Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eyesight and NS

Default Re: Eyesight and NS

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    WOW, qwerty628 we need more dudes like u

I heard the reason why u cannot do a Lasik too near pre enlistment is because because post surgery u end up with a temp downgrade for a few mths. U better check with them if u r planning to do the surgery.

And yes u need really severe myopia before u can get downgraded.

Guards will gladly take u Ready to Strike!

Ryan
    hopefully
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    sure ask him sign on... Guards is, from what I heard from ppl around me, overtrained infantry, underpaid CDO. but actually it depends on personal preferrences. u like Guards, SIGN ON!!
    Sign on? Wait long long. Hahaha. No way man...2 years is enough. Never considered being regular.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by Wai View Post
    May be due to my perfect eye sight, i got call up for both CDO and Pilot selection test but end up become Sniper
    haha. Is it true sniper more siao than cdo? My fren say one. I rly dunno
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar View Post
    i got a BMT mate who signed up as Guards..the PS was saying he "siao ar..want to wear a sandbag on his head for the next 10 years"

we need more of such garang people to defend the nation!
    My school a lot, can come pick and choose. Some of the ncc will practically throw themselves at hendon camp.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ah, the beauty of the young, raring youth.

the army will jade you.
    the army will chew me up and spit me out after 2 years. but still wanna go cdo or at least guards. Haha. Unless ocs? i got a friend that got in very recently
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    the army will chew me up and spit me out after 2 years. but still wanna go cdo or at least guards. Haha. Unless ocs? i got a friend that got in very recently
    ocs now seems very relax. last time triservice was out to kill us. they now renamed it and i heard got afternoon shower breaks!

my friend in cdo many yrs back (i old liao) had to move their cupboard in their rooms above to ground floor for "stand by bunk". But heck he seems to love the treatment there. After a while, all their face looks the same.

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    ocs now seems very relax. last time triservice was out to kill us. they now renamed it and i heard got afternoon shower breaks!

my friend in cdo many yrs back (i old liao) had to move their cupboard in their rooms above to ground floor for "stand by bunk". But heck he seems to love the treatment there. After a while, all their face looks the same.
    Afternoon shower break!!!?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    When I went for NS checkup they just gave me PES B, high myopia. Hopefully when they send me the letter it will become a C
    My pre enlistment checkup time they dont even bother to check my degree properly. Just flash those vision test poster up, ask me to read, and thats it. Only 2 posters, few lines of letters.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    My pre enlistment checkup time they dont even bother to check my degree properly. Just flash those vision test poster up, ask me to read, and thats it. Only 2 posters, few lines of letters.
    Ya that's what they did, and then go take my specs measure the degree, then "wah", then give me back.

Quote Originally Posted by brapodam View Post
    Ya that's what they did, and then go take my specs measure the degree, then "wah", then give me back.
    They never did that for me

I advise TS to enlist before making a decision. In most cases, a pre-enlistee who wants to be over garang and joins a chiong sua unit in a seow on camp will often find himself chao kenging after enlistment and begging to be downgraded after realising how ****ed up the SAF can be.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 17th July 2010 at 01:00 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I advise TS to enlist before making a decision. In most cases, a pre-enlistee who wants to be over garang and joins a chiong sua unit in a seow on camp will often find himself chao kenging after enlistment and begging to be downgraded after realising how ****ed up the SAF can be.
    But those with pre-existing CK mentality will probably CK all the way. Just dun anyhow kheng "crazy/mad" cause i heard the data gets filed for good, and u will get a scar when applying for jobs.

Go thru BMT and see how. . BMTC Tekong is a pretty leisure camp nowadays. Ur parents will have all the officers numbers and the bmtc commander number as well i think. ( my friend was telling me the then commander col ishak's hp keeps going off in the middle of the night )

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    haha. Is it true sniper more siao than cdo? My fren say one. I rly dunno
    of cos CDO are tougher, we only know how to land a bullet in enemy head

Haha. You were from sniper? Heard tt the waiting for target to appear is crazy n depends on luck. Is it true?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

haha. Miss head how? Confinement?
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123