Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Need advice on humidity issue

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    432

    Default Need advice on humidity issue

    My DSLR will be out of the dry cabinet for about 2-3 weeks. Do I need to get dehumidifier like thirsty hippo or sillica gels to put in my backpack to prevent grows of fungus in my lens and DSLR? What should I do ? Thanks alot
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Is your backpack airtight? Is "carrying around in backpack" something called 'storage'? (Dry cabinet is for storage = camera is not used for prolonged period and sits in an enclosed area with stagnant air.)
    EOS

  3. #3

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    You will be travelling? If you will be using your camera regularly then I don't think there will be any major issue.
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

  4. #4
    Member kaylan2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    TS: Don't be paranoid. Nothing will happen in two weeks, even if you do not use your camera. In the extreme humid place also if you use your camera regularly (means your camera gets fresh air and sun light), nothing will happen.

    Just enjoy your trip.

    Of-course if you put your wet cloths next to your camera body, you offer a nice shower to your camera and then never wipe and those stuff .. then don't blame me
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

  5. #5

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Just expose your lenses to sunlight (UV rays) everyday.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    My DSLR will be out of the dry cabinet for about 2-3 weeks. Do I need to get dehumidifier like thirsty hippo or sillica gels to put in my backpack to prevent grows of fungus in my lens and DSLR? What should I do ? Thanks alot
    For 2-3 weeks, guess u are planning for a long vacation. I've done that many times with my cam, not to worry w the mould. Every night, u could leave your cam on a open table to air it.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    It's not airtight guys... Normal DSLR backpack. Yes planning a oversea trip, what about lens that I've brought along but never had the chance to use it? So I believe fungus does not occur in a period of weeks of 2-3, anyway thanks for the input above
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylan2000 View Post
    TS: Don't be paranoid. Nothing will happen in two weeks, even if you do not use your camera. In the extreme humid place also if you use your camera regularly (means your camera gets fresh air and sun light), nothing will happen.

    Just enjoy your trip.

    Of-course if you put your wet cloths next to your camera body, you offer a nice shower to your camera and then never wipe and those stuff .. then don't blame me
    bro I will not abuse my precious that way man... It's more important than my life
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

  9. #9
    Member kaylan2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    552

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    bro I will not abuse my precious that way man... It's more important than my life
    Thats the reason u r worried too much. Just enjoy ur trip, nothing will happen in 2 weeks of so called abuse ..)
    1Ds II | EF 16-35L| EF 24-105L | EF 35f/2.0 | EF 50f/1.8 | EF 85f/1.8 | EF 100L |EF 70-300L| EX 550

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    bro I will not abuse my precious that way man... It's more important than my life
    Gollum...?
    EOS

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: Need advice on humidity issue

    Quote Originally Posted by kaylan2000 View Post
    Thats the reason u r worried too much. Just enjoy ur trip, nothing will happen in 2 weeks of so called abuse ..)
    Thanks cheers
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •