Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry cabinet help

Default Dry cabinet help

Hi guys. Got something to ask. Is it normal for my dry cabinet's RH to be at abt 60% after i put my stuff in? Setting is at abt 3 o'clock now. Before i put my things in the reading was at 43%.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Default Re: Dry cabinet help

you opened to let air in. Humidity sets in too. It needs time to get rid of it....be patient and it will drop to what you have set.
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    you opened to let air in. Humidity sets in too. It needs time to get rid of it....be patient and it will drop to what you have set.
    Second that. The drycabi is not like a fridge where something gets cold in 5mins. It takes quite some time, to slowly dry the air. Be patient
    The best things in life are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Hi guys. Got something to ask. Is it normal for my dry cabinet's RH to be at abt 60% after i put my stuff in? Setting is at abt 3 o'clock now. Before i put my things in the reading was at 43%.
    Usually it needs some time to stabilise. Especially if you have open the door, allowing external air to mix in with the air inside the cabinet.

Wait for a couple of hours....if after 24hrs and @ maximum setting still RH never go down, get a another RH meter too confirm reading...
    if reading tally then its time to go shopping.....
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltinemilo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RezzShaz View Post
    Wait for a couple of hours....if after 24hrs and @ maximum setting still RH never go down, get a another RH meter too confirm reading...
    if reading tally then its time to go shopping.....
    Slowly slowly lah. Drying out doesn't happen in 5 mins mate. Even the RH for top shelve and bottom shelve will show different readings. They will show same readings after about 2 to 3 days. Average RH in the open is about 66% - 73%. Get a Hydrometer for $15 at DIY store just to double confirm your setting.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

try turning on air con in the room for 30 min. before opening up your dry cabinet. This will help minimize the RH fluctuation and let the dry cabinet's RH goes back to around 40% faster.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

ok thanks guys! woke up this morning to find tt it was at 40%.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

ok thanks guys! woke up this morning to find tt it was at 40%.
    too low still, adjust to the recommended 45-50, minor tweaks and it will stay there for gd
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

yea. did tt while my eyes were still half closed. have to go back after work to monitor it again

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    too low still, adjust to the recommended 45-50, minor tweaks and it will stay there for gd
    I think 40-50 is fine. Below 40 is too low.

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    Get a Hydrometer for $15 at DIY store just to double confirm your setting.
    Actually I've been looking for one. Asked at IMM's HomeFix but they didn't have. Which DIY store has them?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by arctos View Post
    Actually I've been looking for one. Asked at IMM's HomeFix but they didn't have. Which DIY store has them?
    There's a shop at Sim Lim TOWER selling that...

You want a hygrometer.

A hydrometer measures the density of liquids.

As other members have pointed out, it takes time for the RH tpo settle back down again.

Edwin, haven't heard that phrase for awhile. I've seen refractometers used to measure specific density of plasma and urea though ... and booze! You sometimes see the master brewers placing a drop of liquid on a hand-held device and looking trough it at micro-breweries in the middle of the afternoon. Lucky guys ... having to test all that beer! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Edwin, haven't heard that phrase for awhile. I've seen refractometers used to measure specific density of plasma and urea though ... and booze! You sometimes see the master brewers placing a drop of liquid on a hand-held device and looking trough it at micro-breweries in the middle of the afternoon. Lucky guys ... having to test all that beer! LOL!
    Wasn't thinking about anything so highbrow -- more the hydrometers used to check car batteries!
    Are or were you by any chance from that industry (booze, I mean)? Cause it just occurred to me that that might be the source of your nick

Don't just go out and grab any hygrometer.....at least get one that is known to be accurate. Look at the hygrometers in my dry cab and you can more or less judge which one is really off in terms of accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrios View Post
    Don't just go out and grab any hygrometer.....at least get one that is known to be accurate. Look at the hygrometers in my dry cab and you can more or less judge which one is really off in terms of accuracy.

wow... do u really need tt many? my dry cab more or less tuned to 43-47% already. by tonight should be zhun zhun already. Thanks guys!

Wah so many hygros...
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

wow... do u really need tt many? my dry cab more or less tuned to 43-47% already. by tonight should be zhun zhun already. Thanks guys!
    Haha....I have 2 dry cabs and 2 guitar hardcases, one for each enclosure. I thought just to take them all out and place them in one dry cab to see the readings. The one on the left, the biggest one, which I bought from a DIY store turned out to be the worst.

My personal favourite is the Western Caliber III - accurate out of the box.
    Last edited by Barrios; 16th July 2010 at 01:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast