Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eyesight and NS

Default Re: Eyesight and NS

They something like US marines do but they call them guards to sound less offensive. I can't devuldge exactly what they do or how they operate on an online forum. It's best to check it out with the recruitment centre.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty628 View Post
    Guards heli borne trooper right? What do guards normally do in training? o.O
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    training... not related to myopia

At night I can't see well, only found out when i went here. At night, everything look very blur.
    Thats gotta suck... Pre enlist they nv pick up your eye problem at night meh?

How's the training like? Just curious.
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    They something like US marines do but they call them guards to sound less offensive. I can't devuldge exactly what they do or how they operate on an online forum. It's best to check it out with the recruitment centre.
    ns.sg hangs my phone. Hahaha
    D7000. AF-S 18-105

by "relaxed duty", many refer to clerk, storeman, etc. don't be misled though. clerks do lots of paperwork, storemen do lots of inventory checking, etc.

i know my friend who was a clerk in at CMPB, and many a time work cuts into his lunch hour.
    eat. drink. shoot

the term "relax duty" refer to non physical duty eg those you mention. But of course non physical duty will be replace by mental stress. depend on where you landed to ... CMPB not all department is stress.
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 14th July 2010 at 11:31 PM.

Thats gotta suck... Pre enlist they nv pick up your eye problem at night meh?

How's the training like? Just curious.
    nope... never thought I had the problem. Surprisingly tho, I was in my school's Astronomy club...

BMT ----> "Trades Course", where u learn your assigned weapon, then Infantry Phase and Armour Phase.

I heard myopia over 1k plus can warrant a Pes C

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    "Guards" are not called Guards to be less offensive. Guards are actually part of the elite in some countries including SG. You do noticed that our Guardsmen wear khaki berets to denote this status.

i remember my time, people were called up for the cdo selection test. are they still doing nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    i remember my time, people were called up for the cdo selection test. are they still doing nowadays?
    Yes, its called vocation assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    nope... never thought I had the problem. Surprisingly tho, I was in my school's Astronomy club...

BMT ----> "Trades Course", where u learn your assigned weapon, then Infantry Phase and Armour Phase.

I heard myopia over 1k plus can warrant a Pes C
    When I went for NS checkup they just gave me PES B, high myopia. Hopefully when they send me the letter it will become a C

Quote Originally Posted by cutecdo View Post
    no sh!t. what was it really for?

May be due to my perfect eye sight, i got call up for both CDO and Pilot selection test but end up become Sniper

WOW, qwerty628 we need more dudes like u

I heard the reason why u cannot do a Lasik too near pre enlistment is because because post surgery u end up with a temp downgrade for a few mths. U better check with them if u r planning to do the surgery.

And yes u need really severe myopia before u can get downgraded.

Guards will gladly take u Ready to Strike!

Ryan

1000 eyesight will downgrade 1 pes.... you have to take ippt unless you are C9L2
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Yea. We all know how mindef is. Haha. Relax duty very difficult la... How many relax duty are there man?
    You'll be surprised. My ICT strength support staff more than combat staff.

"Guards" are not called Guards to be less offensive. Guards are actually part of the elite in some countries including SG. You do noticed that our Guardsmen wear khaki berets to denote this status.
    Our NDP now like christmas tree....used to be you're either red or green.

CDO u have to go their camp for interview all those. Pilot super high dropout rate. u go choose all those fierce fierce chiong shua type ah? u really love the country sia...
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

i got a BMT mate who signed up as Guards..the PS was saying he "siao ar..want to wear a sandbag on his head for the next 10 years"

we need more of such garang people to defend the nation!
    eat. drink. shoot

Hey guys,

I have an eyesight of around 800 for both eyes? So does that mean i cant go ndu or cdo? What others can i still go? Can i still go guards? Or do i get to slack as clerk etc next time.

If i lasik/lasek/pkr my eyes then can join those units? Better still, can go rsaf be pilot if i fix my eyes?
    ah, the beauty of the young, raring youth.

the army will jade you.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    ah, the beauty of the young, raring youth.

the army will jade you.
    sure ask him sign on... Guards is, from what I heard from ppl around me, overtrained infantry, underpaid CDO. but actually it depends on personal preferrences. u like Guards, SIGN ON!!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast