Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Prank

Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    Well, in my opinion, this sounds like a convincing argument, but there is still a case. The odds that a person that's named Tim and uses a similar HP no. to Oeyvind on the same forum is quite impractically high. Let's just assume that this 'Tim' has entered the HP by mistake, Oeyvind can still lay claim to damages done by any nuisance calls that he receive as a result of this 'Tim's
    mistake. And if this 'Tim' decline to make a public apology for his mistake, it can already be interpreted as criminal intent.
    Totally agree Prismatic. I would definitely require an apology from this guy!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

what the person with the nick "Troll" posted got NO POINTS at all.

we shall see.

Troll
    Guests

And what's this fascination over someone who registered just to post?

Story is, I gave up on this forum sometime back and "deregistered". Nowadays, I only use ths forum for products information (no offense, but this forum is only good for that, imho) when you are thinking whether to buy a certain piece of eq. For real photography needs, i go to somewhere else (which I cannot mention here, for obvious reasons).

I just felt like putting things into perspective for Tim in this interesting case...

Cheers

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthunter
    Everything worth to try......I don't like to see people do evil deed and get away with it....
    Nor do I. But we don't live in a fairy tale world. How many of those jokers who leave behind writings in toilets get caught anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    Nor do I. But we don't live in a fairy tale world. How many of those jokers who leave behind writings in toilets get caught anyway?
    This isn't a good analogy, those joker can't be caught cause there's no way of tracing them. It's different in this case, there's a possible way of tracing the guy which is the I.P address. It might be difficult, but definitely not impossible. It just depends on how much effort you are willing to put it. Hey, some people ARE that picky about their life.

And we definitely don't live in a fairy tale world. That's why these people can can get caught. Cos they aren't make-believe.

And what's this fascination over someone who registered just to post?

Story is, I gave up on this forum sometime back and "deregistered". Nowadays, I only use ths forum for products information (no offense, but this forum is only good for that, imho) when you are thinking whether to buy a certain piece of eq. For real photography needs, i go to somewhere else (which I cannot mention here, for obvious reasons).

I just felt like putting things into perspective for Tim in this interesting case...

Cheers
    If you have given up on the forum a sometime back . Then LEAVE. Yes and your standards are too high for a forum that only has Buy and Sell. You can have your real photography needs up yours.

Sorry Tim, but if you look closely enough, there really is no legal case.

The person did NOT log into your account. He merely posted a comment, using the nick "Oeyvind" and supplied a bogus email addy in that. I don't think you can lay complete claim over the "oeyvind" name can you?

He did leave behind your HP number though (I assume that's your HP no), but I really don't think there's much of a case. He can say his name is "Tim" also, and he put in a wrong HP number.

Yes, we all know he was out to do harm. But I hardly think that authorities in sg has a case.

PS. Nice pics.
    why not? taking the everitt rd case as an example, causing nuisance and harassment to somebody else can get you fined. and that's the sole purpose of the bogus comments in an online forum.... to provoke members to pm or telephone oeyvind and cause him harassment.

anyway, your nick says it all....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Troll
    Guests

Now i remember why i left....

U cant give honest opinion and state facts without people screaming for your blood.

U come in to give your perspective, and everyone goes suspicious over why someone registered just to post. Then they cast aspersion on your intent with statements like "Thanks for your 'concern'."

U decide to explain why u re-registered, and someone screams for your blood.... really mature here...

And for people who's interested to know, my old nick was Sin, and I've been around since this forum was started......

And you wonder why people leave....

Troll
    Guests

And soon, this thread which Oeyvind started with the purpose of discussing someone using his identity online, will degrade into a flame match.

No offence to Oeyvind, but were you seeking real opinions or did u only wanted people to go "Oh poor Oeyvind, here's a vote of confidence for you."? If it was the latter, then my bad for speaking up...

In case anyone remembers my old sig... "I am a troll, go ahead, make my day, be offended."
    Last edited by Troll; 3rd May 2004 at 02:03 PM.

stop feeding trolls...

Now i remember why i left....

U cant give honest opinion and state facts without people screaming for your blood.

U come in to give your perspective, and everyone goes suspicious over why someone registered just to post. Then they cast aspersion on your intent with statements like "Thanks for your 'concern'."

U decide to explain why u re-registered, and someone screams for your blood.... really mature here...

And for people who's interested to know, my old nick was Sin, and I've been around since this forum was started......

And you wonder why people leave....
    some people are asked to leave because they are trouble-makers....
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    some people are asked to leave because they are trouble-makers....
    For your information, I was never asked to leave.
    I just got so fed up and changed my email address to something that didn't exist anymore, so no, u cant use that account anymore....

Sheesh...and u wonder why people make enemies on forums (to the extent that some will resort to what they did to Oeyvind)....

Hey Tim,

sad to hear about the "hacker"
    Do keep us updated on this yeah?

Cheerz!

Blog Entries

I wish there was a smiley that denotes incredulity and just plain incomprehension over small stuff (note: I am not referring to oeyvind's identity-theft/misuse which we view very seriously and will assist in any way we can to help).

beefcake - there is no need for such hostility in your postings. After all, what has Troll/Sin done to you, personally?

Troll/Sin - your choice of nicks may not have been conducive and while you may feel that ClubSNAP is only good for product information, others may feel or experienced differently, thus making blanket statements will only serve to aggravate matters.

Reminder to all - Please be civil in replying in this thread. Everyone may have their own opinions but please present them in a manner which does not cause issue.

i'm rather puzzled why some of u are upset with Troll... so far he's been giving another perspective to the incident and just bec it doesnt go in line with wat many have said doesnt mean we shld "go against" him... y so protective against differing opinions?

to oeyvind: hope u manage to nab the imposter..

Cool it guys. It's really hot out there already. Don't make this place a furnace!

We're here to discuss what's the best way to deal with this culprit. The suggestion to sit around doing nothing is definitely not my cup of tea. Not to target at you Troll, but we're all here to make this forums, and others as well, a safer place for us to express our views. Think if you're in their shoes. Are you really going to sit down and do nothing? I'm afraid not.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

even though u cant use a nick as a base of arguement that someone fake your identity, but u can use your email and hp as the base. after all, your email and hp is registered by you and no 2 person can use the same email and hp (except in rare cases, where they had been a agreement between them to share the account already)

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Troll/Sin - your choice of nicks may not have been conducive and while you may feel that ClubSNAP is only good for product information, others may feel or experienced differently, thus making blanket statements will only serve to aggravate matters.
    Hi Darren,

Nice to hear a voice of reason. Seriously, what I stated was my opinion, denoted by my use of "imho". People can choose to refute my opinion, I'm fine with it. I just dont understand the need for hostility.

It just serves to reinforce my own opinion.

On another note, the paranoia is really reaching fevered pitch. U register to say something, and everyone starts to wonder about ur agenda... really makes u wonder if a newbie's first post has to be "Wow", or "Great"....

And about my choice of nicks... for your info, "Sin" is my legal name... and see where that got me?

Cheers to all.

Darren - May I humbly request that my accounts, both "Sin" and "Troll", be deleted completely from your database. In case you need confirmation that Sin is really my account (since it's now on a non-existant email addy and I cant log in to prove), please confirm with Red Dawn or Cheng Kiang (CK). All the best to you.
    Last edited by Troll; 3rd May 2004 at 02:48 PM.

Troll
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Cool it guys. It's really hot out there already. Don't make this place a furnace!

We're here to discuss what's the best way to deal with this culprit. The suggestion to sit around doing nothing is definitely not my cup of tea. Not to target at you Troll, but we're all here to make this forums, and others as well, a safer place for us to express our views. Think if you're in their shoes. Are you really going to sit down and do nothing? I'm afraid not.

Yes Virgo, u're right. In the heat of the moment, I prolly wont let it rest.

But having dealed with Police about telephone nuisance cases previously, I can guess what their response will be in this case. I just gave another perspective to things. I reminded Oeyvind about whether it was worth the effort and money to continue with this. Is his own health worth the aggravation?

I don't support sitting down and do nothing, but in some cases, it might be better to laugh off certain things and get on with life... apparently certain people objects violently to that.

Yes Virgo, u're right. In the heat of the moment, I prolly wont let it rest.

But having dealed with Police about telephone nuisance cases previously, I can guess what their response will be in this case. I just gave another perspective to things. I reminded Oeyvind about whether it was worth the effort and money to continue with this. Is his own health worth the aggravation?

I don't support sitting down and do nothing, but in some cases, it might be better to laugh off certain things and get on with life... apparently certain people objects violently to that.
    Thanks much for the kind advice Troll. I'm sure we all will appreciate your views, me included definitely.

I'm one of the victims where this culprit has posted his 'views' on my PBase site. Was pretty embarassed after seeing such posting. Thought this might have scared off others who liked the pictures I've taken.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast