Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you agree that "crazily acquiring gears" is part of growing up?

Default Re: Do you agree that "crazily acquiring gears" is part of growing up?

I think it is how much IQ that matters to some.
    I tried my friend's 500D with Canon's 50mm 1.4 on LCD screen the shot looks good and pop. In my newbie experience, i thought it was good enough so long as subject stands out. The smoothness/buttery-ness of the bokeh didn't really matter at that time. And sometimes "sharp/unsmooth" bokeh can contribute to the artistic term of "HARD" in fine arts. Not just in terms of "weight/contrast" of the subject.

If your purpose is to get the best IQ possible, acquiring better gears would be necessarily... I'm sure L lens + FF user would agree on this point. But not forgetting the functional/cost purpose which is why some people would go for crop even to 2.0x
    Last edited by DarkPa1adin; 14th July 2010 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    You can fly first class, business class, economy class and all will arrive at the same airport at the same time. But the flying experience differ, isn't it?
    Flying experience would be the same, but service received while flying = different
    Same aeroplane, different segment/food, same pilot, same speed/gravity/turbulence. that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    Qns: "Does anyone who is serious about photography uses kit lens for the rest of his life without having buying a new lens?"

Personally even though I used & owned several primes & zooms (including L), till now my favorite lens is still my 18-200IS (kit lens). That why I even kept a crop for it.
    Last edited by Anson; 15th July 2010 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPa1adin View Post
    Flying experience would be the same, but service received while flying = different
    Same aeroplane, different segment/food, same pilot, same speed/gravity/turbulence. that's all.
    bigger seat, more leg room, leg rest, seat can incline, more comfy headphones, cosier blanket, branded toiletries pack, bigger LCD, lumbar back support, more points of adjustments, greet you by name, more personalised service, better selection of food and wine list, shorter queue at toilet, lounge access, priority boarding, heavier luggage load, etc.

The experience can be quite different for long haul flights.

last thing i want to go is to get involved in an arguement over the internet. everyone's entitled to their own views.

let our photos do the talking.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234