Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Prank

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Thanks much for the kind advice Troll. I'm sure we all will appreciate your views, me included definitely.

I'm one of the victims where this culprit has posted his 'views' on my PBase site. Was pretty embarassed after seeing such posting. Thought this might have scared off others who liked the pictures I've taken.
    nah.... no worries.... just delete the posting (that's what i did) and everything will soon be a dim distant memory....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Troll
    Guests

I'm one of the victims where this culprit has posted his 'views' on my PBase site. Was pretty embarassed after seeing such posting. Thought this might have scared off others who liked the pictures I've taken.
    Hi Virgo,

Has seen your pics. And really liked the Harbour Bridge at Night one. I'm a sucker for colours.

And about people being scared off, my opinion is: Let your pictures do the talking; why worry about some prank comments?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    nah.... no worries.... just delete the posting (that's what i did) and everything will soon be a dim distant memory....
    I'm allowing it stay there for 24 hours before removing it, to facilitate the PBase team to investigate into this matter, and to clear Oeyvind of his name.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Cool it guys. It's really hot out there already. Don't make this place a furnace!
    Yes Virgo right, let's cool our head together and laugh together at this "sin"
    (ice cream is optional)
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=72768

Sorry for the thick skinned referal to my own pic

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Hi Virgo,

Has seen your pics. And really liked the Harbour Bridge at Night one. I'm a sucker for colours.

And about people being scared off, my opinion is: Let your pictures do the talking; why worry about some prank comments?

Cheers
    Glad you like the pics.

Yes, why worry? I can simply delete it off. No problem for me. However, on the other hand, being a network administrator, I'm pretty annoyed about such issues, and I will fully support Oeyvind in persuing this matter.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Yes Virgo right, let's cool our head together and laugh together at this "sin"
    (ice cream is optional)
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=72768

Sorry for the thick skinned referal to my own pic
    It's a nice referral to cool things off! Nice angle Brandon.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

The impersonation is an attack on a person's integrity. In this case, that person is oeyvind, but if this is not addressed and set as an example, may in future be you. Effectively, the perpetuator has stolen the one thing that is most valuable to oeyvind or anyone else, which is his identity.

Should the fact that it may be a slim chance to trace the person successfully be a hindrance? Have you ever bought Toto or a lucky draw ticket of any sort in the hope of winning a prize? The chances of winning is so much smaller, yet why did you buy it?

Hence I do not see why the effort to trace the perpetuator should be discouraged. In fact, I find it mind-boggling that someone can discourage this. What does one hope to achieve by doing this?
    Last edited by melnjes; 3rd May 2004 at 02:52 PM.

Magistrates' Complaint

find out what you can do....you may or may not need a lawyer.

2. What if I do not know the identity or the address of the person against whom I am complaining ?
    You may still make the complaint, and if the complaint discloses an offence punishable by law, a Magistrate can direct the police to investigate the matter.

this guy doesnt know that hes going to have a gd time with the police...
    "I want to have the best camera in the world and shoot XMMs."

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by melnjes
    The impersonation is an attack on a person's integrity. In this case, that person is oeyvind, but if this is not addressed and set as an example, may in future be you. Effectively, the perpetuator has stolen the one thing that is most valuable to oeyvind or anyone else, which is his identity.

Should the fact that it may be a slim chance to trace the person successfully be a hindrance? Have you ever bought Toto or a lucky draw ticket of any sort in the hope of winning a prize? The chances of winning is so much smaller, yet why did you buy it?

Hence I do not see why the effort to trace the perpetuator should be discouraged. In fact, I find it mind-boggling that someone can discourage this. What does one hope to achieve by doing this?
    You have accurately pointed out that the next victim could be anyone.
    You are encouraging Oeyvind to pursue this so that u and I will not be a victim next time.

But the cost and effort for tracing down and punishing the perpetrator is Oeyvind's. Going with your arguments that this is for the greater good, is the government going to pay the legal fees incurred, or is the community going to help fund this hunt for the perpetrator?

From my perspective, it will be much better to exercise caution on our own part in future. For instance, refrain from posting mobile numbers online, or even unnecessarily publicising ur email addy (which might not be possible for some). Some people might also benefit from maintaining a clear and calm mind when posting so that they do not make enemies online too often. Civility in postings can help greatly too.

There ARE people who do not gamble....

One thing I've learned from lawyers is that some cases might not be worth pursuing. Imagine going after every tom dick and harry that copies the design of your website. The cost effectiveness isnt there. You can have a rock solid case, but is it worth the cost involved? What do you get out of it??

To each his own opinion then.

i posted a msg by mistake....due to misunderstanding of the matter...Vamptress explained and i fully understand now....sue that ass off..

For those that think why I made it such a big deal to come clean here:

For those that doesn't seems to know what the offence is all about. This is not copyrights or vandalism issues, but using my identity/email address/mobile number to post not so nice messages on other's galleries.

This is outright character assassination... the very same message was posted to all the pbase gallery in the free model shoots as comments.

I did not know about this until I got a SMS from one of his/her victim, which also followed by PM from his/her victim asking my intend?
    Last edited by oeyvind; 3rd May 2004 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind

For those that doesn't seems to know what the offence is all about. This is not copyrights or vandalism issues, but using my identity/email address/mobile number to post not so nice messages on other's galleries.

This is outright character assassination... the very same message was posted to all the pbase gallery as comments, this show his/her childish ill intent as well.

I did not know about this until I got a SMS from one of his/her victim, which also followed by PM from his/her victim asking my intent?
    My goodness! This idiot really free huh!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

But the cost and effort for tracing down and punishing the perpetrator is Oeyvind's.
    not entirely.... if it's a police case, then the cost will also be indirectly borne by taxpayers.

if it can be proven that the perpetrator is guilty of mischief and harassment, then he can be liable to pay for oeyvind's legal costs and damages in addition to his own fine.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by oeyvind

This is outright character assassination... the very same message was posted to all the pbase gallery in the free model shoots as comments.

I did not know about this until I got a SMS from one of his/her victim, which also followed by PM from his/her victim asking my intend?
    Well, I guess one of the first questions the police will ask (if they decide it's worth their time) is "Have you OFFENDED anyone recently? Online?"

This (extremely free) joker apparently has a big grudge against you....

Well, I guess one of the first questions the police will ask (if they decide it's worth their time) is "Have you OFFENDED anyone recently? Online?"

This (extremely free) joker apparently has a big grudge against you....
    not necessarily..... jealousy can also be a motive.

one question. how come the offence is committed on your birthday??

Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    well, when we all know who the person is, maybe you can post this question to him/her?

but by then, i dun think he/she can answer you....maybe rubbing iron bars then...

What a coincidence huh? The person is really serious in this.

just goes to show that the perpetrator is a nasty piece of work...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast