Thread: CF for D70

Default CF for D70

morning ppl.

me newbie to digital photography. like to raise some ques.

regarding abt the CF D70 using. CF as known is big in size & there is smaller memory cards being produce to replace bigger card which thus result more compact design for cameras to come.

Would it be a consideration factor, if buyer would think of, when purchasing D70 which is using a older technology memory card.???

Pls share ur comments. Thks

Which card do you have in mind to replace it??
    From my understanding, since D70 is a DSLR with high megapixel count, you will need a storage card with high capacity (500+ MB maybe..)
    So far not many storage card has that kind of storage capacity. Also if your worries is older technologies, CF card design is not that obsolete and i think what really matters is capacity and writing speed which CF is not bad at it at all.
    And if you worry about compact size, to quote Simon from American Idol:
    "Compact design and DSLR are like chocolate ice cream and onion"

Default CF? SD? sony MS?

Hi,

My choice is to get something bidgger and the reason is .. it would always an attachment available be it 3rd party or.. for instance, the SD memory card could be easy slot into a CF and use in camera using the latter. So choice is clear.

Think about the compact size in manufacturng a camera, the consideration for manufacturer would go for something which is more versatile instead and most would agreed that CF is not a backdated technology neither SD or MS is advance, the development of the memory cards released at the same time... I believed that's why the high end Digital Camera still going for CF.."Canon DSLR, Nikon DSLR and others....

Juz my tot

use Lexar for your D70. Lexar has WA technology which can be fully utilised with some latest Nikon's camera.

Thumbs up

You may consider ether Lexara or Transcend with 512Mb or above.

You may visit the URL:
    eastgear
    hardwarezone

CF is perhaps old but it's the most mature, has the highest capacities and the fastest among all.

Quote Originally Posted by shineshy
    morning ppl.

me newbie to digital photography. like to raise some ques.

regarding abt the CF D70 using. CF as known is big in size & there is smaller memory cards being produce to replace bigger card which thus result more compact design for cameras to come.

Would it be a consideration factor, if buyer would think of, when purchasing D70 which is using a older technology memory card.???

Pls share ur comments. Thks
    erm, am I correct in my understanding of your statement that you are debating the purchase of a D70 due to the fact that it uses 'older technology memory card'?

If so, I personally would think that types of memory card used is not a major factor in purchase of a DSLR (though it's one of the factors). I wouldn't be too worried about new technology coming out and obsoleting your 512 Scandisk or Lexar or whatever. Afterall, you can still them in the D70 and take good pictures right? So what if some new fangled card comes out?

just a few cents worth..

it's actually a valid concern (e.g. it may not be a very good idea to buy an APS SLR now) but CF will be around for a long time more. so no worries

another way of looking at the issue is that DSLRs are not like the small and compact P&S which would benefit so much from a memory card of a smaller form factor ....

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    it's actually a valid concern (e.g. it may not be a very good idea to buy an APS SLR now) but CF will be around for a long time more. so no worries
    1D MkII using SD too. Somemore damn fast.

For dSLRs, big enough to use CF lar. heh.... So it should be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    Ah, but APS is film... you have to continually buy film to shoot. But for memory cards, it's more of a one off purchase, no need to continually buy unless your card spoils.

That being said, I recognise that type of cards used is a factor in DSLR (as I said previously), but not one of the major factors (for me at least )