Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

Default [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th July

[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

Date: 24th July
    Time: 8.00am meet (8.30am start shooting) till 11.30am/12pm
    Place: Singapore Botanic Garden (meet outside tanglin gate. Map: http://www.sbg.org.sg/tanglincore/tanglincore.asp)

Hiya everyone! I am Zhihua and im looking for an opportunity to organise macro outing. This is my first time organizing outing so kindly bear with me for a while. I love shooting macro photography ever since i was a student. I joined a few macro outings and decided to organise one as well.

Everyone (whether pro or beginner) is free to join the outing, regardless of camera type, lens type, flash type or whatever. Even a digicam/800mm cannonball is fine alright. Let us all share ideas and learn from each other as we go along. And last but not least, have FUN shooting

After shooting we can share our shots during lunch at SBG foodcourt.

Disclaimer: Macro lens is optional. If you have, it's a bonus. If you dont have a macro lens, you can use the Raynox DC-250 or any other filter to attach to your prime lens/kit lens.

Things to bring:
    1) Camera
    2) Tripod/monopod (optional)
    3) Water
    4) Towel

Those who are new to Macro photography, dont worry. Our friendly seniors are here to teach you all the basics

This outing has no limit of people. Kindly indicate your usernames here by copy pasting this in the next post. My contact: 91840317

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

IMPT!
    1) Please DO NOT post OT threads here. If you all want to post OT , please do so in the Kopitiam or PM me directly. I dont want DM to come after me. Kindly see this thread:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showt...73#post6282573
    Last edited by zzhihuaa; 12th July 2010 at 06:04 PM.
    I love macro close-up and portrait photography

Default Re: [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Thanks zzhihuaa!!! It'll be a good opportunity to shoot with learned felas. I have attended a macro shot outing earlier and been to SBG on my own twice...but nothing better than to be a part of a gang of fellow shooters!!!
    Neetsdendie...India's Neets!!!

Default Re: [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

You are welcome nitish. Come along and join the fun too

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Count me in..
    Last edited by Jacobs; 12th July 2010 at 09:45 PM.
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    4) Frostiee
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Very free recently... Gonna leech all the experience while i still can XD

Default Re: [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th Jul

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    4) Frostiee
    5) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Finally a suitable date for me to join =)
    Canon 550D | 50 f/1.8 | 70-200 f/4L IS | Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 VC | Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 | Sigma 30 f/1.4

[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th July

Place: Singapore Botanic Garden (meet outside tanglin gate. Map: http://www.sbg.org.sg/tanglincore/tanglincore.asp)

Hiya everyone! I am Zhihua and im looking for an opportunity to organise macro outing. This is my first time organizing outing so kindly bear with me for a while. I love shooting macro photography ever since i was a student. I joined a few macro outings and decided to organise one as well.

Everyone (whether pro or beginner) is free to join the outing, regardless of camera type, lens type, flash type or whatever. Even a digicam/800mm cannonball is fine alright. Let us all share ideas and learn from each other as we go along. And last but not least, have FUN shooting

Disclaimer: Macro lens is optional. If you have, it's a bonus. If you dont have a macro lens, you can use the Raynox DC-250 or any other filter to attach to your prime lens/kit lens.

Things to bring:
    1) Camera
    3) Water
    4) Towel

Those who are new to Macro photography, dont worry. Our friendly seniors are here to teach you all the basics

This outing has no limit of people. Kindly indicate your usernames here by copy pasting this in the next post. My contact: 91840317

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    4) Frostiee
    5) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

IMPT!
    1) Please DO NOT post OT threads here. If you all want to post OT , please do so in the Kopitiam or PM me directly. I dont want DM to come after me. Kindly see this thread:

Update: Any OT threads pls post in this link. Thanks. Click here

[Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day) 24th July

Things to bring:
    1) Camera
    3) Water
    4) Towel

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    4) Defelio (David)(Newbie)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

IMPT!

Can't make it as the date clashes with the CS Live @ SAM. Maybe next time. SOrry~

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Hey there, would love to learn and explore macro! See you guys next Sat!

those confirm can make it on 24th july kindly send me a pm with the following

Name
    Contact no
    CS username

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frostiee View Post

Things to bring:
    1) Camera
    3) Water
    4) Towel

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

IMPT!

Can't make it as the date clashes with the CS Live @ SAM. Maybe next time. SOrry~
    ok sure. U can join us in next outings. no worries

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6) asktronaut (Newbie)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Looking forward to this...this being my first ever CS Outing. (:
    But I don't have macro lens or Raynox DC-250 or any other filters. Is that a prob?

hi asktronaut, no prob at all. dont have to have macro lens or filters to join this gathering. even a simple digicam or hp cam is ok. just keep a relaxed heart, come along and have fun

i would also like to join but hope there isnt any thing last mins thing i have to do... count mi in but i cant say 100% i can go. hehe....
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by zzhihuaa View Post
    hi asktronaut, no prob at all. dont have to have macro lens or filters to join this gathering. even a simple digicam or hp cam is ok. just keep a relaxed heart, come along and have fun
    Cool! See you then!

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6) asktronaut (Newbie)
    7) nicholaslsa
    8)
    9)
    10)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6) asktronaut (Newbie)
    7) nicholaslsa
    8) SHLEW
    9)
    10)

Smile Re: [Beginners Macro outing]Part 1 - Trip to Singapore Botanic Gardens (Day)

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6) asktronaut (Newbie)
    7) nicholaslsa
    8) SHLEW
    9) ra1nb0w
    10)

Thanks for organizing

1) zzhihuaa (zhihua)
    2) neetsdeindie (Nitish)
    3) Jacobs
    5) branndon
    6) asktronaut (Newbie)
    7) nicholaslsa
    8) SHLEW
    9) ra1nb0w
    10) thaBuzzed

Hi Zhihua,
    What's the backup plan in case it rains?
    Shall we stick to the original timing, and, if it rains, we'll meet in the foodcourt to drink coffee and discuss equipment and macro photography just like the AMK outing?
    Tks.
    LEW

The saying: "Met officers get the best job in the world. They always make mistakes and yet do not get fired from their jobs!"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast