Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tripod queries..

Default Re: Tripod queries..

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Then i reckon u look at Manfrotto or Gitzo when there's a center column where it allows u to go horizontal...
    Bro numnum can u share how to make centre piece for horizon for gitzo? I don't know how to do it with my 1541?
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    Bro numnum can u share how to make centre piece for horizon for gitzo? I don't know how to do it with my 1541?
    What he has is Gitzo Explorer. Yours is a simple center column, if I'm not wrong.

Check their website and see the difference.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

With ballhead less than 1KG, wait the wind blow, it fly away ah ...

Quote Originally Posted by frostiee View Post
    Am a user of Sirui T1005X series.
    It cost only 180 with ballhead.

The centre column can be changed to a shorter ones for macro.
    Despite the fact that it is a aluminium tripod, it weights only 940grams (with ballhead attached).
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    What he has is Gitzo Explorer. Yours is a simple center column, if I'm not wrong.

Yes the 1541T cannot do that ....
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    With ballhead less than 1KG, wait the wind blow, it fly away ah ...
    Not so easy one man... I think u need to read up on wind and drag coefficient.

Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    not fly into the blue yonder but crashing down, resulting in an interface between the gear n the concrete floor!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    Yes the 1541T cannot do that ....

thanks guys cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    not fly into the blue yonder but crashing down, resulting in an interface between the gear n the concrete floor!
    lol... That's creative
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frostiee View Post
    Am a user of Sirui T1005X series.
    It cost only 180 with ballhead.

The centre column can be changed to a shorter ones for macro.
    Despite the fact that it is a aluminium tripod, it weights only 940grams (with ballhead attached).
    Is it stable? I tried the 1004x and it seems not bad. Now thinking to get the 1005 or 1004 or go up to the 1204x or 1205x... for a travel tripod.

Went down to Funan yesterday in the evening, too bad i only pay a trip down to SLR Revolution.

Checked out 2 tripods
    1) Benro 714B @ 165
    This one not that bad, but kinda heavy..

2) Vanguard Espod Plus + 233AP ballhead - 150+
    This one looks the best! Like it a lot! But maximum weight can take is 2kg :/

3) SLIK SH705E + 340E ballhead = 140+
    unheard of, but when i try it out, seems not bad, and its light too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrezia View Post
    Went down to Funan yesterday in the evening, too bad i only pay a trip down to SLR Revolution.

Checked out 2 tripods
    1) Benro 714B @ 165
    This one not that bad, but kinda heavy..

2) Vanguard Espod Plus + 233AP ballhead - 150+
    This one looks the best! Like it a lot! But maximum weight can take is 2kg :/

3) SLIK SH705E + 340E ballhead = 140+
    unheard of, but when i try it out, seems not bad, and its light too.
    You should have also checked out Sirui tripods at TK Foto. Too bad.

Unlce there is a hook for u to add weight one leh..... But this only happen if the wind is very very strong and ur camera is right in the smack of the gust...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You should have also checked out Sirui tripods at TK Foto. Too bad.
    haha no time man, by the time i reached SLR Revolution, its about 8pm. So gotta check it on Friday.

Hihi, I was at TKfoto on tuesday night and was also looking at the T1004x. it seems like a v light and small tripod. I think it's about 0.8kg without the head so maybe with head is 1.2kg? the legs seems abit thin....Anyone has any idea if it is stable??

haha no time man, by the time i reached SLR Revolution, its about 8pm. So gotta check it on Friday.
    Just got my Surui N2204 yesterday man! I was at SLR too, checking on the photo clam balls and testing it with my Markins PG80 plate. Haven't decided on what color or which model yet (thinking of going higher than 30KG payload!)

Now I have a "ball-less" tripod! But was having so much fun fiddling with it at home and testing the vibration control!

TK just brought up a new shipment of Suruis, so new batch! IIRC, it is their 8th shipment this year! Hurry bro!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Just got my Surui N2204 yesterday man! I was at SLR too, checking on the photo clam balls and testing it with my Markins PG80 plate. Haven't decided on what color or which model yet (thinking of going higher than 30KG payload!)

Now I have a "ball-less" tripod! But was having so much fun fiddling with it at home and testing the vibration control!

TK just brought up a new shipment of Suruis, so new batch! IIRC, it is their 8th shipment this year! Hurry bro!
    ahh i didnt check that.. what's your damage?

ahh i didnt check that.. what's your damage?
    4XX... TK puts up all the pod prices on CS anyway (I think). You don't have to go my route, there are cheaper/lighter options from Surui.

For me, I wanted the monopod versatility, reverse folding, CF, low angle, and thicker last sections. So I threw light-weight option out of the window!

My recommendation for you: T2204X, a cousin of N2204. No monopod, no low angle (not everyone needs it anyway), much much lighter - I think price is at 290. And it is sturdy (since 4 sections instead of 5, with thicker lasts). This model was first demonstrated to me against a $690 Gitzo model, very much impressed as I could see and feel it for myself... I went for N model because of more options.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th July 2010 at 11:46 AM.

4XX... TK puts up all the pod prices on CS anyway (I think). You don't have to go my route, there are cheaper/lighter options from Surui.

For me, I wanted the monopod versatility, reverse folding, CF, low angle, and thicker last sections. So I threw light-weight option out of the window!
    ahhh i see.. okay noted

Blog Entries

My recommendation for you: T2204X, a cousin of N2204. No monopod, no low angle (not everyone needs it anyway), much much lighter - I think price is at 290. And it is sturdy (since 4 sections instead of 5, with thicker lasts). This model was first demonstrated to me against a $690 Gitzo model, very much impressed as I could see and feel it for myself... I went for N model because of more options.
    The T2204 does look very impressive for the price... I was almost going to say "I'll take it"... suddenly realize my wife is standing behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    The T2204 does look very impressive for the price... I was almost going to say "I'll take it"... suddenly realize my wife is standing behind me.
    That must have been a gawd-awful feel'n man! It gives the same feeling as seeing your own shadow attempting to sneak a kick up between your knees from right behind!

(P/S: okay that was a bit overkill... )
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th July 2010 at 03:50 PM.

Blog Entries

That must have been a gawd-awful feel'n man! It gives the same feeling as seeing your own shadow attempting to sneak a kick up between your knees from right behind!

(P/S: okay that was a bit overkill... )
    Actually good la. Need to have an independent failsafe system... if not BBB till no tomorrow.

Now I have cooled down from the initial "bloodlust", I am just looking to get a T1004X for travel. Light enough, stable enough, compact enough. And it is aluminium. If some people try to be funny or steal my camera, I can still use it as a weapon to whack their heads.

Locally, no problem with my current 190xprob. heavy, but driving here and there la dey. no fear.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast