Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbies Outing (Part 13) - 21 July (Wed) 1800hrs Marina Bayfront Area

Default Re: Newbies Outing (Part 13) - 21 July (Wed) 1800hrs Marina Bayfront Area

i am willing to take the role of guide ('senior' too much for me, haha) if you find me qualified.

Default Re: Newbies Outing (Part 13) - 21 July (Wed) 1800hrs Marina Bayfront Area

Those in Group 1, should not bring too much equipment. Might even have to share tripod at some point.

If possible, 1 body 1 lens (UWA or Kit lens). If you have Battery Grip, best remove it.

Keep them at home if possible, cos if you bring a 600mm, you might not be able to take it with you to shoot.

Cheers!
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    More recently, I shoot a lot in A mode. I just use EV compensation to play around with the actual exposure. Been working out fine.
    rodger... this is prolly a faster way.

Quote Originally Posted by gravism View Post
    if going up, you have to pay $20 right? does that mean those going up will have to purchase the tix first at tower3?
    Sssshhhhhhhhh, u giving the game away!

Dont want gatecrashers to come last minute.

ermm. post removed.

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Because we are shooting on a 'flying boat' near there, looking down at the City front!
    Dear dingaroo

I have yet to shoot the new bridge and am quite keen to shoot from height..If I put as newbie I'm sure I'll be X out but why no body wants to be "senior" there? I'm only senior in age..

See you next week..

esther

Quote Originally Posted by Estherfu View Post
    Dear dingaroo

I have yet to shoot the new bridge and am quite keen to shoot from height..If I put as newbie I'm sure I'll be X out but why no body wants to be "senior" there? I'm only senior in age..

See you next week..

esther
    because I'm scared of heights
    Esther... I think from up top you can't see the bridge much (I presume you're referring to the Helix).
    Exploring! :)

For those in Group 2:

if you want to learn how to take those type of "I was there" shots at night with flash (ie like our regular Group photos), then do bring along your external flash and I will TRY to help you with my limited knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    For those in Group 2:

if you want to learn how to take those type of "I was there" shots at night with flash (ie like our regular Group photos), then do bring along your external flash and I will TRY to help you with my limited knowledge.
    Wait for group 1 too! SO unfair!

er. if no external flash?
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    No worries, i believe the actual shoot doesn't require an external flash.

Bro ZCA only mentions external flash because he is going to explain about flash photography where you get both yourself and the background properly exposed in the picture to the participants (at least I think so anyway =P).
    エイドリアン-D700|D90|T11-16 f/2.8|S20 f/1.8|35 f/2D|35-70 f/2.8D|50 f/1.4D|85 f/3.5 Micro|70-300VR

i like to join i newbies bt cant make it at 6pm only can reach at 6.30

Quote Originally Posted by Hang83 View Post
    i like to join i newbies bt cant make it at 6pm only can reach at 6.30
    No problem.

Just slot your name in the appropriate group, and do turn up on that day!

As long as you make it for the blue hour is still just fine.

Cheers!

Deregistered

Those in Group 1, should not bring too much equipment. Might even have to share tripod at some point.

If possible, 1 body 1 lens (UWA or Kit lens). If you have Battery Grip, best remove it.

Keep them at home if possible, cos if you bring a 600mm, you might not be able to take it with you to shoot.

Cheers!
    Dingaroo,you already gave some clues in the above post.I know where u guys are going already...

Sssshhhhhhhhh, u giving the game away!

Dont want gatecrashers to come last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    still need me to say har...?

BBB SB900

Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    Dingaroo,you already gave some clues in the above post.I know where u guys are going already...
    errr... so?
    what's your point?

do you want me to say.... "wah... you so clever!!! You figured out our top secret meeting spot!" ??

Quote Originally Posted by korbidp3k View Post
    No worries, i believe the actual shoot doesn't require an external flash.

Bro ZCA only mentions external flash because he is going to explain about flash photography where you get both yourself and the background properly exposed in the picture to the participants (at least I think so anyway =P).
    yes you're correct!

But I can only teach you MY method, which may or may not be the best method. Well at least it gets the job done.

Deregistered

errr... so?
    what's your point?

do you want me to say.... "wah... you so clever!!! You figured out our top secret meeting spot!" ??
    So......nothing.Just informing Dingaroo that he already gave some clues only...

Relax lah

like this
    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post

but only half as good

yes you're correct!

But I can only teach you MY method, which may or may not be the best method. Well at least it gets the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    So......nothing.Just informing Dingaroo that he already gave some clues only...

Relax lah
    Kevin, as Mrs Scubagolfer & Ding mentioned:
    " Let kids play with kids. Let the adults play free of headaches! "
    雅各士 - ジェイコブ
    EOS
    5D3 + Luxury Lenses|Hope To Make Someone Happy By Showing My Pictures|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast