Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prank

think that guy might had know you personally...... did you offend anyone lately?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    one question. how come the offence is committed on your birthday??

people do things for various reasons...

definitely the person had a grudge against Oeyvind... for whatever reasons we do not know. In the course of investigation work, the police would definitely ask for possible feuds. As I mentioned in my earlier thread, it is one thing to hate someone. It is entirely another matter to seek to destroy him by such underhand methods.

just because all this could be troublesome does not mean that we should condone or allow it. If we do, we are telling the world that such individuals could literally brag about their "conquests". It is sad that anyone, oeyvind in this case, has to be the victim but a crime has been committed. It takes courage to pursue the matter rather than let the whole affair die away. If we cannot defend our integrity, what else is there to fight for?

Quote Originally Posted by rncw
    but by then, i dun think he/she can answer you....maybe rubbing iron bars then...
    wahaha.... 5 years in the slammer, rubbing an iron bar into a needle with which he can prick himself to make sure he isn't dreaming...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    think that guy might had know you personally...... did you offend anyone lately?
    whoaaaa.... no names pls..... last thing we want now is a witchhunt..... !

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    From my perspective, it will be much better to exercise caution on our own part in future. For instance, refrain from posting mobile numbers online, or even unnecessarily publicising ur email addy (which might not be possible for some). Some people might also benefit from maintaining a clear and calm mind when posting so that they do not make enemies online too often. Civility in postings can help greatly too.
    What you have described above is prevention. It is part of the solution, but in itself is incomplete. Let me describe an analogy. We have neighbourhood watches and regular patrols to keep the crime rate down. Regardless of this, crimes will continue to be committed. From your perspective, taking a robbery for example, perhaps the blame should be placed on the victim for carrying so much money around? After all, he could have prevented it by leaving his cash in the bank.

One thing I've learned from lawyers is that some cases might not be worth pursuing. Imagine going after every tom dick and harry that copies the design of your website. The cost effectiveness isnt there. You can have a rock solid case, but is it worth the cost involved? What do you get out of it??
    I think we are all well and truly aware of that. I think since this concerns oeyvind, he should be the one deciding whether it is worth the effort. He has decided that it is. As for part of the lawyers/authorities, they are capable of making whatever decision they need to take.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    What you have described above is prevention. It is part of the solution, but in itself is incomplete. Let me describe an analogy. We have neighbourhood watches and regular patrols to keep the crime rate down. Regardless of this, crimes will continue to be committed. From your perspective, taking a robbery for example, perhaps the blame should be placed on the victim for carrying so much money around? After all, he could have prevented it by leaving his cash in the bank.
    Here's another analogy: You place you money on the sidewalk, thinking that it won't be lost or stolen since the place is patrolled. So a thief picks up that money and run..... U think the police will treat this case as a break-in?

It will be all that more difficult for the robber to make off with the money if it was under lock and key don't u think?

I'm not condoning robbery, mind you, nor do i think that perpetrator should go free. But unless someone can convince the police to take up the case....

Identity theft???

spoofing somebody's email address, ID, handphone, to send/post bogus message?

whether the police will take up the case or not, i dun think thats so important. what to do is to convince the magistrate that an offence punishable my law have been committed, and the rest will be up to the court to do their work.

yes...it's clearly punishable by law.
    Last edited by rncw; 3rd May 2004 at 04:16 PM.

Here's another analogy: You place you money on the sidewalk, thinking that it won't be lost or stolen since the place is patrolled. So a thief picks up that money and run..... U think the police will treat this case as a break-in?

It will be all that more difficult for the robber to make off with the money if it was under lock and key don't u think?

I'm not condoning robbery, mind you, nor do i think that perpetrator should go free. But unless someone can convince the police to take up the case....
    nah... this one is better;
    someone takes your handphone without your permission and uses it to sms lewd messages to your frens. or worse.... make fake terror/bomb threats to the authorities. you are subsequently surprised that the police decide to investigate and press charges against the miscreant, after tracking him down via his fingerprints.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    nah... this one is better;
    someone takes your handphone without your permission and uses it to sms lewd messages to your frens. or worse.... make fake terror/bomb threats to the authorities. you are subsequently surprised that the police decide to investigate and press charges against the miscreant, after tracking him down via his fingerprints.
    That would be great! I'd be very happy that the police decided to investigate.

Now what would happen if no finger prints were found, since the person wiped off all print before putting the phone back and I can't remember who I offended recently?

Anyway, my accounts will be gone by 5pm, so I really don't care if anyone still wanna "refute" my initial post.... Hope you guys get what u want. Apparently diversity of opinions isn't one of those things u want.

I will leave it to the readers to judge who has the better analogy.

To keep the message simple, you are just thinking about prevention. What do you propose should be done after the act has happened, as in this case? Everyone has perfect hindsight, don't you think? Your comments are nowhere constructive. Aren't you suggesting that to let the guy go, because it is not worth it to pursue? You are not oeyvind nor a lawyer nor a police officer - you are in no position to decide for them. Do not interfere with oeyvind's right to pursue the case, unless he is breaking the law by doing so.

Now what would happen if no finger prints were found, since the person wiped off all print before putting the phone back and I can't remember who I offended recently?

Anyway, my accounts will be gone by 5pm, so I really don't care if anyone still wanna "refute" my initial post.... Hope you guys get what u want. Apparently diversity of opinions isn't one of those things u want.
    ah.... then he is as clever as he is vicious.... justice may come to him later... but it will come to him eventually.

what? leaving so soon? wuz having a great time feeding u!

Troll, you are welcome to voice any differing comments or opinions. Likewise people are welcome to voice their opinions concerning yours. Hence wouldn't it seem that in this thread, this comment only applies to you?

Troll
    Guests

I will leave it to the readers to judge who has the better analogy.

To keep the message simple, you are just thinking about prevention. What do you propose should be done after the act has happened, as in this case? Everyone has perfect hindsight, don't you think? Your comments are nowhere constructive. Aren't you suggesting that to let the guy go, because it is not worth it to pursue? You are not oeyvind nor a lawyer nor a police officer - you are in no position to decide for them. Do not interfere with oeyvind's right to pursue the case, unless he is breaking the law by doing so.
    I'm sure u have the "better" analogy. (What with everyone seeing only the obvious perspective)

It's astounding how a simple opinion, given with good intent, can make one into a demon here and even make the person become a suspect.

Good luck to all in getting what u want.

Hello Sin,
    I just give you a question: why you have to eat if you know that you will hungry again later on?
    Well nice to hear that you still around and kicking....
    Cheers,
    Thedi David
    W204FL

I'm sure u have the "better" analogy. (What with everyone seeing only the obvious perspective)

It's astounding how a simple opinion, given with good intent, can make one into a demon here and even make the person become a suspect.

no one ever considered u a demon.
    on the contrary we think u are fun to feed!

Troll
    Guests

Troll, you are welcome to voice any differing comments or opinions. Likewise people are welcome to voice their opinions concerning yours. Hence wouldn't it seem that in this thread, this comment only applies to you?
    My apologies for not putting things into perspective.

I must have imagined all the hostilities and suspicions in the earlier posts.

Good day to all.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    no one ever considered u a demon.
    on the contrary we think u are fun to feed!
    Thanks for the food.
    I enjoyed it tremendously!

Have fun all.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthunter
    Hello Sin,
    I just give you a question: why you have to eat if you know that you will hungry again later on?
    Well nice to hear that you still around and kicking....
    Cheers,
    Thedi David
    I understand not the point of the question.

"Why DO you have to eat, if you know that you will BE hungry again later on?"

I think that's a biological question. U DO know that eating is a biological need, don't you?

And I still don't understand what that question has to do with what we're discussing here?

And Cheers to you too, Knight.

My dear, that is but one sentence in my post. You have not answered my queries at all.

My dear, that is but one sentence in my post. You have not answered my queries at all.
    melnjes.... ur queries are simply TOO DIFFICULT!

as a wise man once said... "evasion is a lousy way to dispel suspicion"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast