanting to expose social issues thru pictures? Give me a break!

  19. #59

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    Dear Lancey,

    this topic is to encourage people to talk about their motivation for doing photography and it is not difficult to understand that.

    We know and you said it a lot of time, money is your motivation, I thank you for your contribution.

    On the other hand, if you would like to express your opinion about things that motivate others and be negative about it.. Please start your own thread.

    If one's glass is full, how would one fill it more without splling it.

    Regards,

    Hart
    Last edited by Agetan; 5th August 2010 at 08:29 PM.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Motivation(s)....

    disagreeing with godzilla60 was being negative? didn't he disagree with me also? just a manner of speech my friend. why so negative? oooops

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •