Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

  1. #41
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by ireallydontlikepink View Post
    hurrr..... any additional lens to your lx3?
    ..... how near u went?
    no additions... just plain vanilla LX3. The fly was very cooperative and didn't fly away... I was really really close
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  2. #42

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    "bokeh" is like colour.
    For example you see a withering tree, and the green leaves are not such a strong green colour. So you might make a comment "the colour of the leaves is quite pale", which is similar to a comment like "the bokeh is quite ugly"
    You can't achieve colour, in the same way that you can't achieve bokeh. It's like... a property of the image.

    Not sure if i'm explaining it right. Someone help me!
    quite incorrect.
    Boke is the blur.
    Boke-aji - is the type or quality of blur.

    What is bokeh?
    It's not even in meriam websters..
    It's funny how people try to define it ...
    Last edited by wksoh; 5th August 2010 at 12:05 AM.

  3. #43

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    WOW !! Gerald, for a moment there I thought you photoshop that fly into the photo, it look sureal ! cool... totally cool !

  4. #44
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by isaac976 View Post
    WOW !! Gerald, for a moment there I thought you photoshop that fly into the photo, it look sureal ! cool... totally cool !
    Thx! The fly gave me about 15min and just moved around but not fly away. Thanks to the fly

    You can tell that I was very close to the fly because the DOF was pretty thin.
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  5. #45
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,845

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Use macro mode... go close to subject...


  6. #46

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Use macro mode... go close to subject...

    Wow, that's a nice shot!

  7. #47

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3



    this is the most obedient bug i can find.. and still no fight with the above one. haha. nice one gerald

  8. #48

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    The macro mode only available in iA option?

  9. #49

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by westcove View Post
    The macro mode only available in iA option?
    huh? no... Macro mode avail in P,A,S,M, auto mode

  10. #50
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by westcove View Post
    The macro mode only available in iA option?
    Remember to switch the focus to Marco also right? its adjustable at the side of the lens.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  11. #51
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeeeey View Post
    this is the most obedient bug i can find.. and still no fight with the above one. haha. nice one gerald
    Thanks

    It is amazing to me what the LX3 can do. When I got it, I tested it in many areas and found it a really good compact camera. It may not achieve great bokeh in portrait photos, but all in all, a great camera!

    Anyway, here is one of my fave shots of my fly fren

    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  12. #52

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Thanks

    It is amazing to me what the LX3 can do. When I got it, I tested it in many areas and found it a really good compact camera. It may not achieve great bokeh in portrait photos, but all in all, a great camera!

    Anyway, here is one of my fave shots of my fly fren

    Wow nice,.. did you do this with any Macro attachment / filters? e.g Raynox?

  13. #53
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by wksoh View Post
    Wow nice,.. did you do this with any Macro attachment / filters? e.g Raynox?
    Nope...no attachments... just the LX3...
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  14. #54

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    Nope...no attachments... just the LX3...

    Just curious:
    How close was the camera to the subject? And did you crop the image?

  15. #55
    Senior Member geraldkhoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Tiny Red Dot
    Posts
    2,566

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Just curious:
    How close was the camera to the subject? And did you crop the image?
    I was at the min focus distance. I switched to manual focus, went to min focus distance, then moved the camera to get the focus. After getting the pic, I cropped it to the pic that you see
    A picture tells a thousand words... make yours speak a million!
    My Flickr | My Blog

  16. #56

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by geraldkhoo View Post
    I was at the min focus distance. I switched to manual focus, went to min focus distance, then moved the camera to get the focus. After getting the pic, I cropped it to the pic that you see

    thanks for sharing. OK, i need to try to work with manual focusing.

  17. #57
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    thanks for sharing. OK, i need to try to work with manual focusing.
    There is a video online - showing how to do manual focus ... very detail explanation.
    Try youtube - lbguides , panasonic lx3 + manual focus.
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  18. #58

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    ireallydontlikepink, I thought you have gotten yourself another equipment liao? the D80? already saw some of your pics, Kekekeke

    anyway, Gerald pic was awesome, I still can't believe why that fly so obedient, must be a camwhoring fly, at home I wanna swat one also so hard, just move my hands they fly liao !

  19. #59
    Member ireallydontlikepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Second Last Stop of East Side
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3

    Quote Originally Posted by isaac976 View Post
    ireallydontlikepink, I thought you have gotten yourself another equipment liao? the D80? already saw some of your pics, Kekekeke

    anyway, Gerald pic was awesome, I still can't believe why that fly so obedient, must be a camwhoring fly, at home I wanna swat one also so hard, just move my hands they fly liao !
    u can try on other things first lah ... till u get the tactic then test on the fly.
    else u make the fly die first? kidding
    I still using LX3 lah! :>


    inspired by gerald's pic ..
    LIFE is like Photography. You use the Negatives to develop. The Pictures to prove the beauty.

  20. #60

    Default Re: What is the easiest way to achieve Bokeh using LX3



    Testing for Frontal Bokeh



    Testing for back Bokeh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •