Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10253033343536374045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1006

Thread: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

  1. #681

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Tamron AF 180mm f3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro - $1180 (TK) i think it is more worth the value compare to Canon 180mm f/3.5 L cheapest at $2020 (JO)

  2. #682
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    want to organise cable car outing
    i'm sure Paul korkor will be interested. lol

    but lets go lomantic lomantic~

  3. #683
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    Tamron AF 180mm f3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro - $1180 (TK) i think it is more worth the value compare to Canon 180mm f/3.5 L cheapest at $2020 (JO)
    I think Tamron 180mm macro is just as good as the canon ones.

  4. #684

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    i'm sure Paul korkor will be interested. lol

    but lets go lomantic lomantic~

  5. #685
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    Tamron AF 180mm f3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro - $1180 (TK) i think it is more worth the value compare to Canon 180mm f/3.5 L cheapest at $2020 (JO)
    tamron 90 ish sharp, but not sure about 180mm.

    but buttie, 180mm, u planning to use tripod all the way?

  6. #686

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    tamron 90 ish sharp, but not sure about 180mm.

    but buttie, 180mm, u planning to use tripod all the way?
    review said Tamron 180mm is good. Yest kang shifu also mention abt this lens
    i normally shoot with tripod.... handheld i cmi .... maybe due to manual focus
    canon 180mm is very expensive, cheapest i can c is $2020
    tamran one $1180, can even buy 90mm $560 (if not wrong)... still cheaper than canon

  7. #687
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    review said Tamron 180mm is good. Yest kang shifu also mention abt this lens
    i normally shoot with tripod.... handheld i cmi .... maybe due to manual focus
    canon 180mm is very expensive, cheapest i can c is $2020
    tamran one $1180, can even buy 90mm $560 (if not wrong)... still cheaper than canon
    yesh. BBB. then we organise macro outing. lol

    but.... i tot cheap thing no good.

  8. #688
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    tamron 90 ish sharp, but not sure about 180mm.
    but buttie, 180mm, u planning to use tripod all the way?
    Mr Hee is 5D mark 2, dun play play... full frame.. so 180mm is not that long actually.
    perhaps, a mono-pod should be good enough.

    sorry, I not macro master

  9. #689

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    I think Tamron 180mm macro is just as good as the canon ones.


    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    yesh. BBB. then we organise macro outing. lol

    but.... i tot cheap thing no good.
    this one i saiko butties bbb only.... to myself it must b cheap n good

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    Mr Hee is 5D mark 2, dun play play... full frame.. so 180mm is not that long actually.
    perhaps, a mono-pod should be good enough.

    sorry, I not macro master
    i use 5D MKII in haolian mood -> 5D MKII mount on Gitzo tripod, use live view to focus, act Pro change some setting then anyhow shoot continuous. pic a bit lan but nevermind I seldom post

  10. #690
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    One pano stitch shot from merlion side towards clifford pier of the MBSR. Pity the right side fullerton bay hotel, just cant get a full shot of it due to the barriers. Must try a diff angle next time.


  11. #691

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    One pano stitch shot from merlion side towards clifford pier of the MBSR. Pity the right side fullerton bay hotel, just cant get a full shot of it due to the barriers. Must try a diff angle next time.

    i'm just thinking to post my APAD here also

  12. #692
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    ever since ptgui was introduced, we shoot more pano these days. LOL. thanks master billy.

    KT, my feel is the subjects on the right dont quite balance the overall. but nice bnw treatment

  13. #693

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    APAD - Wednesday, July 21, 2010


    Marina bay Sand (Helix bridge, Theatre, MBS, Art-Museum).
    Spot metering at Theatre.
    Tried my best not to overexposed any part of it.
    Last edited by juste_millieu; 21st July 2010 at 09:44 AM.

  14. #694

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Ah hee, you really disable your PM ah......i will sms you sunday shoot detail
    :vhappy:EOS400D

  15. #695

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by pckee View Post
    Ah hee, you really disable your PM ah......i will sms you sunday shoot detail
    yah... i disabled it. y u dun believe me
    u can sms or email me -> thyokel@gmail.com

  16. #696
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    ever since ptgui was introduced, we shoot more pano these days. LOL. thanks master billy.

    KT, my feel is the subjects on the right dont quite balance the overall. but nice bnw treatment
    yes zheng, i feel the right is not balanced coz of the fullerton bay hotel. I wanted more space on the right. Took abt 5 mins before deciding to crop half of the hotel without the words. Must try a new angle next time to include the hotel in next time.

  17. #697
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    ever since ptgui was introduced, we shoot more pano these days. LOL. thanks master billy.

    KT, my feel is the subjects on the right dont quite balance the overall. but nice bnw treatment
    PTGui is really great but do note that for static objects, its perfect. For motion, such as clouds and waves, additional cloning and patching work is still required to ensure it dont look unnatural.

  18. #698
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    One pano stitch shot from merlion side towards clifford pier of the MBSR. Pity the right side fullerton bay hotel, just cant get a full shot of it due to the barriers. Must try a diff angle next time.

    I think color is nicer

  19. #699
    Member/Tangshooter falconite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    AMK | Tang Shooters
    Posts
    2,203

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post



    this one i saiko butties bbb only.... to myself it must b cheap n good



    i use 5D MKII in haolian mood -> 5D MKII mount on Gitzo tripod, use live view to focus, act Pro change some setting then anyhow shoot continuous. pic a bit lan but nevermind I seldom post
    Wahh... good choice with Tamron 180mm ~ though you might want to look at sigma direction also.

    BBB soon and I can convert my night shoot to night macro shoot.
    | www.falconite.com | flickr |
    Canon Equipments

  20. #700
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters XCVI - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    I think color is nicer
    dunno leh... waters not much colors. We reached at 8plus. Quite dark colors in skies no more. Later when home today post some color ones... today got OT... oh nose!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •