Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

  1. #1

    Question Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

  2. #2
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    If you're going for the rides, then err... would be kinda troublesome even for a DSLR alone.

    I went to Universal Studios for the after-hours entrance, just to walk around the Hollywood St... I brought my DSLR and tripod then.

  3. #3
    Member hunkababe4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Chai Chee Estate, Singapore
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Yes I did for a couple of times. It's a big help especially if you are shooting at night, the steadiness of the camera is manageable. But quite tough to bring along also because if you are going for a ride, you might end up waiting for your companions instead since you can't leave your accessories when everyone else is going for the thrill. You will just envy them.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    thanks, for the reply... Of course I want to ride, if we bring our DSLR alone oso a big trouble ? Errrr.... complicated want to play and shoot at the same time.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by be2st View Post
    Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?
    Yes.. they nt stopping u
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  6. #6
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by be2st View Post
    thanks, for the reply... Of course I want to ride, if we bring our DSLR alone oso a big trouble ? Errrr.... complicated want to play and shoot at the same time.
    The staff are nice people, just entrust them ur stuff and claim it bk after the ride.. Whihc is what i did..

    Rides like the Revenge of the Mummy has dedicated lockers (free for a certain time usage)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  7. #7
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by be2st View Post
    thanks, for the reply... Of course I want to ride, if we bring our DSLR alone oso a big trouble ? Errrr.... complicated want to play and shoot at the same time.
    I was thinking that you'd have to carry the DSLR with you on the ride.
    But since NNB has been before and he entrusts his gear to the staff, I think it's safe to say that your gear will be in good hands...!
    Exploring! :)

  8. #8

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    The staff are nice people, just entrust them ur stuff and claim it bk after the ride.. Whihc is what i did..

    Rides like the Revenge of the Mummy has dedicated lockers (free for a certain time usage)
    The locker big enough for tripod ?
    7D . 10-22 . 17-55 . 50 1.8 . 18-200 . 70-200 2.8 II . EX580 II
    潜水高尔夫球手 Sunchaser

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I was thinking that you'd have to carry the DSLR with you on the ride.
    But since NNB has been before and he entrusts his gear to the staff, I think it's safe to say that your gear will be in good hands...!


    I realised that I just read the initials wrongly...

  10. #10

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Is there any limitation for the bag that we carry during the ride ? I don't mind to leave my tripod which is a cheap one, but can we carry our sling bag during the ride ? I'm using sling bag for my DSLR.

  11. #11
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post


    I realised that I just read the initials wrongly...
    luckily it's not a spelling mistake... what did you read? I'm curious now...
    Exploring! :)

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by be2st View Post
    Is there any limitation for the bag that we carry during the ride ? I don't mind to leave my tripod which is a cheap one, but can we carry our sling bag during the ride ? I'm using sling bag for my DSLR.
    for some rides like mummy, no bags area allowed. but there is a locker to put ur stuff for a certain short period of time (30-45mins if i not wrong).

    and for jurassic park ride, sling bag wont be able to prevent water from slipping in. luckily i double protect mine with a plastic bag over a raincover.
    for the rest, ya, you can carry ur bag along.
    D3s, N24-70, N70-200 VR2, 85 1.4G, SB700, SB910

  13. #13

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by wuminlee View Post
    for some rides like mummy, no bags area allowed. but there is a locker to put ur stuff for a certain short period of time (30-45mins if i not wrong).

    and for jurassic park ride, sling bag wont be able to prevent water from slipping in. luckily i double protect mine with a plastic bag over a raincover.
    for the rest, ya, you can carry ur bag along.
    Thanks, I guess I'm not hesitating anymore to carry my DSLR.

    A lot of object to shoot there.

    And your idea for a plastic bag over a raincover also a good idea, thanks.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    The locker big enough for tripod ?
    think can fit ur GT1541 leh.. my tripod i put into my airport take off and ask the staff there to look aft
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  15. #15
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by be2st View Post
    Is there any limitation for the bag that we carry during the ride ? I don't mind to leave my tripod which is a cheap one, but can we carry our sling bag during the ride ? I'm using sling bag for my DSLR.
    Most rides does not permit the carrying of "ANY BAGS"

    Just leave it at one corner (other side of the ride) and enjoy the ride la..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  16. #16
    Member/Tangshooter iszan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Farrer Park
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    I was thinking that you'd have to carry the DSLR with you on the ride.
    But since NNB has been before and he entrusts his gear to the staff, I think it's safe to say that your gear will be in good hands...!
    yes, i went there last mth.. with my tripod as well as my gears and you can place them near the staffs they will look after for you.. alternatively, there are some which requires the locker usage like Jurassic park ride ($2 per hr) + the Mummy ride (free 30mins usage)

    Quote Originally Posted by scubagolfer View Post
    The locker big enough for tripod ?
    Yes, it is big enough to fit a tripod use the diagonal length of the locker..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Tiong Bahru
    Posts
    367

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Most rides does not permit the carrying of "ANY BAGS"

    Just leave it at one corner (other side of the ride) and enjoy the ride la..
    ohhhh did they implement this rule already??
    i went on the 1st month of the opening. carrying a small messager bag with my DSLR inside, my friend carrying her small backpack bag. only the mummy ride stopped us.

    maybe they changed the rules or i was just lucky .
    so yeah . just leave in locker or leave with staff and enjoy the rides.
    D3s, N24-70, N70-200 VR2, 85 1.4G, SB700, SB910

  18. #18

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    I brought a monopod along and it serves it's purpose well. points to note:

    1) Put your camera bag in a plastic bag and wear a raincoat when you go for the Jurassic park Rapids ride.

    2) Do the same if you intend to sit at the very front rows of the Waterworld show

    3) Put your all your gears in the lockers provided when you go for the mummy ride, believe me, it is possible for your bags and stuff to 'fly' off during the ride.
    Besides the BSG main attraction, this is USS next most violent ride.

    Have fun !

  19. #19

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    there's nothing wrong with bringing a tripod. It just might be kinda cumbersome to lug around with your friends.

    BTW I had a near-fatal (for my dslr) experience while bringing my 5D and 17-40 onto one of the rides.
    Pure fun but my camera slipped out of my hand on a roller coaster. Thankfully I had my shoulder strap still on if not it might have fell off the roller coaster and killed someone.
    Not a nice thing dude.
    Last edited by PrimePhotog; 14th July 2010 at 02:31 PM.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    432

    Default Re: Do you bring tripod to Universal Studio Singapore?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrimePhotog View Post
    there's nothing wrong with bringing a tripod. It just might be kinda cumbersome to lug around with your friends.

    BTW I had a near-fatal (for my dslr) experience while bringing my 5D and 17-40 onto one of the rides.
    Pure fun but my camera slipped out of my hand on a roller coaster. Thankfully I had my shoulder strap still on if not it might have fell off the roller coaster and killed someone.
    Not a nice thing dude.
    Wow that's a horror experience... Most bros here were right.. The AW rain covers actually enough for the Jurassic ride unless the "boat" capsize -,-
    D90-MB80|N18-105|N50 1.8|T180 M.|GT1541T|Q3T|Up48|SB900|
    BBB Virus will Devour your Soul.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •